Another Crazy One - brokers operating from hotels is A-OK. (First from Babypips, then the OP spread it around)

Unironically good traders that don't qualify in EU as professionals have little choice but to use offshore brokers. To be fair, most offshore brokers play more by the rules than regulated entities as they rely on reputation more than some bs licenses that often hold little weight as the said institution is in bed with the regulator.

I am a libertarian to the core of my soul and I think the market is good enough to self-regulate, I think you can see it clearly in Crypto derivative exchanges, the scammy ones are nowhere to be found. I do understand loosing funds to a scam is a painful process but at the same time you have a head on your shoulders, do your due diligence.

My point being, hotel, or no hotel, as someone said, he wont be surprised if half of the offshore brokers are run by teenagers in a basement, I double it and say good for them. Don't scam people and do a good service and that is all is needed.

*most established offshore brokers is what i meant to say....I think a good way to go about things is check if there is check their ToS and hw profession it is, their activity on social media, how long they have been around and most importantly, if they are cold calling its probably a scam

one thing to keep in mind with regards to the ponzi aspect is, to try to verify if the broker is 100% dealing desk. f you know what you are doing you should be easily able to verify if they have abook or not.

my response:

files.catbox.moe/izlfb4.mp3

I started to listen, but within about a minute our bad dog decided to start bragging about his drug habit. I don't care if someone wants to privately cook their brain, but I don't see any need to give such a person a platform to seek the extra attention he so obviously craves.

There are many reasons to be cautious about a broker. Leaping to extreme conclusions based on Google thinking people searching a tropical island might want a hotel isn't one of them. Blending different types of crime for no reason other than to try to draw more attention isn't one of them. Our bad dog sounds like the type of person who would say something like "That Ponzi scheming clerk mugged me like a terrorist!" after getting shortchanged for 10 cents. :D

A broker might maybe possibly become a scam someday applies to every broker in the world and proves absolutely nothing. Unregulated brokers can scam, but so have many regulated brokers. so that status alone proves absolutely nothing. Unless baddog4x has some actual facts showing that EagleFX is actively committing scam or plans to commit a scam, my personal vote would be to dump this thread.

A broker might maybe possibly become a scam someday applies to every broker in the world and proves absolutely nothing. Unregulated brokers can scam, but so have many regulated brokers. so that status alone proves absolutely nothing. Unless baddog4x has some actual facts showing that EagleFX is actively committing scam or plans to commit a scam, my personal vote would be to dump this thread.
Absolutely true, anyone remember MF Global?

I started to listen, but within about a minute our bad dog decided to start bragging about his drug habit. I don't care if someone wants to privately cook their brain, but I don't see any need to give such a person a platform to seek the extra attention he so obviously craves.

There are many reasons to be cautious about a broker. Leaping to extreme conclusions based on Google thinking people searching a tropical island might want a hotel isn't one of them. Blending different types of crime for no reason other than to try to draw more attention isn't one of them. Our bad dog sounds like the type of person who would say something like "That Ponzi scheming clerk mugged me like a terrorist!" after getting shortchanged for 10 cents. :D

I just listened to it. He has some serious mental problems. That and he's a compulsive liar.

That and he's a compulsive liar.

the forex peace army operates a "court" system.

i welcome you to bring me into this court and then you can demonstrate where i have lied.

sound like a plan?

trade2win.com/threads/i-am-a-bit-new-at-trading.240484/#post-3214744

Scam Alerts is part of the FPA Traders Court. Claims between individual traders where no funds are involved never were and never will be part of the FPA Traders Court process. The court is intended to assist traders and companies to resolve issues and to expose cases of scam involving forex trading and forex products. You should read this before attempting to create your own interpretations...

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/new-traders-court.58022/

More details of how the current version of the FPA Traders Court are here...

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/forums/fpa-traders-court-faq-and-instructions.147/

We also want you and others to be aware that Review Moderator logins block the advertisements. This is done to keep borderline cases of approve/don't approve decisions from being influenced by whether or not a company advertises. Advertising does not prevent a company from getting bad reviews or from being asked to answer questions about issues presented by its clients.

You and other FPA members are permitted to engage in spirited debate, but any such debate must be kept civil.

Your claim against EagleFX is completely unsupported for the following reasons...

1. You have made no indication of having a trading account wth EagleFX or being owed any money by them.

2. Whether EagleFX's postal address in a hotel or not does not have any bearing on how EagleFX treats its clients. Early in the history of the FPA, the entire website along with 2 other businesses were run from a coffee table in the founder's apartment. The people who complained about this the loudest worked for some brokers who didn't want potential clients to know about how they had been scamming customers. The FPA is still here. Most brokers that have earned an FPA Scam Label are long gone. Most FPA employees now use desks, but there is no company rule against working from coffee tables.

3. Last week AsstModerator clearly showed that EagleFX is in a different building than the hotel. If EagleFX later moves it's company postal address into that hotel or into a restaurant somewhere, the FPA will still only care about how EagleFX treats its clients.

4. Screenshots of your arguments in other forums are irrelevant to your claims.

5. "A broker might steal client money" is not proof that a broker will steal client money. Every company and every person in the world who handles someone else's money might steal the money. Some do. Most don't.

There is also another requirement for those filing complaints in Scam Alerts. Requests for evidence and important questions about the issue cannot be ignored if the person complaining expects the complaint to be taken seriously or to remain open. This is covered both in question #9 here...

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/traders-court-faq-other-questions.13636/

and in Rule 3 of the Resolved Issues rules here...

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/resolved-issues-rules.35224/

Twice last week AsstModerator asked you about what evidence it would take for you to consider any broker not to be a scam. So far, you haven't written a direct answer. We will repeat his questions for you...

Do you have a standard for evidence a company isn't actively scamming clients? If no evidence is enough, what possible response could EagleFX or any company give you that would make you certain that no scam is happening? Should I just save us all some time and mark every company in the reviews as a scam? If no evidence is enough, what possible response could EagleFX or any company give you that would make you certain that no scam is happening? Should I just save us all some time and mark every company in the reviews as a scam?

You still haven't set a standard for what address, country, and regulator you would find acceptable. Should I add a note to all broker review pages saying "WARNING: FPA Member baddog4x says this is probably a scam and is ready to TYPE IN ALL CAPS to prove it!"?

Please present a clear answer in this thread sometime within the next 48 hours.

Scam Alerts is part of the FPA Traders Court. Claims between individual traders

i really do appreciate that, and that is fine and dandy with me.

fyi, the truth is that i have never sued anybody, and the whole process is just a tad intimidating..

but i used to watch matlock on the tellie, and i never miss an episode of law and order.

so, here goes nothing..

(the following should be read using a snooty british accent)

I would personally like to hereby petition for the court's assistance in that i would like to be able to move about this website freely as anyone else does and that the unwarranted insults from cryptosurf should cease and desist immediately.

also, i am okay with putting your name and number on my whatsapp contact list, so that we can chat late at night about trading and other intimate topics.

let me know.

Scam Investigations Committee Note: Petition denied. You made multiple replies to our message and still haven't explained what evidence would be needed to prove that any broker isn't a scam. That's the 3rd time you were asked. Per Traders Court rules, you don't get a 4th chance to waste the FPA's time.

Back