A BUNCH of e-Books

ElaineMDG

Corporal
For beginners-and there's a couple of other pages on this site with more "advanced" collections (for psychology, money mgt, strategies, etc). There's at least a couple here that are pretty good, most of them are fairly dated though. Also, after checking these and the ebooks on the strategy page-there aren't many that are based on price action-or "naked charts". Almost every strategy eBook and several of these "beginning ebooks that I looked at; were loaded with 3+ indicators. Lol, one of them I read through for the fun of it-but I think you need a "Masters in Indicators" just to figure out the first part of the strategy!! ;)
Anyways, there's a few ebooks on this page written by well-known traders and offer some good risk management advice-basic stuff, but important! Who was it that said "the easiest way to make money is to keep what you have"? Something like that...
Enjoy!

http://www.earnforex.com/forex-e-books/beginner-forex-trading/

(This link was actually tweeted to me, it's in no way an endorsement of this site-to be honest, I haven't even looked at anything except the ebooks they made available)

For beginners-and there's a couple of other pages on this site with more "advanced" collections (for psychology, money mgt, strategies, etc). There's at least a couple here that are pretty good, most of them are fairly dated though. Also, after checking these and the ebooks on the strategy page-there aren't many that are based on price action-or "naked charts". Almost every strategy eBook and several of these "beginning ebooks that I looked at; were loaded with 3+ indicators. Lol, one of them I read through for the fun of it-but I think you need a "Masters in Indicators" just to figure out the first part of the strategy!! ;)
Anyways, there's a few ebooks on this page written by well-known traders and offer some good risk management advice-basic stuff, but important! Who was it that said "the easiest way to make money is to keep what you have"? Something like that...
Enjoy!

http://www.earnforex.com/forex-e-books/beginner-forex-trading/

(This link was actually tweeted to me, it's in no way an endorsement of this site-to be honest, I haven't even looked at anything except the ebooks they made available)
Interesting list. Might come in handy to beginner traders.

Going with reading the books about Forex trading is a good approach but what i would like to tell is that it is only giving us some knowledge but not the real thing :)
Very true!! There's no substitute for experience! I know that I personally needed some basic information on trading, and forex in general-coming from a completely unrelated field.
I've also been a "reading addict" since I was 5 though, and end up spending most of my days, (AND frequently nights!) reading everything from news, philosophy and medical research to fiction-although I haven't read much fiction lately.

Very true!! There's no substitute for experience! I know that I personally needed some basic information on trading, and forex in general-coming from a completely unrelated field.
I've also been a "reading addict" since I was 5 though, and end up spending most of my days, (AND frequently nights!) reading everything from news, philosophy and medical research to fiction-although I haven't read much fiction lately.

i have spent some 1 year in reading about Forex markets but still i had no clue what it was about 6 years back ;)

i have spent some 1 year in reading about Forex markets but still i had no clue what it was about 6 years back ;)

I'll be honest: this week I've had a bunch of routine medical tests, (I "flunked" my colonoscopy-it's not that they found anything per se, but they're going to have to admit me into the hospital to redo one), and I'd purposely gotten some books on trading in PDF form that I could both read-and listen to with a text-to-voice app on my iPad. I haven't made it past the second chapter in ANY of the books before falling asleep, lol!! Not sure what it is-I mean in one of the books Kathy Lein was describing a fascinating history of the currency markets-BUT, I just couldn't stay focused or interested enough to stay awake!! Maybe I'm just tired & dehydrated... I'm going to try again this weekend. I've slept most of the last day, and should be re-hydrated, so hopefully my mind is a BIT clearer!
Considering I woke-up from some nightmare related to trading at 1AM this morning, *something* must be getting through to my subconscious!! ;) (and NO, I don't remember exactly what the dream was about, just that it had to do with trading. I'd fallen asleep listening to Trading in the Zone-it was still playing when I woke-up, coughing, trying to catch my breath & sweating...lol!! Is there mobsters or something in there? I'll have to go back & read it-while AWAKE this time!! ;) )

Here's a good forex nightmare for you.

You open a 2 lot position for a quick scalp. You think you can grab 5 pips easy, and since you are glued to the keyboard, you think there's no need for a hard stop loss. That's when your internet connection fails. A moment later, you can hear something about a surprise announcement from a central bank from the TV in the next room. By the time you get back to your account using your cell phone, you find that due to low liquidity, the margin call which should have closed your trades when 90% of your account was gone couldn't execute until you were at negative $5k.

That should be enough to keep you awake. ;)

Here's a good forex nightmare for you.

You open a 2 lot position for a quick scalp. You think you can grab 5 pips easy, and since you are glued to the keyboard, you think there's no need for a hard stop loss. That's when your internet connection fails. A moment later, you can hear something about a surprise announcement from a central bank from the TV in the next room. By the time you get back to your account using your cell phone, you find that due to low liquidity, the margin call which should have closed your trades when 90% of your account was gone couldn't execute until you were at negative $5k.

That should be enough to keep you awake. ;)

Thanks Pharaoh-I'm already dreaming about pips, I needed another nightmare. :p
Luckily, the FIRST thing I absorbed when starting this journey is "Do NOT open a trade or place ANY kind of order, without a stop loss!!". It took a little longer to realize that 15-pip stop losses aren't usually a great idea-especially in a long-term trade. And a bit after that I quit MOVING my stop losses, repeating "it's JUST about to turn back around!! Just a LITTLE more room...!!" Actually, I'm currently only trading maybe once-a-day. I signed-up for the 2 weeks of Jarratt's course, HOPING to understand more about fundamentals. I'm also trying to catch-up on some reading. That experience last week with the US broker made me a bit "trade-shy". This reading I'm doing I should have done before I even started Demo trading, nevermind opening the micro-acct. I'm finding I kinda skipped over a lot of basics thinking I knew enough....
Lol, I've read 2 articles this week AND it's covered in Mark Douglas's book; that those of us who spent years being educated in and working in the sciences, seem to have a harder time grasping the nuances of trading-not to mention, developing and sticking with a strategy. SEE, NOW I have an excuse!! (Besides my Windows machine screwing up!) :D

PS: I don't know about 95, (although my ex, a software engineer, FORCED me to learn on a DOS, Windows 95 & UNIX box. He hid my MAC under a blanket most of time, ashamed his programming buddies might see it); but I knew XP inside and out. That's NOT saying I LIKED it, (I'd actually switched all my PC's to Linux shortly before they were destroyed in a fire. I'd tried to install MAC emulating software on them so I could switch between my MacBook and iPad & corrupted the whole system). But at LEAST I could tinker with XP & get everything done. I'm hearing nothing but complaints about 10 from family & friends, My poor 90-something parents won't even touch their laptop or desktop anymore since they upgraded to 10. I told them to sell them & upgrade their iPads 1 & 2 instead! :p

those of us who spent years being educated in and working in the sciences, seem to have a harder time grasping the nuances of trading
So true. I have studied Forex for a year, demo traded another four months but I do not have live trades to call experience. Sometimes I wake up feeling like kicking myself.

So true. I have studied Forex for a year, demo traded another four months but I do not have live trades to call experience. Sometimes I wake up feeling like kicking myself.

Whenever we will do our trading then we also know that if we are more experienced as a trader the income opportunity will rise for us :)

Back