Alert for EA

zothique

Recruit
I hope someone can help me, I am having trouble figuring out how to make my MT4 alert me when buy signal is given by an EA. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I've heard about this, we need to rent/bought service provider to make our metatrader alarm us when the EA making decision.
Have you googling??
Let's try googling first.

Of course I've tried googling. Posting on a forum is always my last resort. I've realized I had to add the function into the EA code myself. Thanks for replying.

I believe there's a setting in MT4 to tell EAs to not trade, but to just give alerts. It's been forever since I played with this, but I think you just load the EA on the chart and disable live trading.

Test it on a demo first in case I've made a mistake.

Thanks everyone,
The EA won't work without enable live trading ticked, also it wasn't even in the EA code to make sounds so no matter what the setting in MT4 it wouldn't alert with a sound. I ended up emailing the guy who wrote the EA and he changed the code for me.

Thanks.

Thanks everyone,
The EA won't work without enable live trading ticked, also it wasn't even in the EA code to make sounds so no matter what the setting in MT4 it wouldn't alert with a sound. I ended up emailing the guy who wrote the EA and he changed the code for me.

Thanks.

Have you paid or he did that out of kindness? Just interested what is the basis of post-support paid or free...

Back