Alpari UK and Spreads

A simple answer requires a simple mind...and I happen to have just that : )

When you open a trade, Broker's spread is 3 pips difference...out of that 3 pips spread difference, Broker get a part of that, and the rest are taken by Broker's liquidator's provider (e.g Dukascopy) and God-alone-knows who else.

When you close trade, again there is 3 pips difference...and again Broker get a part of that 3 pips spread difference, Broker get a part of that, and the rest are taken by Broker's liquidator's provider (e.g Dukascopy) and God-alone-knows who else.

Either way, we Traders get screwed...and other than accepting trades that way, we either start our own Brokerage (which is not easy and darn expensive) or don't trade at all...or, as was suggested by some senior FPA member here sometime back (I think it was Pharaoh), set up shop next to a money changer at the airport to carry out currencies trading at a more competitive price.

If above don't still don't make sense, well, just bear in mind I have a simple mind;yah!

I used Alpari in 2002 - 2004 and if I remember correctly they take half when you buy/sell and half when you close. That was a very long time ago though so I am not sure at all

Back