4 hour Anchor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search through my Notes and i found an audusd feb15/02/2012 set up
audusd set up 4hrs  15022012.jpg

Before
Ok looking at the 4hr chart Mr price has failed to close above the 55DMA. but yet is above the 8DMA.. according to the rules if we are below the 55DMA but above the 8DMA we are correctively Bearish.
look closely at the Multiple time frame stochastic (Yellow Line is the daily Stochastic rising on the 4hr time frame but still bearish) because it is below the 50 line meaning we are still bearish.. also notice that the 4hr stochastic ( white) is overbought, suggesting a decline down, a least for the next 3 to 4hrs
However take note the(daily yellow Line)it cascading up. so the we need to bear in mind that the swing down could be quick sharp and brief in the next 4hr hours
We now look for bearish set ups on the Hrly time frame, Below

audusd tech notes 1hr 150212.jpg

ok Above is the 1hr chart. If you look closely Mr Price has failed to close above the hrly 8DEMA. IN place we have a 4hr fractal resistance or swing high (green)which is where you will place your stops.
Here we apply the The Market maker technique which means you are the maker maker, as they are buying you are selling. Which can be quite heart throbbing and nerve racking.
Look Closely and Notice as we push down below the 55DMA on the hrly time frame so is the 4hr yellow on the hrly time frame from an overbought position confirming the trade and easing your mind.
once again The 4hr yellow is also falling or cascading down from an over-brought position. but remember we are above the 50 Line so the move can be sharp and quick. from a 4hr perspective.
( here you have two time frames in your favor) the Anchor 4hrs and the 1hrly time frame synchronizing which is what we look for.
Your target will be the 200 DMA/Bollinger bands on the hrly time frame around that 1.0650.

4hr after
audusd set up 4hrs after  15022012.jpg
hrly after
audusd set up hly after  15022012.jpg

Notice we were warned of the drop and the possible rally way in advance. which we can now position for also using the 4hr strategy.
Hope i have explained myself ok please let me know

Thanks for Taking the time and reading My Post.

Attachments

• audusd set up 4hrs  15022012.jpg
    audusd set up 4hrs 15022012.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 16
4hr Anchor Unconfirmed set up Eur/USD

Unconfirmed set up Eur/USd from the 29/01/2012 to the 2/03/2012

Ok According to the rules we are below the 8DEMA on the 4hr time frame but above the 55DMA on the 4hrs time frame this means we are correctively Bullish. untill other wise. so we trader in anticipation of a bounce .

News
Bernanke’s Testimony to the House Financial Services Committee

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 07:04 AM PST

Bernanke’s Testimony to the House
Us Expansion uneven and modest
GDP in 2012 likely to grow at pace of 2nd half 2011
Fed accounts for magnitudes of deviation from goal
Positive developments in the labor market
Inflation and Employment mandates complementary
Fall in unemployment more rapid than expected
Gas prices will temporarily push up inflation
Job market remains far from normal
Fed follows balanced approach on dual mandate
Long term expectations suggest subdued inflation
Especially important to evaluate economic data
Unemployment elevated and price outlook subdued
Critical challenges remain for eurozone

News a little mixed so we are expecting a bounce but very cautions
Before:(At the time) 29/02/2012
4hrs

eurusd set up4hr  29022012.jpg
and then

eurusd  tech notes 01022012.jpg
At the time 4hrs stochastics became over sold daily Yellow Line was flat at the 50 line. The eurusd was also below the weekly pivot @ 1.3371 but at major support @ 1.33054
are we corrective or will we continue the slid down.

1hrly view
View attachment 4950
4hrs and the hourly are both oversold . i was anticipating a rise in on the hourly time frame (stocahstics) white stochastics) and also for the 4hr yellow stochastics to follow and confirm trade above the 50 line. in the chart below
this started to take form.

