Advices for an intermediate trader.

Thanks all but most of this are advices for novices. What about for intermediate traders like i mean.
Right! And exactly what's your definition of "intermediate Trader"?

Just like forex market don't move in a straight line, no two Forex Traders are the same as what works for one doesn't necessarily works for another. And there are Technical Traders, Fundamental Traders, and a mixture in between.....there was even an astrological Trader posting here at the FPA at one time predicting market movements based on alignment of the stars/planets.

Risk reward calculation is really important , if a trader is able to understand this mystery he can manage trading very well. I will advise to have a risk less than 1% in trading . It is a risk and you can loose your trade either win so be careful and calculate your risk if it occurs before taking higher risk. You can take risk again after closing one profitable trade so no need to take a high risk in just one trade.

Hi felow traders. If you could give just one advice for an intermediate trader what will be?
Learn how to automate your strategy. Speed is undoubtedly an advantage. After making my strategy automated and moving it closer to the servers of the broker where I trade with 5-7 ms latency I saw considerable improvement in execution quality and breakout trading.

Thanks all but most of this are advices for novices. What about for intermediate traders like i mean.
What you are saying about intermediate traders is a little confusing, because each trader has their own standard .. for example, if they are able to use the 3 to 5 trading strategy, they may already feel that they are an advanced trader ..

what I emphasize here is, every trader has their own goals, they have their own targets, what other people target, not necessarily for you and vice versa ..

do what you want to do, get what you want to achieve, when you find one of them, keep using it and keep sharpening it.

because my trendline is not your trendline, what I see may be different from yours ... prices are just numbers ..

Ok. With intermediate i mean almost 2 years of experience and doing this as a partial income but my target is to make it one of the main ones.

Ok. With intermediate i mean almost 2 years of experience and doing this as a partial income but my target is to make it one of the main ones.
Ah, I see.... 2 years!
Perhaps you are one of the best-of-the-best who succeed much faster because it normally takes around 5-10 years to be reasonably good (intermediate) in trading.
But then, like in business and professions, some never really succeed and many go bankrupt due to poor planning, weak strategies, and bad management....or plain bad luck in timing which, if there is a long term planning in place should capture expected long term market trends.

Whatever it is, treat the forex market like a business venture or an investment and you will be alright.

Back