• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss AcmeHedge.com

General discussions of a financial company
Sorry for any delay in responding, I don't visit FPA but about once a month.... Answer to your question, for easy of handling commissions with Acme I opened an account with ECN Alpha. I have no complaints about Acme except that the account manager didn't follow my instructions in the first two months and put my account in 'non-aggressive' trading when I had repeatedly asked for 'aggressive' trading. They straighten that out after I inquired about lesser returns. I am now trading in the 'aggressive pool.

Back to your question, I have a problem or two with ECN Alpha, one they have shutdown their servers two times for 48 hours per event on short notice. Fortnately the Acme guys had no problem managing the issue as they maintain offices nearby. I make no other claim. I considered addinng additional capital to the account and having a friend open an account when a fraud complaint showed up in FPA about a withdrawal request not being honered. I have contacted the broker ECNALpha and asked the to resolve this issue or I will move my account. That issue is still in process. I am personally looking into alternatives and finding a broker for USA clients, ECN with reliable spreads etc. is a challenge.

good luck all.

Let me be clear: i am not yet endorsing nor objecting to Acme Hedge.

Been a live account holder for 45 days. Results have been virtually 100% positive, no loosing trade days [I should clarify, I mean no loss on a daily basis, meaning for all hedged trades there was not day with a net loss] YET results are not yet anything comparied to the level advertised on th AGGRESSIVE mode. ... less than 1/2 of that level.

Now that said, I don't think a service which has so far made money and lost none should be vilified. I am not going to judge the results until the six month mark.. I have some level of satisfaction with the service.

I can say the support has been extremely responsive; no complaints yet.

If things continue this way then I will be a happy customer forever.

I will try to remember to post my final results after six months.

I am back, I have had an account with Acme Hedge now for four months, my account is up just over 50% profit @ gross before commissions. There have been some issues with the reliability of the broker ECN Alpha but Acme had navigated the situation flawlessly. It should be pointed out that the results are based up on about 21/2 months as 'non-aggressive' trading and the last 11/2 month 'aggressive trading'. I am not yet an endorser but I am not unhappy either. I wish I new how to use hedged currency pairs like they do as it is facinating to watch at times.

I will try to remember to post results at 6 months and any change in brokers.

WARNING!

Do not deal with Acmehedge.

They deal with Brokers: ecnaplha.com
They and Acmehedge are a scam. They will take your money, trade it and when it comes time to withdraw funds you will not hear from them.

"Tony" is affiliated with both Acmehedge AND ecnalpha.com which is a clear and direct conflict of interest.

Acmehedge has traded an account of mine for 6 weeks, with average returns.
I Emailed "Tony" and asked him to cease trading the account.
To date the account remains to be traded and my Emails are going unanswered.

Have a look at ecnalpha.com and their reviews here on FPA. BEWARE!

The authenticity and honesty of any Fund Manager that decides to align themselves with a Broker like this must be questioned.

Keep away. I doubt I will get my money. If I do I will gladly write an retraction apology here.

For verification of this post please do not hesitate to ask.

WARNING!

They and Acmehedge are a scam. They will take your money, trade it and when it comes time to withdraw funds you will not hear from them.

"Tony" is affiliated with both Acmehedge AND ecnalpha.com which is a clear and direct conflict of interest.

The authenticity and honesty of any Fund Manager that decides to align themselves with a Broker like this must be questioned.

Keep away. I doubt I will get my money. If I do I will gladly write an retraction apology here.

WARNING!

@ above

We strongly disagree with the above post. Yes we recommended ecnalpha because their execution of orders are good. We are able to scalp well. We have tried with many brokers and since we are consistent on profit, all brokers started to play on execution. Hope all have seen our strategy. We open 4 orders everyday. But few brokers accept only 3 order and send off quotes for the fourth order. With only 3 orders it will end up in loss. We never had this issue with ecnalpha and hence we recommended them. We are not responsible for any issues with ecnalpha.

We are also doing good with other brokers like activtrades and axiory. We are also moving completely to axiory in couple of months.

Just because we are consistent in profit, jealous people publish bad reviews about us and its absolutely false.

Beware!

:mad:I opened an account last fall with ECN Alpha, to be managed by AcmeHedge.com. From the start, I requested the aggressive account, with the understanding that they would stop the trade at 85% (15% drawdown). The account was responding in conservative mode, and after several requests over 2 months, they finally adjusted it. Then, it happened. Not only did the trade not stop at 85% of the account (started with 10K, was up to 12.9K), but ECN Alpha didn't stop at the margin call either (4 trades @ 1.2 lots each = $4800). Currently, the account is under $2400. I will pursue this further, once the trade completes. Unfortunately, when I opened the account, both Acme Hedge and ECN Alpha had only positive reviews. Judging from the postings in the last 3 months, this has changed drastically. I'll post again when this trade finally closes, but the bottom line is neither safety "stop" was honored.

WARNING

Acme hedge maybe OK or not but The problem is that his broker ECN Alpha is SCAM Broker.
Please do not send any money to ECN Alpha, Whatever the equity is, You can not withdraw your fund from ECN Alpha.

Now I can not log in my account in ECN Alpha to request withdrawal my fund. They blocked it.

If I receive my fund I will update here.

Read the FPA broker review.

Last edited:
:mad:I opened an account last fall with ECN Alpha, to be managed by AcmeHedge.com. From the start, I requested the aggressive account, with the understanding that they would stop the trade at 85% (15% drawdown). The account was responding in conservative mode, and after several requests over 2 months, they finally adjusted it. Then, it happened. Not only did the trade not stop at 85% of the account (started with 10K, was up to 12.9K), but ECN Alpha didn't stop at the margin call either (4 trades @ 1.2 lots each = $4800). Currently, the account is under $2400. I will pursue this further, once the trade completes. Unfortunately, when I opened the account, both Acme Hedge and ECN Alpha had only positive reviews. Judging from the postings in the last 3 months, this has changed drastically. I'll post again when this trade finally closes, but the bottom line is neither safety "stop" was honored.

We will recover those losses on scalping soon.

Note to every one. We are also having issues with the existing broker and we are moving to axiory and dukascopy shortly. We will update the results once we start to perform there....

CAUTION: SCAM!
I'm an Australian investor who now lives and works in Asia. I opened a Managed Account with this company in January 2012 with their recommended Broker: ECN ALPHA. I have previously been corresponding with "Tony" from Acme Hedge. I asked for my account to cease trading and for ECN ALPHA to return my money to my nominated bank account, as I needed the money due to my father had been admitted to hospital. It took Acme Hedge over 1 month to cease trading the account. The closed balance is about $7,500 USD. Since then (over the last 4 weeks) all correspondence/Emails to both Acme Hedge and ECN Alpha have gone unanswered. I even volunteered to fly myself over to their offices to meet with them. "Tony" has told me that both ECN Alpha and Acme Hedge have their offices close to each other and are close personally and professionally. It is obvious they they have "teamed up" and defrauded many investors (myself included) out of many thousands of dollars. I actually work within the Litigation Industry and would be interested in starting a Class Action against these 2 companies and their Directors/Shareholders should enough of their clients (who's money they have also stolen) step forward. It's time we put a stop to these Rogues within the FX industry! Let's make examples of these 2 companies and publicly shame the people responsibility. If there are people, in a similar predicament as I, due to the (in)actions of Acme Hedge and ECN Alpha then please let me know. I'd also be interested in corresponding with the moderators of this Forum Thank you.

Back