View attachment 4952
The trade starts to take form as the hourly rise and the there is a shift to the postive side with 4hr yellow line ( However, trade is still not fully confirmed) This might be my 1st mistake. ( not waiting for confirmation)

eurusd set up 1hrs cross tech notes 01022012.jpg

After 1/03/2012

lets check the news

OUTLOOK FOR EUR HINGES ON GREEK BOND SWAP

The euro continued to weaken against the U.S. dollar as Wednesday’s liquidity injection by the European Central Bank hangs over the currency. Over the past week there has been one consistent message from all official agencies involved with Greece and that is all decisions hinge upon the results of the Greek bond swap. In fact, the main reason why the EUR/USD consolidated today is because is investors know that there will be no additional progress for Greece until the bond swap results are in. The European Union made it clear in their meeting today that they will be holding off on finalizing their approval for a second Greek bailout package until after the bond swap window closes March 9th. The IMF will wait to decide their contribution level when the results are out as well and this morning the International Swaps and Derivatives Association said that a credit event could still occur at a later date, which would be after the PSI. Everyone is waiting to see how many private sector bond holders voluntarily participate in the bond swap. If the swap falls short, Greece will most likely activate their collective action clauses and use legal means to force all qualifying bondholders to accept the haircut. At that time, the EUR/USD will fall and fall sharply because ISDA will be forced to re-review payout on Greek credit default swaps and if they do not authorize payments, they risk losing all credibility. However there is still a very small chance that the voluntary bond swap will be a success but the odds are very slim. Nonetheless, no one wants to take the steps that must follow a Greek default until they are absolutely sure that one has occurred and unfortunately legally requiring bond holders to accept a haircut changes the terms of the bonds and is the quintessential definition of what constitutes a default.

4hrs view

eurusd  tech notes 01022012.jpg

This morning, ISDA decided that no default insurance needs to be paid out on Greece, but this is in no way a final decision. Like the rest of Europe, they are kicking the can down the road by saying that "the situation is still evolving" and "a credit event could occur at a later date." Declaring a credit event would restore the credibility of credit default swaps but could also cause a large disruption in the markets. As a result, it is far smarter for ISDA to declare that a credit event has occurred after Greece changes the terms of the bonds because at that point, the decision will be a no brainer. In fact, the impact of their decision on the EUR/USD at the time could also be more limited as investors would immediately begin to price in a credit event once the CACs are activated. We don’t have much going on in Europe over the next 24 hours. European Leaders will continue to meet but no major announcements are expected. According to this morning’s U.S. economic reports, the manufacturing sector in the Eurozone contracted in February. Activity in Germany was revised slightly higher while activity in France was revised lower. German retail sales are due for release tomorrow along with Eurozone producer prices – a rebound is expected in both reports after dips the previous month. Better than expected GDP and PMI numbers from Switzerland failed to lend much support for the Swissie, which weakened against both the U.S. dollar and euro. We do not anticipate any significant volatility in the EUR/USD on Friday with the real test for the euro coming next week.

ok: Uncertainty in the eurusd even tho dolla index drop off that afternoo with the aussie and the gbp rallying. Odd
4hrs 01/02/2012
eurusd set up 4hrs cross 01022012.jpg

Dam eurusd drops off Not looking good..

Finially 02/03/2012

Failed Long no confimation. hrly time frame

eurusd  tech notes hrly3  02022012.jpg

As you can see from the hrly chart above the yellow 4hr line despite the attempt during the tow session american and asian yellow line 4hr stochastics did not cross over the 50 line to confirm the trade.
Becasue of the news and the uncertainty in the Euro zone my contrainain trade long was wrong. However i took a small loss and my stops were kept tight.

Mistakes
i should have waited for a cross of Mr Price rising over the 8DEMA on the 4hr time frame or the 55DMA on the hrly time frame.
Failed asian session was a cluse( Still i was not at home to exit the trade.)
a close of price beneath pervious support.
Positives
Trade was small as i only placed what i call a traker trade and stop loss tight.
paid attention to the news and sentiment
also i've notice when i start to get that feeling of hope....and thoughts like i hope this trade goes my way but doubt in my stomach exit the trade.
Trading is not hoping and willing a trade to go your way.

