• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Alpari.co.uk

General discussions of a financial company
Changes to trading times from 9 to 30 March

Hi everyone,

A number of trading hours are affected between 9 and 30 March 2014, due to the start of US daylight saving time (DST) on Sunday, 9 March 2014.

Please also note that our daily charts based on the New York closing prices at 22:00 GMT will be out of alignment with the New York market close (at 17:00 EST) during this time. Once European DST starts on Sunday 30 March, daily charts will again coincide with the New York market close.

Please see below for full details.

MT4/MT5

Please note that trading hours for all the following products will close at 23:00 on Friday 14, 21 and 28 March.

All times are MetaTrader server time (EET).

0MyyS8E.jpg

Currenex

All times are in GMT.

On Sunday 9, 16 and 23 March, forex, gold spot and silver spot opening times will be affected. On these days, forex will open at 21:00, while gold spot and silver spot will open at 22:00.

On Friday 14, 21 and 28 March, forex, gold spot and silver spot close times will also be affected. On these days, all three products will close at 21:00.

All opening and closing times return to normal on Sunday, 30 March 2014.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

Changes to trading times on 18 and 21 April

Hi everyone,

A number of product trading hours are affected on 18 and 21 April 2014 due to the Easter public holidays.

On 18 April all products will be closed except for forex, which will open and close at normal times.

On 21 April all products will open and close at normal times except for Carbon emissions (EUA.), UK 100 (UK100.), French 40 (FRA40.), Stoxx 50 (EUR50.) and German 30 (DE30.), which will all be closed. Also, Sugar No 11 (SB.) will open late at 14:30, but close at the normal time (20:00).

Please also note the changes shown below to our normal office hours over the Easter period:

qZ5fsdO.jpg

Both trading and office hours return to normal on Tuesday, 22 April 2014.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

Changes to trading times on 1 and 5 May

Hi everyone,

A number of trading hours are affected on 1 and 5 May 2014 due to the European May bank holidays.

On 1 May French 40 (FRA40.), Stoxx 50 (EUR50.) and German 30 (DE30.) will be closed. All other products are open as usual.

On 5 May UK 100 (UK100.) will be closed. Also, Sugar No 11 (SB.) will open late at 14:30, but will close at normal time (20:00). All other products are open as usual.

All trading hours will return to normal on 2 and 6 May respectively.

Please also note the changes to office opening hours on 5 May:
w9RPajS.jpg

Office hours will return to normal on Tuesday, 6 May 2014.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

I'm about to open access with alpari..as I want to get FRC platinum signal service but I read a lot of complains against alpari in forum so it s really bad broker?

Over 20 new MT5 currency pairs

This means you can trade 57 major and exotic pairs from the platform, with spreads starting from 0 pips and a leverage of up to 1:500.

These new pairs are available for you to trade right now on MT5 – just log into your account to get started.

You can find full details on our MT5 product and contract specs page.

________
Alexander Chadwick

Changes to trading times on 26 May

Hi everyone,

A number of trading hours are affected on 26 May 2014 due to the Memorial Day holiday in the US and Spring bank holiday in the UK.

Please view the table below for full details. All times are MetaTrader server time (EET).

Monday, 26 May 2014
GLJiCtK.jpg

All trading hours will return to normal on Tuesday 27 May.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

I have only the best impressions from trading with Alpari. They did not deviate from the agreement. Why I'm not with them now? Acorn were good till bread was found.

Changes to trading times 3-7 July

Hi everyone,

A number of trading hours are affected between 3 and 7 July due to the Independence Day holiday in the US.

Thursday 3 July

Corn (ZC.) and Soybean (ZS.) close early at 20:00, while US 500 (US500.), Wall Street 30 (US30.) and US Tech 100 (NQ100.) close early at 20:15. All other products are open as usual.

Friday 4 July

pijWtol.jpg

Monday 7 July

Corn (ZC.) and Soybean (ZS.) open late at 16:30. All other products are open as usual.

All opening and closing times return to normal on Tuesday, 8 July 2014.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

MT4 builds below 600 no longer supported

Hi everyone,

From Friday, 1 August 2014 MetaTrader 4 (MT4) builds below 600 for desktop will no longer be supported.

This means that if you are using a build below 600, you will no longer be able to trade or connect to your broker.

We highly recommend that you upgrade to the latest build of MT4 for uninterrupted trading. The new build features a completely revised MQL4 language, capable of running the latest trading apps.

How do I know what build I’m using?

To check what build of MT4 you’re using go to Help > About from the platform’s toolbar. The build number will be displayed in the bottom-left of the About window.

How do I upgrade to the latest build?

Before you upgrade, we recommend you back up your Expert Advisors, indicators, libraries, profiles and template folders to a safe location. During the upgrade your current folders will be saved to a different location and may be difficult to locate.

Please follow the below steps to back up your folders and download the latest MT4 platform build:

1. Find these folders on your PC. The below table shows where these folders are typically saved:

ZFQFgcj.jpg

2. Save these folders to your PC’s desktop.

3. Upgrade the platform to the latest build.

When you log in to MT4 you should receive an automatic prompt asking you to upgrade – click ‘Yes’ to upgrade to the latest build. Alternatively, you can download the latest build here.

Once MT4 is upgraded, you’ll need to copy your saved folders to a new location.

1. Log in to the platform and go to File > Open data folder > MQL4 folder

The MQL4 folder will show you where you need to save the folders you’ve just placed on your desktop.

Unless you have UAC settings disabled the folder location will be C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\[32 character long MT4 ID]\MQL4

2. Copy your saved folders to this location.

For example, the EA folder on your desktop will now have the following file directory: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\[32character long MT4 ID]\MQL4\Experts

Your Expert Advisors, indicators, libraries, profiles and template should now be available in your updated build.

________
Alexander Chadwick

Changes to trading times on 25 August

Some trading hours are affected on Monday 25 August due to the UK Summer bank holiday.

UK 100 is closed all day, and Sugar No 11 opens later than normal at 14:30, closing at its normal time of 20:00. All other markets are open as usual.

Both UK 100 and Sugar No 11 return to normal trading hours on Tuesday 26 August.

View our stock index and commodity CFD specs for full details.

________
Alexander Chadwick

Back