98 % of 4X traders lose money - Why?

Nowadays we have a lot of information, internet is full of different analyses, charts, articles. If you have any question, you can ask it on various forums. If speaking about trading, than almost everything is done to trade successfully. But anyway, most of traders lose their money. Why? In my opinion because they don't want to learn, to read books. They are too lazy for going deep, for studying. Most traders want immediately start making money. But as we know, this way they still will keep loosing money.

I agree with you, good point. Now the problem is to sort the useful information from the rest!

Lets aproach the matter from a different angle.
Mentors.
What do you think a trader who becomes rich does after achieving that? (appart from hookers and blow)

Heeeeeeeeeeeee dissapeaaars.
It is ironic that people who taught us (initially) are either analysts on a salary that dare not trade themselves ,or people who need to make money by teaching us , ergo , they probably dont make much on trading.

Well, that's what the statistics say: 95% of traders lose money and that’s a pretty high percentage, and just 5% of them actually can profit from it, I guess this makes you expect to lose since a lot of traders lose, it plays with your mind and your emotions. But I see that losing is a process of learning from those mistakes and finally figure out how to plan well and stick to that plan.

The ratio of 95:5 loss/profit traders is a main reason for such incommensurably high profitability of forex. Being money redistribution process, forex can't be be a source of profit for every professional trader. It's a competition actually.

Well, that's what the statistics say: 95% of traders lose money and that’s a pretty high percentage, and just 5% of them actually can profit from it,

8 out of 7 statisticians present data in ways that don't make sense.

I'm pretty sure the 95%, 98%, whatever % losers is just based on anecdotal statements, not real statistics. I'm sure that more that 5% of traders find themselves close to breakeven after trading for awhile, so give up. That sort of kills the usual claims about how high a percent lose money. Add in that most profitable traders start out as losers and later work their way through breakeven to the point where they win, and getting any real statistics would be difficult.

many trader forget and abandoned their own rules when they start trading,, they just make a target, but if they already reach it, they want more so they didnt stop trading, and loss came to them

8 out of 7 statisticians present data in ways that don't make sense.

I'm pretty sure the 95%, 98%, whatever % losers is just based on anecdotal statements, not real statistics. I'm sure that more that 5% of traders find themselves close to breakeven after trading for awhile, so give up. That sort of kills the usual claims about how high a percent lose money. Add in that most profitable traders start out as losers and later work their way through breakeven to the point where they win, and getting any real statistics would be difficult.

I think it's true and it makes sense, many traders face loss at some point, they're losing because they don't have enough experience so they will face loss. This is why 5 % of Forex traders are successful because they had many losses when they started this business so now they have enough experience.

I think it's true and it makes sense, many traders face loss at some point, they're losing because they don't have enough experience so they will face loss. This is why 5 % of Forex traders are successful because they had many losses when they started this business so now they have enough experience.

The more experienced you become the more losses you allow though.

Back