• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss AdvancedMarketsFx.com

General discussions of a financial company
Mixed Views

Greetings All,

I have gotten mixed ideas about this broker. I see that they have a 3 star rating in the reviews and ratings area. As I read there are quite a few of reviews complaining on cheating and loss of moneys due to inaccurate operations on the companies behalf, but also see 5 star ratings detailing good execution and reliable payments.

NFA has only one complaint that was resolved in 2008. What parameters does the NFA used to consider a complaint viable to act on?

If Pharaoh, or another of the active mods have information I could use before establishing an account I would greatly appropriate it; as well as, any information from other up standing-named persons from the FPA population. Please don't respond if you are anonymous.

Thank you,
Jared

Did someone call for a compulsive writer to give an unfounded opinion? :D

Quick and dirty:

1. A lot of brokers have at least one NFA action. More than one or a recent one that's bad is cause for alarm.

2. Multiple reviews about money problems is a big red flag in my book. Then again, all the reviews on this broker are fairly old. Customer service and policies do change over time, and occasionally improve.

3. If you want to risk it, open an account with a little more than the minimum. Then make a few small trades to see how good/bad execution is. If it seems ok. then try to withdraw a little money to see how much hassle that is. If the execution seems bad, pull out all the money and go elsewhere.

Demo

Demo runs gr8. they are DMA/STP now, which supposedly is the best pricing and the straightest STP you can get to liquidity provider. Major questions are exactly who is the liquidity providers.

The 1 NFA ruling i read through lead me to believe it was related to poor record keeping that may have mislead people to believe they were better capitalized then they truly were.

Also IB's that were overstating ( deceptive and misleading)forex market success rate and not disclosing the down side to trading. Advanced Markets notified IB about changes that needed to be made and they didn't change nor did Advanced markets follow up with IB to verify changes were made. Lack of supervision was major offense.

I really like their trade execution and they are well capitalized or have the minimum 20,000,000 you need now. 75% of brokers have just over minimum.

I'm on the fence with opening account also. Its Oanda, Citifx or these guys.

Back