Account size to trade full time?

It totally depends on you and your self-confidence. I would start trading seriously from $10000 on my account. I think this sum is opimal one: not too huge to waste and not too small to earn nothing pulling much effort to it.

What account size do you consider appropriate to be a full time trader on?

Obviously personal factors influence the monthly income you would need, but beyond that what size cushion would you give yourself for the leaner periods in trading?
In case you have not come across this:

Boy, 16, turns £150 into £60,000 after teaching himself how to be a trader​

Other good reading and educational articles:
I used my own money to test out these trading mentors. Here is what I found.

The 17 Best Forex Trading Courses

How Much Money Can You Make from Forex Trading?

Course - Introduction to Forex Trading

Last edited:
It totally depends on you and your goals. If you have done good trading practice and are confident enough then you can start trading with any amount but still I will suggest go for the minimum amount first, for live trading.

In case you have not come across this:

Boy, 16, turns £150 into £60,000 after teaching himself how to be a trader​

Other good reading and educational articles:
I used my own money to test out these trading mentors. Here is what I found.

The 17 Best Forex Trading Courses

How Much Money Can You Make from Forex Trading?

Course - Introduction to Forex Trading
Thank you very much, will get reading!

Hi All,

I have received an interesting email from one of FPA "Special Consultant to the FPA", Andrew Mitchem, which I believe will be most helpful to beginner Traders and Wannabe Traders.

In his video, Andrew explain how beginner and even seasoned Traders can make money without having a very large trading account. I will not reveal exactly what Andrew said in his video, but strongly urged those who want to become a full time Forex Trader to go watch and listen to Andrew's advice.

For those who are unfamiliar with who Andrew Mitchem is, do check out and read his story here at the FPA.

To your pips and being a full time successful Forex Trader!
Thank you for sharing :)

My working capital is 3000 USD, I use 1:50 leverage and trade with 0.1 lot. It is important that your account equity can weather a streak of losses like 5-10 losses in a row and this loss should not exceed 20-30% of your equity if you want to feel comfortable after such an adverse event happens

My working capital is 3000 USD, I use 1:50 leverage and trade with 0.1 lot. It is important that your account equity can weather a streak of losses like 5-10 losses in a row and this loss should not exceed 20-30% of your equity if you want to feel comfortable after such an adverse event happens
Thank you, this is really good breakdown and advice

Ima think you shouldn't trade on fulltrade cauze you don't even know how much account size you need for it. Think about it...
Not helpful, the forum is here to ask questions and gain advice from others.
You can already see from the numerous answers that opinion varies greatly, so it is valuable to learn and understand from others, and deduce what works best for you.

Ima think you shouldn't trade on fulltrade cauze you don't even know how much account size you need for it. Think about it...

Just trade micro or mini lots in the start and keep on repeating untill you know whats going on..

Back