1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alerts

Discussion in 'Beginners Bootcamp' started by dave alexander, Sep 29, 2009.

1. dave alexander

dave alexander Recruit

How do I create an alert

Have been trying to work out, how the alerts work on the MT4 platform. I am wanting my laptop to let me know when my EA enters a trade, can anyone help me with this?

#1 dave alexander, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  2. vans22

vans22 Private, 1st Class

:):)Hi dave alexander !

Once you choose new order , you will see the trading box , you can either choose buy or sell the ticket on the execution box , if the deal being done it would come up with a beeping noise. If the trading fail , there would be another sound for that.

Did I answer your question? I hope I did. Good luck !:D

3. dave alexander

dave alexander Recruit

Hi There,
    Thanks for your reply, but that's not quite what I was after, if I am away from my computer and the EA enters a trade I want the terminal to alert me via a noise or sound so I know it has begun to trade. Cheers

4. vans22

vans22 Private, 1st Class

welcome !

Since you paraphrased your quesion, your computer does make a sound when it enters a trade. You just have to turn the volume up.;)
    But if you areasking if something other than your laptop can alert you if it enters a trade, I think that's not possible.

#4 vans22, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  5. dave alexander

dave alexander Recruit

Fair enough, although I do remember reading on the forum yesterday of a trader whose computer made the sound of a cash register (appropriately enough) when his EA started trading via a wave file, although I can't find the thread again.