• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

A journey to discover the true limits of Forex brokers !

Nimo2006

Private
Shortly :
1- What the maximum withdrawal amount in $ you did or any other retail trader you may know did from a Forex broker .. screen shoots will be welcome after hiding the identity data?
2- Shall it a good idea if Forex peace army community requests the Forex authorities regulators / brokers to expose the real account size after which the leverage would be dropped to 1:1 .. as almost all brokers hiding this fact ?

anyone asking why i'm curious about answering the above questions its because i made a logical probability assumption that the world have at least one Elite Trader from each country able to make +ive 80% profit monthly with 1:100 and higher leverage account ( because the opposite losses probability is also possible -ive 80% and because of Mr.Warren Buffet has made 60$ Billion trading stocks ) and without withdrawing the profit then his 1st year figure would be 115000% as per shown earlier in the below thread
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/comm...drawal-incredible-yearly-profit-115000.63112/

Even before retail forex existed, institutional traders would ramp down leverage (either willingly or due to broker policies) as the amount of money on the table increased. People who handle that much money (especially other people's money) are very concerned about risk. If they weren't, they wouldn't have so much money to trade with.

I haven't heard of anything lower than 5:1, and believe that 10:1 is common on major pairs for most brokers that permit trades of a full yard (1 Billion currency units, 10,000 lots).

Since forex is unfortunately decentralized, regulated brokers are only limited on the upper-limits of leverage offered. Since the SNB black swan event wiped out a number of brokers, ramping down leverage for weekends, major news events, and very large trade sizes has become extremely common. LPs can also impose limits on just how much they are willing to risk with one broker or even one trader with one broker.

The drawback here is that an unethical broker can manipulate leverage and/or spread and/or rollover rates to push a trader into a premature margin call. On the flipside, I've seen hundreds of traders who did a last minute hedge to avoid a margin call get very upset when legitimate swap charges or spread widening resulted in a margin call that was inevitable.

I haven't heard of anything lower than 5:1, and believe that 10:1 is common on major pairs for most brokers that permit trades of a full yard (1 Billion currency units, 10,000 lots).
Oanda in their website allowing to choose 1:1 leverage when open a sub practice account .. and that's seems logical and maybe the highest reasonable coverage for any serious broker because as i explained before compounding profit with just 80% percent monthly can raise an equity from 100$ to more than 150 $ billion dollar within just 3 years .. any broker in my opinion not showing his leverage grading policy is not serious broker and at any stage can stop the growth of equities by manipulation or hidden statement in their terms and conditions like " the broker can terminate the contract with customer without giving reasons" or like " the broker may change the leverage without prior notice " a lot of protecting statements are there just awaiting the elite traders .

Back