Last edited:
AudUSd 07/03/2012 Confirmed Trade

Lets start with the Daily being Correctively Bullish ( the only thing that worries me is that the aud has failed to rally back to the Larger medium Line so this signals a drop to the base line EMMMM!!!

audusd correectively bullish daily  07032012.jpg

Although this trade is still in its infantacy on the 4hr time.
I took advantage of the weekly Pivot support @ 1.05392 using the 4hr Anchor System
We had RBA keeping intrest rates the same @4.25
As the drop in the audusd slowed down and the dolla index peaking today @ 73.200 I took advantage
aud set up 4hrs  confirmed  07032012.jpg
A 4hr fractral at A wkly support level 1.05392
A True swing buy signal warning us of a possiable surge to the 8Dema. A close above the 8Dema @ 1.0572 which also happens to be montly s1 turn resistance @ 1.05821 a break above there
Will continue the reversal upwards
But not so fast we have unemployment rate and change due out later today so will have to waite and see.
So we are still correctively bullish on the daily (see rules above) untill 1.05821 montly pivot can be recaptured and held

aud set up 1hr  confirmed  07032012.jpg

Hrly Below
You can see Yellow 4hr confirm push above 50 while the stochastics hrly dips to the up side
4hr blue line rsi rising
volume surge not great on the hrly but i did say this trade is still young will have to want and see what happens in th e market and employment figure results draws closer
P.s i have to go down to the 5 min time frame to get entry not something i ususally do but becasuse the trade is only in its potential stage i took the chance with tight stops. presently, my stop is at break even.
aud set up 1hr  confirmed2  07032012.jpg
aud set up 4hrs  confirmed  07032012.jpg

Attachments

• aud set up 1hrs  confirmed  07032012.jpg
    aud set up 1hrs confirmed 07032012.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
All I ever wanted was for some to tell me the Truth and then I can decided what i will do with that information. Be it good :)or Bad!!!:(

What’s going on Europe has nothing to do with solving a debt crisis and everything to do with preserving a corrupt system based on limitless debt and growing government power. The sooner you understand that fact, the sooner you’ll be able to prepare for what happens next. There are two options for what happens next, and we’ll get to those shortly.

First, though, doesn’t it strike you as strange that all of Europe can be brought to its knees by tiny little Greece? Greek GDP is just 2.4% of Europe’s GDP. In economic terms, Greece doesn’t matter. Its lack of growth or economic competitiveness shouldn’t be factors that can destroy Europe’s 13-year single currency experiment. Yet, Greece obviously does matter; otherwise the European financial markets wouldn’t be celebrating the latest €130 billion bailout that’s on its way to Athens.

So here’s our question: Why do Greek finances matter to anyone outside of Greece? If you rule out the obvious things that don’t matter, that leaves everything else. Or as Sherlock Holmes was fond of saying, “when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

First, let’s see why the possible explanations for Greece’s importance to the world are actually impossible. Take the issue of debt reduction. As we wrote last week, the deal before Europe would reduce Greek debt to 120% of GDP by 2020. The IMF says that level is sustainable.

Back in a universe where common sense prevails, you can see that the plan is a joke, at least in terms of debt reduction. A plan to reduce Greek’s debt to 120% of GDP...EIGHT YEARS FROM NOW...is not a serious plan about debt. Therefore, the plan cannot be about debt reduction.

Will the plan make Greece more competitive in the long run? Well, probably not. In order to get more money by March 20th, the Greek Parliament had to agree to certain structural reforms. Some of those reforms might even be a good idea. But cutting the minimum wage isn’t going to be popular. And with Greek GDP shrinking by 7% in the fourth quarter, years of austerity won’t make Greece more competitive. The lifestyle of the Greeks will be destroyed and the debt will remain. Therefore, the plan cannot be about making Greece more competitive.

Does saving Greece save the euro? Not at all. The euro would be better off without Greece and Greece would be better off without the euro. The Germans are even planning for a euro that doesn’t include Greece. With its own currency, Greece could default, devalue, inflate and start over. Argentina did it in the last 10 years. It’s not rocket science. Therefore, saving Greece is not about saving the euro.

