• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Another Sure Investment Gone Amuk

I am having an issue with a company
The sad part is that some people invest large sums of money in these HYIP scams. If someone loses a couple hundred dollars, it's not that big of a deal, but some people lose tens of thousands of dollars on these.

People need to step back and think. If an investment really could pay 3% per day, why would they advertise it only on a website. If it was real, it would be all over the news. Everyone could just put in a little money and be set for life. All poverty in the world would be erased in a couple of years. The US government could put in a couple billion and solve the budget deficit.

If it sounds too good to be true, it isn't true.

Request Permission

Imoktrade looked like another safe and sure investment. The initial investment was guaranteed. The return ranged from 3.1% per day up to 5.1% per day.

For the record, the higher the return, the higher the risk. Anything paying 3.1% per day is going to be very risky. Any company offering returns this high and guaranteeing the principal has something seriously wrong. They even claimed that reeturns would be generated on weekends when markets were closed.

All of thism plus the way the website was structured pointed to one conclusion. Imoktrade is a HYIP. So far, every HYIP that the FPA has investigated has turned out to be a scam.

FPA member Natzmclean placed some money with them. She got a few small payouts for the first few days, then nothing else. There was no response to her emails, and none when Lt. Gerard tried to help her communicate with Imoktrade.

Originally, the FPA recommended caution dealing with HYIPS. Later, we recommended extreme caution. Now we would just like to recommend not placing any money with any HYIP ever.

Someday, we may go back to only recommending extreme caution. This will happen if someone can show us a HYIP with 2 or more years of consistent payouts and legitimate trading records showing how the money is earned. We don't think this will happen.

In our opinion, Imok has gone amuk. We consider it to be a scam.

Official scam finding against Imoktrade

Natzmclean's original complaint against Imoktrade

Article giving general warnings about HYIPS.

May I put this article in my blog at blogspot.com...?? i would like to warn other people out there to be careful about offer like this SCAM...

Thanks....and Keep up the Good Work FPA...you are our guardian angel in the jungle world of trading.....

Other than the current Daily Signal and Long Term Investment Pick, forum postings may be copied elsewhere. Just make sure to credit the author properly and include a link back to the original posting.

Back