• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Not enough balance error in MT5 using OctaFx

I am having an issue with a company

NoobInTrade

Recruit
I opened a demo OctaFX account with $200 balance and trying to buy 0.1 of XAUUSD at current price of $1925.11 but it says I don't have enough money, why?

I then topped up another 800 so now my balance is $1000 but again I can't buy and it is showing same message.

I am using Meta Trader 5. What am I doing wrong?

Here is the screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-31-07-11-47-25_0bea77daeacc231008e293164131bafa.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-31-07-11-47-25_0bea77daeacc231008e293164131bafa.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 33
I opened a demo OctaFX account with $200 balance and trying to buy 0.1 of XAUUSD at current price of $1925.11 but it says I don't have enough money, why?

I then topped up another 800 so now my balance is $1000 but again I can't buy and it is showing same message.

MetaTrader allows for virtual dealer plug-in and other software used to manipulate trades. See the thread below.

What is your account leverage?

Dear NoobInTrade,

Please excuse us for not getting back earlier.

By taking this chance, we want to thank our FPA community, who helped explain that your margin was insufficient to open the order.

Indeed, leverage is one of the most important Forex features, and we encourage our customers to pay closer attention to it. If you're new to Forex trading, we recommend using leverage 1:10.

You can also use our trading calculator to get a better idea of the required margin for your order. Here's the link to it: https://www.octafx.com/markets/forex-calculator/mt5/.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here to help.

Kind regards,
OctaFX Rep.

Back