Another Company the FPA is Investigating Faces Fraud Charges

attwood and james

Hi to all

I came extremely close to sending my money to attwood and james a year ago, at the time no one could tell me anything much about them, I gather they are scammers then? I've just googled them and the webb site still looks opperational.
I still havent found what i'm looking for on the investment front, i havent got the nerve or knowhow to trade forex for myself.
:confused:
Glenn. .

Excellent work by FPA

Thanks for everything FPA, it is great to see Atwood and James get their commupence!! (My money back would be even better!!!)

I know that this tread has not been active for a while, however I was contacted by Atwood & James. They were very plausible though were badly let down by what were very stupid mistakes. It is easy to say in hindsight that they were up to no good, however I always felt they were. They must have made a dozen calls to my mobile and we always had the most affable chat. I thankfully had made a decision not to invest and decided to enjoy the crack with them. At the time I was not allowed to drink and really miss the pub environment. In many ways they provided something akin to the conversation you get in a pub and I am really grateful to them for that and particularly since they were paying for the call to my mobile. So they are not all bad.

Did you read the first post in this thread?

Client money disappears via a mystery trade only shown on a Word document.

The CFTC froze the assets of the company and filed criminal charges. Seems they were lying about all sorts of things and had prior fraud convictions.

Do you really think that paying for a few phone calls to chat you up over an investment makes them "not all bad"?

I'll give you a hint. A scammer trying to talk you into investing money that he intends to steal won't act the same as a mugger on the street screaming "Give me your wallet or I'll kill you!" while waving a knife or gun in your face. Con men gain your confidence and will say anything you want to hear (even if they have to pay the long distance charges) in order to try to separate you from your money. They'll be friendly and likable - until the issue of getting your money back comes up.

...or giving you a soothing massage, telling you their life's sad story, whispering sweet-nothings into your ears...and then, after you have given them the money or signed cheque, they plunged a knife into your back.

..or worst still, especially if they think they can skin you again, they rushed you to the emergency hospital, nurse you back to health, all the time telling you how sorry they are to have knifed you, and then after they have skinned you a second time, they inject some nice poison into your IV tube so that you die smiling.

I think RahmanSL must have had some very traumatic breakups with girlfriends. :p

Did you read the first post in this thread?

Client money disappears via a mystery trade only shown on a Word document.

The CFTC froze the assets of the company and filed criminal charges. Seems they were lying about all sorts of things and had prior fraud convictions.

Do you really think that paying for a few phone calls to chat you up over an investment makes them "not all bad"?

I'll give you a hint. A scammer trying to talk you into investing money that he intends to steal won't act the same as a mugger on the street screaming "Give me your wallet or I'll kill you!" while waving a knife or gun in your face. Con men gain your confidence and will say anything you want to hear (even if they have to pay the long distance charges) in order to try to separate you from your money. They'll be friendly and likable - until the issue of getting your money back comes up.

In the past I used to spend time down the police station representing those arrested as they were interrogated. In most cases they had committed crime and some of it was very serious including murder and rape. The police don't waste their time going around arresting innocent people. There is something I learnt from the experience and that was those arrested were people. They had husbands (and wives), mothers and fathers, and some times children. Whatever they had done and however serious that it may have been, they were still people and I really rather like people.

Money is different with a fool and his money being easily separated.

I'm not saying all criminals are drooling psychopaths who lash out randomly against anyone they encounter. I'm sure the mafia has members at all levels who are very loving to their families and friends. Just remember that crime victims didn't do anything wrong (other than being too trusting in some cases) and have families too.

A con man's job is to be warm and friendly. You aren't just supposed to give him your money. You are supposed to think he's a great guy and thank him for giving you the opportunity to hand your money over. I suspect that the irony of this is something that many con men find as one of the biggest perks of the job.

Chatting you up when you were lonely wasn't him taking time out of his busy day committing crimes to be a good guy. It was his attempt to gently move your hard earned money from your wallet to his. You weren't his friend. You were nothing but a target to him. Happily for you, he didn't succeed in your case.

Back