• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Alpari.co.uk

General discussions of a financial company
Important News for MT4 Users

From 1 June 2012, MetaQuotes, the provider of the MetaTrader 4 platform, will cease providing support for MT4 terminals earlier than build 416.

According to MetaQuotes, client terminals below build 416 will not be able to connect to trade servers which means that updates and trading will be disabled.

How do I know if I need to upgrade?

If you're not sure whether you need to upgrade or not, it's easy to find out which version you are using:
• Go to the "Help" menu in the MT4 toolbar
• Select "About"
• The build number is noted in the left hand side of the "About" window
• If you see a build number lower than 416, you will need to upgrade

Upgrading is simple

If you do need to upgrade, you can quickly download the latest version of Metatrader 4.

________
Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

Spring Bank Holiday & Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Bank Holiday

Please be aware that trading in the below products will be closed on 4th & 5th June 2012 due to the Spring bank holiday and the Queens Diamond Jubilee Bank Holiday being observed.

LSE – *.UK
FTSE 100 – UK100.

Normal trading hours will resume on Wednesday 6th June 2012.

________
Alexander Chadwick

4-5 June bank holiday trading hours

Dear Traders,

Please be aware that Monday, 4 June and Tuesday, 5 June 2012 are bank holidays in the UK.

Consequently, several departments at Alpari (UK) will be affected:

Dealing Desk: Fully operational Normal hours
Sales: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Client Services: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Account Opening: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Partnerships: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Back Office: Unavailable

Live chat will not be available during this period.

Normal working hours will resume on Wednesday, 6 June 2012.

________
Alexander Chadwick

Greek election on Sunday – high volatility expected in the markets

greece-elections-hp.jpg

This Sunday, on 17 June 2012, the Greek voters will yet again go to the polls, trying to elect a new parliament that would be able to form a functional government. Essentially, it’s a vote between two options: Greece staying in the eurozone, or exiting. Whatever the outcome, please be aware that we may see big gaps when the Forex markets open on Sunday night, followed by high levels of volatility.

High volatility can create trading opportunities. This is not only expected to affect the euro but also other currencies around the world, therefore it can be beneficial to keep following the markets closely. Remember, the polls open in Greece on Sunday at 4:00 GMT (5:00 BST) and close at 16:00 GMT (17:00 BST), and speculation about the outcome will begin immediately after the initial results start coming in.

High volatility also increases risks, so it’s advisable to adjust your trading strategies to compensate for the market. Please also be aware that high volatility could trigger stop orders that you may have in place. If you don’t have any stops in place, we strongly suggest you apply them to limit your potential losses. High volatility may also result in significantly wider or tighter spreads. We advise you to check your open orders and positions and take necessary precautions.

Please also take a minute to read the risk management section of the Alpari (UK) website and take advantage of our wide range of research tools.

________
Alexander Chadwick

Hey All, was hoping some of you more experienced traders could provide some feedback.

I have been playing around with demo acount for about 3.5 yrs off and on, and am finally ready to make a small investment in a live account. I am currently using a scalping EA that primarily trades during the Asian session (not Fap T). I have narrowed my choice down to Alpari UK and LiteForex.

Oviously low spreads are important, but also avoiding as much as possible the anti-scalping stuff that goes on (widening spreads during typical trading times)

Anyhow if any of you have any experience with either of these 2 brokers I would love to hear any feedback you could provide. Obviously I am also open to suggestions if any of you think that there are superior brokers out there that fit my needs, which are:

MT4, low spreads, low min deposit ($300 or less), permit scalping, fast execution etc.

Thanks all

Alpari UK may be a big company, but my experience with them made me feel like they are more a huge bucket shop. See my comments below:

Although I see many good reviews in the Review page, my encounters with them has been shocking despite that they are prompt in their response, though. I started with a small account of $7,700. It was OK initially when I suffered losses for more than half of my account with infrequent slippages and requotes. However, when I started to recoup my losses with over 90% of Win trades for several consecutive days, all hell broke loose from 31st May 2012 onwards.

There was also an incident that a Closed trade even went missing totally into thin air. The order was not displayed in my account history after closing, and my profit was also not added into my account balance. When I reported to them, they said it’s normal at first, but later came asking me for the order number. This time, I didn’t want to waste my time providing them with all the clues and facts only to hear back that everything is normal. I would, nevertheless, provide this evidence only to the relevant authority doing the investigation.

When slippages and requotes became rampant, I decided to record my live trade entries and exit in video clips as proofs.

I provided them with my MT4 platform logs, my video clips (recorded live from the screen to show every detail of the problems occurred) of each incidence with a corresponding detail report illustrating what occurred as shown in each video clip and the corresponding order number, but they repeatedly claimed that all the incidences were normal after their thorough investigation.

