$ and surf

lani shaw

Recruit
im new to forex i own 2 robots that dont seem to be working ivy/mega dud. i plan to make these work for me . some one is making some money i think there is a learning curve im glad to find the site ill read alot . i have 2 new computers new wireless network. and desire . i need to make more money so i can surf more.:)

I still hold steadfast to my belief that no whatsoever robots can perform a human's job.

Regards.

Last edited:
Is a human better than a robot at trading?

Humans are definitely better than robots and you're a human, right?

Regards.

I am just dipping my toes into the Forex arena.
I have had a very successful managed account, but am interested
in going it alone and am looking at various EAs -- robot.

From what I have learned so far, is humans have emotions and robots don't.

From what I've seen, a properly configured EA, just like in chess. will beat a human over and over.

Me, I like that. I know I lack the skills, focus and discipline to do well alone on the Forex. That's why I like managed accounts.

FYI: My managed account has done 75% YTD and I found out they are using hybrid software!:)

Robots lack emotions. This can be good some of the time. The problem is that there is one critical emotion that can save a lot of money - caution.

A robot won't stay out of the market, tighten stops, or reduce lot size when Bernake and Trichet are on the news doing isane things. The bot will throw caution to the wind and keep trading as if all is normal.

Design a bot that works under certain market conditions and make it smart enough to only trade under those conditions and you have a chance to make some profits. It's making it able to recognize those conditons that's the hard part.

n a previous life, I wrote Lisp and C++ code for a hedge fund. To say I had become brainwashed by the whole "machines do it better" meme would not be wrong.

To my suprise, after getting into forex and studying a bit, I find I am doing pretty good with manual trading. Now, I no longer think machines do it better, just more consistently... which can be really bad in an inconsistent market.

MM

Hey!

Robots are some of my best friends.

Okay, I admit it, they are my only friends *sniff*.

But in all fairness, I know two groups who trade and make money. I know this b/c I get to see their live account balances.

One group hires traders, then gives each trader a portion of client's account in a MAM. The belief that humans are better than robots. They make great returns. Sometimes really great.

Another group constantly researches EAs and robots. They have lots and lots of robots, giving a small portion of each client's account to each robot. They have three full time guys who just watch the robots and servers 24 hours a day. The belief that robots make better traders, and humans great watchdogs. They too make regular returns.

I know there are lots of claims, but I see these accounts from the inside, so these aren't faked or anything. These are real dollars. In some cases serious dollars, as in millions being traded this way. But these are professional traders and fund managers. The point is that there is no absolute. Robots are good, and people are good. Sometimes robots are bad, and people are bad. It's all in the management.

If you know neither the enemy, nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle. -- Excerpted from mandatory reading for every military academy officer.

Trader 5of7
Live long, and generate Alpha.

I luv Robots(EA)s that is. I have found them to be a great equalizer in a very uneven market. I cant trade 24/5 but my robot can. If it could only cook I would be heaven.:)

the learning curve is alot

trading or i should say yhe forex internet market is a little risky overseas accounts. brokers going under. click bank not returning money. always a new ea to buy and trade if any of these worked you woukld only need to sell one. 20 to 30 pips a day could make millions. there doesnt seem to be one . no one wants to prove it one a live account. or shw which broker their using restart my acc so my robot will work . turning off platforms to restart ea's. all a little shady. ill through my hat in when i see an ea or a n managed acc. that produces results instead of sales/ ofr promises. i have 2 open acc. i will open 2 more and put a balance of ea's on three and trade 1 by human/ all the emotion and disiplines. futures are fun forex will be the same . but it is a little shady.lanishaw@sbcglobal.net

im new to forex i own 2 robots that dont seem to be working ivy/mega dud. i plan to make these work for me . some one is making some money i think there is a learning curve im glad to find the site ill read alot . i have 2 new computers new wireless network. and desire . i need to make more money so i can surf more.:)

Don't depend your trade to robots:cute:

Back