• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Ac-markets.com

General discussions of a financial company
Police raid Geneva forex firm in fraud probe
by Malcolm Curtis Geneva - 03 April 2009 | 18:05

EXCLUSIVE: A squad of 28 police officers raid the downtown Geneva offices of currency trading company ACM and seize documents, a computer and other evidence in a suspected financial fraud case. Swisster discovers the unprecedented affair, being directed by an inspector and detective for the cantonal force’s financial fraud brigade, may take weeks to unravel and has involved the questioning of top officials from the company, who are refusing to comment.

Swiss Business in English: Police raid Geneva forex firm in fraud probe

I have been trading with ACM for a little while. I am surprised to read the report in the website. I think this is something to take with a "pinch of salt" attitude. I base this from personal experience with the broker. There are few brokers that are so easily accessible today, a bad broker will never be so easy to reach, ACM have a very open, transparent image. I opened my account at the office on their invitation and not on internet. also few brokers are invited on international financial TV networks , ACM is one of the few. No, I have trust in this broker and I am sure that time will show that it is so.

ACM Busted by Geneva Police

Now is everything in Swiss Authorities hands. They have information to work on, and time will tell. So far was confirmed that they are clearing thru STP less then 10% off all they clients trades, and dealing desk functionality off they trading platform need to be investigated by Cantonal police corps.

Now is everything in Swiss Authorities hands. They have information to work on, and time will tell. So far was confirmed that they are clearing thru STP less then 10% off all they clients trades, and dealing desk functionality off they trading platform need to be investigated by Cantonal police corps.

Hello Ilya,

I have been seeing the news on the web with much interest but no where I find about the 10% of STP you said are confirmed, and I look every where, can you give me the link. Who is confirmed it? The cantonal? The police? I ask because I trade with them for over a year and it has been good, and my husband is finding hard to be convince of this bad news, he say it will not make problem for the broker. My husband built stratergies that have made good profit for us, he even use alot the information from Crazy Cat of FPA!

I make this information public just for one reason - that is the TRUTH about ACM, for now I can't post any additional info because of ongoing investigation, but in some day I will post much much more - original screenshots, then all traders will see what actualy happening during the news - why spread is widening and for how long, on every account or just on selected account, why avalible margin is changing ( are margin calculations done base on what price? on a widen the spread or base on a market price?),
why trader can't close or open position, and other stuff.
When you are trading against the market is one think, when dealer trading against you is other. Make the list off all questions what you have, and start to think about why is this happening?

This is only my opinion - ACM shot them self in the foot by:

In return, ACM has lodged a complaint against this former client with accusations of blackmail, defamation and forgery of documents.

Because they filed this complain on April 1.

Police raid was on April 2, and Police found enaph evidence during the raid to seize documents, a computer and other evidence in a suspected financial fraud case.

Lett Swiss criminal court to decide - what the outcome will be off this investigation, but for me is very clear - for ACM is to early to celebrate victory against they former client. Many clients they lost they cases against ACM, because they just don't know how to fight this situation.
ACM can make public - how many cases was filed against them by exclients and they exworkers - will be very interesting to see that statistic.
And what the everage time frame for workers to work at ACM and why?

Hello Ilya, thanks you for your news, keep us informed. I read in swiss paper Le temps today that ACM make already a warning to authorities in 2008 about the bad document because the Mexcsican try at blakmail with them. My husband say this all to strange, why the mexcsican he wait 2 years? We agree with you Ilya, we wait to see result. This must also to happen to all brokers not only ACM, most trade bad and blame the broker or they with a bad money manager who pass blame to the broker they with. anway, thanks Ilya, "nagyon koszonom".

Hello Ilya, any more news for us? I see from you last posts that you are doing trading with Alpari, are you IB with them? I not yet have a look at your accont, what you put here is login for allow me to go on your accont, yes? We not understand what is the reason for this? We were talking on ACM before. I still want to say to all that whatever pepole is saying we are still trading with profits for all our ACM acconts. We are open with our customers, they all kno all that is happened here and we give them choice to close accont and to us to open with other broker if they wanting to. Everybody decide to keep with ACM, they say they happy, as long as still making profit!!

Back