For every trade I was made to pay many more additional pips (as much as 5 to >10 pips per round trade) via slippages and requotes.

As I trade many orders a day, all these could add up to a very substantial amount.

Anyone interested to have a copy of my detail report and all the video clips can download from the links below :

http://www.dpherbal.com/alpari/ReportForFPA.pdf
http://www.dpherbal.com/alpari/1_Order30643544.wmv
http://www.dpherbal.com/alpari/1_Order30658677.wmv
http://www.dpherbal.com/alpari/2_Order30645479.wmv
http://www.dpherbal.com/alpari/2a_Order30659038.wmv
http://www.dpherbal.com/alpari/2b_Order30659038.wmv
http://www.dpherbal.com/alpari/3_Order30659054.wmv
http://www.dpherbal.com/alpari/4_Order30663890.wmv

If anyone wishes to view the video clips in larger screen sizes please email me at wealth007@gmail.com and I can send you separately.

From the video clips, can such occurrences really be normal or is this broker's system being programmed and calibrated to force traders into paying multiple folds more pips than the spread via unusually long period of slippages and multiple repeated requotes for both trade entries and exit???

Following are briefs of some incidences I encountered and are recorded in video clips during non-volatility period, and even during Asian open hours:

1) Slippages lasted more than a minute just to enter or exit a trade. And while the system says 'order accepted' it will prompt a requote price. If not accepted, it will continue prompting requote price. And when I chose to Cancel order, then will the order either get through, or it will again prompt a requote price.

2) Nine times of repeated failure in executing a Sell order for the GBPUSD pair during an obvious bearish move. Each time after clicking the SELL button it will popup a window to say ‘Trade Context is busy.’

3)Three times failure in executing a Sell order for the EURUSD, with similar ‘Trade Context is busy’ during an obvious bearish move. Looks like their system knows that the price is likely to move in my favor if my orders were executed, thus it refused me entry.

3) Three failed repeated attempts to Close my existing EURUSD opened position which has a floating profit. I had to close and reopen the platform twice.

4) When I clicked the SELL button for GBPUSD, Bid price was @1.53847, but requote price was asking for 1.53828 – that’s forcing me to pay 1.9 pips more when the price action was actually flat, as shown on the live chart captured in video clip.

5) Took me about one minute with multiple attempts to Close a trade in vain. It just kept requoting even after it says ‘Order is accepted.’

6) Took more than 10 secs wait after I clicked to Open a SELL trade for AUDUSD, and the order was still not executed. It was only accepted the very moment when I clicked Cancel Order (such scenario also repeatedly occurred to many other orders).

At the time when I Clicked the SELL button the Bid price was 0.96830, and when the order was executed (after I clicked the Cancel button) the Bid price shown on the right axis of the platform was 0.96852

However, the system still captured the executed Price @0.96830. So, when their system failed to lure me into waiting until the price moves lower(to my disadvantage for a SELL trade), when it executed immediately the moment I cancelled the order, the system still ripped me off by an additional 2.2 pips by capturing the entry price as 0.96830 instead of 0.96852.

7) Tried closing an order in vain. Only when I decided to click Cancel order then would the trade exit successfully.

8) Failed repeatedly to close a trade. While this time the response time was fast, but each time it responded with ‘Invalid prices.’ The very moment when I decided to click Cancel Order, it responded with ‘Order is accepted’ but immediately followed up with another popup window with a New quote. After more than 1 minute, and I could still not Close my trade!

9) Could not close an order repeatedly, but once I clicked Cancel, it immediately it prompted with a popup window to ask if I would accept a new Requote price.

In many instances, an initial good floating Profit would end up with a Loss or a reduced profit caused by the repeated hassles of Requotes and Slippages.

These occurred because I could not Close, and Price reversed, forcing me to set my Stop Loss, and I was quickly Stopped Out!!!

Other instances occurred by forcing me to execute and close trades with many pips more via long waits in slippages, and repeated requotes that lasted for a minute and longer.

Hope to receive feedback from the trader community here too, if such scenarios are really normal as claimed by Alpari-UK.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Are there anyone using Alpari UK MT4 Live account?

I would like to know...

1. Has there any problems with Alpari UK MT4 platform?

2. Does Alpari UK MT4 platform reject(not allow) indicators or Expert advisors?

3. What are the advantages and disadvantages using Alpari UK MT4 platform?

Thanks advance

Below is a report of my experience with them.

Alpari UK may be a big company, but my experience with them made me feel like they are more a huge bucket shop. See my comments below:

Although I see many good reviews in the Review page, my encounters with them has been shocking despite that they are prompt in their response, though. I started with a small account of $7,700. It was OK initially when I suffered losses for more than half of my account with infrequent slippages and requotes. However, when I started to recoup my losses with over 90% of Win trades for several consecutive days, all hell broke loose from 31st May 2012 onwards.