If saving Greece is not about saving the euro, and if it’s not about reducing Greek debt, and if it’s not about making Greece a more competitive economy...then just what IS it about? Well, now that we’ve rule out what’s impossible, let’s look at what’s left.

Saving Greece means preventing a technical default...even though Greece has already defaulted in a real-world sense. So why is avoiding a technical default so important to the European Central Bank (ECB) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF)? The current plan certainly looks like a default. Under the plan, €100 billion worth of Greek debt would disappear, thanks to a debt swap agreement with private sector investors. The ECB has twisted enough arms to get creditors to accept a 70% haircut on their current Greek debt without actually calling it a default.

And yet, bizarrely, Greece’s creditors could be forced to accept this not-a-default default losses recourse to the credit default insurance they purchased. That’s right; they might lose 70% of their capital and still be denied a payout on the default insurance they purchased. That would be like an insurance company refusing to honor a fire insurance policy because only 70% of your house burned to the ground.

It gets kind of wonky here. But really, it’s about who gets to make the rules. To you and me and everyone else in the universe where common sense prevails, a non-voluntary 70% loss on your government bonds is a default. But you and I don’t get to decide what constitutes a credit default. That honour belongs to the International Swaps Derivatives Association (ISDA). The important thing to keep in mind here is that the ISDA is a trade group made up of banks and financial firms. Those are the firms that have the most to lose if Greek bonds default. It’s in the interest of the members of the ISDA that a non-voluntary credit event in Greece NOT be called a default.

It gets even murkier here. The ISDA essentially represents the global banking system. In Europe, the banking system is full of government bonds. Those bonds are nominally assets. If Greece defaults, it sets a precedent for how other countries might deal with unsustainable debt levels. This imperils the collateral of Europe’s entire banking system.

If you want to put it in simpler terms, let’s say that Europe’s banking system is full of rotting meat. Some investors bought that meat thinking they were going to get prime rib. But they can smell the stink of the meat from a mile away. They want to be compensated for the bad meat. The ISDA, which owns the freezer in which the meat went bad, says, “Well, we’ve decided the meat isn’t bad after all. And you have less of it than you thought anyway, as of now.”

This is a crude analogy. But this is exactly what happened last week. A “determinations committee” of the ISDA ruled that Greece’s default is not a default. The committee determined that “no credit event has yet occurred” for holders of credit default protection on Greece.

You can see the basic problem: everyone else knows that if Greece defaults (officially), the value of other government bonds in Spain and Italy and Portugal will plummet too. A Greek default wouldn’t be important because of the size of the default (although French and German banks would stand to lose a fair bit). It would be important because it would begin the process of blowing up bank balance sheets all over Europe.

When you realize that the ISDA and the ECB and the EU are in league to save their financial skins, you realize that the Greek rescue plans is about preventing other countries from realizing that default is an option. In fact, it’s not even about preventing the realization. It’s about making it impossible for a country to default on its obligations...even if it means erasing the word “default” from the English language.

If the centralized European Welfare State model is to survive, banks must not take losses on their government bond holdings. Individual and private investors, on the other hand, will be forced to take losses through a “collective action clause.” This clause allows your securities to be revalued without your consent if a majority of other bondholders agree to it.

Now we’re coming to the real nuts and bolts of what’s at stake. The technocrats in Europe are at war with private investors. The members of the ISDA are in league with the technocrats to preserve their system. That part is easy to understand.

The technocrats are employed by government and get to spend your money. This system is good for them. It’s good for the members of the ISDA too. Loaning money to the government is good business. Collecting rent off the expansion of credit is easy money. They want the system to last as well. Who is the system not good for? Everybody else who’s on the outside looking in. Investors who want their capital to be productive are out of luck. And taxpayers who question the value of austerity measures and debt reduction plans that don’t really reduce debt are also out of luck. No wonder they are angry.

We’ve come a long way, then. Greece isn’t about saving Greece. The only reason something so small and insignificant could matter so much is that it matters in a way no one is willing to say. It’s about the subversion of sovereignty and democratic processes by removing decisions from people and giving them to trans-national financial elites. It’s about preserving a global system that’s based on the accumulation of debt and growing government power because there are two groups of people who benefit tremendously from that system, even if most people don’t.

