• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss AcmeHedge.com

General discussions of a financial company
Great ROI , but few issues...

Systematic returns looks great , there is no doubt .

What would be an issue if investing in such Manager is :
1. There are no Contact informations . Very important to know the people before You invest.

2. ACME Managers are obviously not being Broker connected as an IB or External Managers (Managers of accounts). For me not a good sign as i have seen many people trying to start Their FX MA business like this before.

3. 50% Profit Share requires high potential return every month (no exception), otherwise You end up with 0 or minus + Brokers commission . There is no words on how Performance share model is calculated- for example High Watermark !!

4. Based on the Myfxbook statistics : Not enough data just yet to believe system is long term profitable . Excessive Drawdown . If 15% of floating DD is the top, where the account will be closed for further trading , than it is extremelly risky .

5. 100 000 k deposit migth be a good sign for some, but if manager deposits and withdraw most of it within just few weeks , then it is loosing it statistical meaning.

Good thing about ACME !
1. They share Their live acct. summary

2. They are here at FPA to prove their profitability and understand , that in case of any issues, they will be complains from clients to read in here.

Since i have been around this business for quite some time, i have seen many of similar Managers , which mostly failed . I hope ACME is not one of them and They will prove it .

I wish them ,and all their potential clients many profitable months to come !;)

Looking at the Account Statement ending 3/Mar/2011, I see only 2 trades x1 lot each traded and closed on AUD/USD for total profits of usd246.00

After seeing how you guys "whacked" 3 very large lot size trades (135.20, 193.30, & 253.60) previously, I was expecting the same yesterday but am very surprised (and disappointed) that you did not "whacked' the AUD/USD yesterday (3/Mar/2011) as it was extremely tradable on "Sell" orders.

Any explanation for missing out??

Earlier big lots were taken to compensate the losses. That was possible because we had 300:1 Leverage those days. Anyway now a days we don't trade big lots. We only hedge four currencies based on the correlation and make some decent profit with low risk. The maximum draw down is 20%. But nothing to worry... As the positions are hedged, a big loss won't happen. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at info@acmehedge.com

Earlier big lots were taken to compensate the losses. That was possible because we had 300:1 Leverage those days. Anyway now a days we don't trade big lots. We only hedge four currencies based on the correlation and make some decent profit with low risk. The maximum draw down is 20%. But nothing to worry... As the positions are hedged, a big loss won't happen. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at info@acmehedge.com

The hedging is suppose to offset the added risk among the 4 currencies trades right?

What suppose to happen when 20% drawdown is reached?

wow. And Equity recovered.

What a suicidal money manager.

60% Drawdown. You can see the drawdown on the Myfxbook balance graph

Since it is our account, we left the draw down higher. If it is client's account automatically it would have stopped at 20% draw down. We take risk only on our accounts. The major draw down happened because of the japanese earthquake...

Back