There was also an incident that a Closed trade even went missing totally into thin air. The order was not displayed in my account history after closing, and my profit was also not added into my account balance. When I reported to them, they said it’s normal at first, but later came asking me for the order number. This time, I didn’t want to waste my time providing them with all the clues and facts only to hear back that everything is normal. I would, nevertheless, provide this evidence only to the relevant authority doing the investigation.

When slippages and requotes became rampant, I decided to record my live trade entries and exit in video clips as proofs.

I provided them with my MT4 platform logs, my video clips (recorded live from the screen to show every detail of the problems occurred) of each incidence with a corresponding detail report illustrating what occurred as shown in each video clip and the corresponding order number, but they repeatedly claimed that all the incidences were normal after their thorough investigation.

For every trade I was made to pay many more additional pips (as much as 5 to >10 pips per round trade) via slippages and requotes.

As I trade many orders a day, all these could add up to a very substantial amount.

Anyone interested to have a copy of my detail report and all the video clips can download from the links below :

If anyone wishes to view the video clips in larger screen sizes please email me at wealth007@gmail.com and I can send you separately.

From the video clips, can such occurrences really be normal or is this broker's system being programmed and calibrated to force traders into paying multiple folds more pips than the spread via unusually long period of slippages and multiple repeated requotes for both trade entries and exit???

Following are briefs of some incidences I encountered and are recorded in video clips during non-volatility period, and even during Asian open hours:

1) Slippages lasted more than a minute just to enter or exit a trade. And while the system says 'order accepted' it will prompt a requote price. If not accepted, it will continue prompting requote price. And when I chose to Cancel order, then will the order either get through, or it will again prompt a requote price.

2) Nine times of repeated failure in executing a Sell order for the GBPUSD pair during an obvious bearish move. Each time after clicking the SELL button it will popup a window to say ‘Trade Context is busy.’

3)Three times failure in executing a Sell order for the EURUSD, with similar ‘Trade Context is busy’ during an obvious bearish move. Looks like their system knows that the price is likely to move in my favor if my orders were executed, thus it refused me entry.

3) Three failed repeated attempts to Close my existing EURUSD opened position which has a floating profit. I had to close and reopen the platform twice.

4) When I clicked the SELL button for GBPUSD, Bid price was @1.53847, but requote price was asking for 1.53828 – that’s forcing me to pay 1.9 pips more when the price action was actually flat, as shown on the live chart captured in video clip.

5) Took me about one minute with multiple attempts to Close a trade in vain. It just kept requoting even after it says ‘Order is accepted.’

6) Took more than 10 secs wait after I clicked to Open a SELL trade for AUDUSD, and the order was still not executed. It was only accepted the very moment when I clicked Cancel Order (such scenario also repeatedly occurred to many other orders).

At the time when I Clicked the SELL button the Bid price was 0.96830, and when the order was executed (after I clicked the Cancel button) the Bid price shown on the right axis of the platform was 0.96852

However, the system still captured the executed Price @0.96830. So, when their system failed to lure me into waiting until the price moves lower(to my disadvantage for a SELL trade), when it executed immediately the moment I cancelled the order, the system still ripped me off by an additional 2.2 pips by capturing the entry price as 0.96830 instead of 0.96852.

7) Tried closing an order in vain. Only when I decided to click Cancel order then would the trade exit successfully.

8) Failed repeatedly to close a trade. While this time the response time was fast, but each time it responded with ‘Invalid prices.’ The very moment when I decided to click Cancel Order, it responded with ‘Order is accepted’ but immediately followed up with another popup window with a New quote. After more than 1 minute, and I could still not Close my trade!

9) Could not close an order repeatedly, but once I clicked Cancel, it immediately it prompted with a popup window to ask if I would accept a new Requote price.

In many instances, an initial good floating Profit would end up with a Loss or a reduced profit caused by the repeated hassles of Requotes and Slippages.

These occurred because I could not Close, and Price reversed, forcing me to set my Stop Loss, and I was quickly Stopped Out!!!

Other instances occurred by forcing me to execute and close trades with many pips more via long waits in slippages, and repeated requotes that lasted for a minute and longer.

Hope to receive feedback from the trader community here too, if such scenarios are really normal as claimed by Alpari-UK.

Last edited:
Date of Post: 2009-11-16

Review: BE WAR Y OF THIS BROKER AND THEIR CRASHES.