This is simply the latest example of corrupt government operatives colluding with the financial elite to steal money, liberty and big chunks of “the pursuit of happiness” from “we, the people.”

Regards,:cool:

Dan Denning,
for The Daily Reckoning
posted by kasim Ijelu

Clues: The Asending triangle formation of the Pound technically is a bullish Sign. However with a few bolts that need to be nailed into the euro, we should antispate a break to the the down side.

gbpusd monthly12032012.gif

A break below 1.5300 could test the psychological level of 1.5000 level before a close below that figfure could see a test of the 1.40s

A break above the 1.6800 level which is a 50% retracement of the of the 2008 finanical crisis meltdown
could see a test of the Upper retrracement level of 61.8% just above 1.7500 the double top at 1.6800 will play a hugh role in any upside momentum in the the pound.

On the weekly chart, the Pound found support just above 1.5300 level which looks like an uneven head and shoulders formation. This a bearish indication, and a break of the supporting levels
will support an out look for a stronger dollar.
If we fail @ the support 1.5300 expect futher range trading at a rise back to the lower mids of 1.6180, the latter being the top of the ead and shoulders.

gbpusd wkly 12032012.gif

In conclusion with the bank of Engalnd supporting further QE (Quantitative easing and the International Montery Fund revising uk growth to 1.1% from 1.6%, we find it difficult to see much Upside if any
Importantly, a sovergin downgrade of the uk could be the tipping point that sends the sterling Lower.

CHINA UNCERTAINTY

See Charts Timeless Trading

Data on Friday showing solid growth in U.S. employment suggested the world's largest economy was strengthening and in less need of further monetary stimulus from the Fed, which holds its policy meeting on Tuesday.

Economic conditions elsewhere were less rosy or clear-cut.

China's trade balance data over the weekend showed the largest deficit in at least a decade, following recent reports that inflation cooled in February while retail sales and industrial output fell below forecast.

"Aside from healthy demand for industrial metals, assessment of recent Chinese data is mixed, and more figures are needed to clarify the uncertainty," Niimura said.

Mr PRICe ABOVE 50% ABD WKLY PIVIOT POINTS @ 107.80

See wkly charts
Timeless Trading

Sorry i've been away from my posting, i've been trying to perfect the system for yours truly hope this helps.. p.s these are only trade ideas
audusd 4th wave railly to sell 10.052012.jpg

With the employment data coming in good Unemployment Rate 4.9% 5.3% 5.2% and Employment Change 15.5K -5.5K 44.0K this should allow the Aussie to form a short term bottom, allowing for a possible run up to the 55DMA area which I’ve marked as a 4th wave rally if this is correct then we should position ourselves to sell this rally for another leg down in V. Notice how the 4th wave comes in exactly at the Andrews Pitch fork ML in the down trend that has persisted as a result if the Aussies interest cut.
The Daily on the MTS (multiple time frame stochastics ) is very bearish below 20 and the 4hr is rising. This suggest that a rally is in play to sell with the Daily (Yellow Line) down trend.
What we would like to see for this idea to work is for the Yellow line to stay below 30/50. A breach of 1.02270 or ML Line will cancel this trade and we will sit and wait until things become clearer

Any suggestion on how I can improve these post’s please comment
:cool:

The Creece case is not about Greece itself - it's about the perspectives of EMU.

If Greece leave the EU, then Spain, Portugal, Ireland or even Italy will follow, and the EU eventually is going to fall like a house of cards.

BTW, here is a great article stating that Spain should leave EU before the Greece.

Daily GBPUSD
gbpusd daily time frame sell set up 100612.jpg
4hrs
gbpusd 4hr time frame sell set up 100612.jpg

EURUSD
eurusd daily time frame sell set up 100612.jpg
4Hrs
eurusd daily time frame sell set up 100612.jpg

AUDUSD DAily
audusd daily  adjusted 30052012.jpg
4hrs
audusd 4hrs adjusted 30052012.jpg

The idea is only to take 4hr Anchor set ups for entries Follow on twitter Timelessfx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back