• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

a weird thing

cklayus

Private, 1st Class
I was going through the list of forex broker reviews and looked at 4-5 star brokers with many reviews (above 100).
Most of them are not regulated in a "normal" authority.
That is very strange to me.

I was going through the list of forex broker reviews and looked at 4-5 star brokers with many reviews (above 100).
Most of them are not regulated in a "normal" authority.
That is very strange to me.

Where you found it and name few brokers to check :)

In the forex brokers list here. if you sort them by rating, we are looking for more then 100 reviews, for greater credibility.
if you go from to to bottom:
first we have GLOBALPRIME - ASIC they are ok.
ATC - NFA and the uk regulatot (FCA i think) good
but the you get
fxchoice, tallinex, tikmill (98 reviews but close enough), HOT FOREX with 400+ reviews from mauritius or whatever, nordfx.
now I dont say they are bad broker but they are not properlly regulated for sure.
after that you have some regulated brokers, and specifically ICmarkets.com (a broker that I am looking very closely thees days, thinking about trading with them)
exness from cypress is getting decent reviews with 400+ comments. but big NFA regulated names like OANADA and FXCM are way down the list. xm.com is above them also with 400+ comments (I read they are numer 2 the world), from cypress

Yeah. I don't think you can find 4-5 stars without regulated especially in FPA. Even regulated, I usually saw 2-3 stars. LoL.

In the forex brokers list here. if you sort them by rating, we are looking for more then 100 reviews, for greater credibility.
if you go from to to bottom:
first we have GLOBALPRIME - ASIC they are ok.
ATC - NFA and the uk regulatot (FCA i think) good
but the you get
fxchoice, tallinex, tikmill (98 reviews but close enough), HOT FOREX with 400+ reviews from mauritius or whatever, nordfx.
now I dont say they are bad broker but they are not properlly regulated for sure.
after that you have some regulated brokers, and specifically ICmarkets.com (a broker that I am looking very closely thees days, thinking about trading with them)
exness from cypress is getting decent reviews with 400+ comments. but big NFA regulated names like OANADA and FXCM are way down the list. xm.com is above them also with 400+ comments (I read they are numer 2 the world), from cypress

About ATC you can read this thread to get some answer https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/atc-good-fxcm-bad-how-is-that.46677/

I believe there are any number of brokers out there which now regret using assorted bonus offers to lure in clueless traders.

Imagine 2 traders.

Trader 1 doesn't understand leverage, but finds an offer to open an account for $20 which comes with a big bonus. Lack of understanding leverage also means this person will interpret a margin call as "The broker closed all my positions and took my money." This person leaves a 1 star review.

Trader 2 is a professional. Opens a $5000 account to test the broker, ignores bonuses, and ends up pleased with how well the broker executes trades. He leaves a 5 star review.

Traders 1 and 2 have equal power to affect the ratings. There are many more new clients who match the description of Trader 1 than Trader 2. If the broker offers super-low account opening minimums (perhaps even some no-deposit bonuses) and big bonuses on deposits, this will bring in many more like Trader 1 while not bringing in very many like Trader 2.

Throw in a few more mistakes like that and a good broker can sabotage their own ratings quite effectively.

There's a big difference between reviews and ratings. If you look at reviews solely by rating without reading the text, you are equating someone freaking out over 1 day delay in a withdrawal to someone who's been struggling to get a withdrawal for months.

You have to READ the reviews. Then you can get a better idea which bad ones are just people whining and which good ones are suspiciously like "Wow, this broker is super. I love this broker."

Also, this will help you narrow things down considerably:

How to Select a Forex Broker

Back