I have only been trading with them for a short while live, today 16th of november and friday the 13th after a news releases their site has crashed, I would have made a tidy profit on both times instead I ended up breaking even on the 13th and today it cost me £350.The crash last for about 10 to fifteen minutes just enough time for your position to turn into a loss.
They have so far proved extremely scurilous in their acknowledgement that they even had a crash and have refused to compensate me even thuogh Idid phone them whilst their server was down. They have said that it could have been a connection at my end, funny the demo account I have up with them was fine, and so were acouple of other broker sites I have up for news etc all fine. DON'T SAY YOU HAVEN'T BEEN WARNED!!
even if you call them they will try and say you should have called the dealing desk..........if only they would say that at the time ! ! !

Wan, Asia

Hi wan
Is happen to me the same story . When there are the news the plattform crash. I loose 2000 eur , but he don't want to refund me .Is happen on december 04 with the news of Non farm Payroll in U.S.A. He respond to me that can happen , but the problem is not from their , but from me , my line , my pc , my platform .
I have also the account in more another broker , but i can't understand why never i have the same problem to one of the another my account on different broker. Only with Alpari and only with the real account and not with the demo .

Hi guys,

had I come to this forum earlier I would never have opened my account with them.

Last edited:
Caught in the act.
Spreads went up to 10 pip. that is 100 pip on 5decimals.

I caught them in the act too with multiple Live Screen video recordings on repeated slippages and requotes, but they still got the audacity to deny any unscrupulous manipulation activities outright.

For Stop hunting scenarios I did notice that too, but not captured on video.

Last edited:
Never never use Alpary in News times. Alpary standard accounts have a Bucketshop handling. I lost some money with Alpary and use this company never more. I had had good trades with good targets, but Alpary has the longer arm and manipulate the spread up to more than 100 pips. Never more Alpary, this is a bucket shop. And I hate the requoting, because the price running away by 10 pips slip. There nobody have a chance to get good prices.:mad:

Fully agreed with you! I caught them in the act with multiple Live Screen Video recordings, but they still got the audacity to deny outright of any manipulation. I never knew earlier that they have so many bad comments from forumners here.

Last edited:
View attachment 5203
Alpari (UK) launches the live MetaTrader 5 (MT5) platform with market depth and one-click trading. Traders can choose from 34 currency pairs plus spot gold and silver. MT5 is a completely new trading software designed by MetaQuotes Corp. and not an upgrade of the MetaTrader 4 platform.

The key benefits of MT5 trading with Alpari (UK) include:

* Non-dealing desk (NDD) execution with access to multiple liquidity providers (bank liquidity)
* Direct market access (DMA) and market depth to analyse market liquidity
* One-click trading and no re-quotes for speed of execution
* Spreads from 0 pips and up to 1:500 leverage
* New order types and advanced order expiration types including “fill or kill”

Alpari (UK) offers MT5 on the new ECN account that requires a minimum deposit of just USD200. For trades opened and closed by 1 July 2012, Alpari (UK) will charge no commission. From 2 July 2012 commission charges will apply.

With MT5 traders can apply their Expert Advisor (EA) strategies in a highly efficient way. EAs are mechanical systems that allow traders to fully automate their trading processes and analytical activities to execute trades more efficiently.

The new MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester enables traders to test and optimise EA strategies in minutes rather than hours. In order to optimise EAs, traders use historical data to find out how well a particular EA strategy would have performed in the past. This is the so-called backtesting. Many tests and strategy modifications are necessary before an EA is ready to be applied to a Live account. The Strategy Tester gives traders access to a remote computer cluster and the calculation capacity of thousands of computers all over the world to accelerate the optimisation process.

MT5 Market gives traders access to apps for the MT5 Terminal, for example technical indicators, EAs, control panels and analysis systems.

Find out more about the new ECN account, take a look at the FAQs and download MT5 to get all these benefits.

Traders beware. They don't tell you about the disadvantages of disallowing hedging. I tried doing scalping with hedging with my MT5 account with them.

When I had an opened potential Loss SELL position, during a sideway channel, I entered a BUY position to hedge, as I could then wait for the downward move to close the SELL position with Profit or a reduced loss. They opened my BUY position and instantly closed both my new BUY position and the SELL position. So, I suffered a larger loss for my SELL position and an instant loss of spread for my new BUY position.

As I have also an MT4 account operating simultaneously and opened side by side with my MT5 account, I made this same blunder multiple times in hedging on my MT5 platform erroneously, and kept suffering losses this way.

Likewise, if you have an open position, say, of a SELL trade, and you tried opening an additional SELL order, the system will instantly lump the two SELL trades into one without warning. I closed the account eventually.

So, you can hardly be profitable if you intend to do scalping and hedging. You'll also likely keep forgetting and made the same repeated mistakes as I did until you decide to close it.

With their MT4 account, I also suffered losses via their obvious system manipulation which they denied outright, despite that I caught them in the act with Live Screen video recordings. I have posted my encounters with them also in this forum with my Live video clips and a detail report. Anyone interested can also view them from the links below:

Last edited:
Back