• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Info Any one heard of "Professional EA" by Jacob Larson? Legit or not?

Asking questions about a company

Attraides

Recruit
I discovered a YouTube channel by a person who signs his email replies as Jacob Larson.

He has been posting outrageous daily profits with his Meta Trader 4 Electronic Advisor called Professional EA.

Has anyone had any experience using this? It seems to good to be true.

He does not use FXbook or FXblue to display any history sighting "security concerns" ?

I have asked other scam channels about this trader some have come back and suggested it is a scam and some of their traders have been duped but I cannot be sure of this.

Link to YouTube channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDVrMj5M0grnAXCF8Z07oJg/featured

I've been told it is by some trusted scam hunting sites. I've also attempted to enquire with XM who he advertises as his broker on videos. Their customer services wasn't forthcoming with anything, they did say they would pass it onto the "right department" but what does that even mean? I'm not surprised they can't reveal a lot due to privacy but it would be nice if they were able to say if the account balance reflects gains in the video or something?

YouTube unfortunately is ideal breeding ground for financial scams. Admins can turn off comments or review comments prior to posting so you can't really effectively question the producer. Further to this, try reporting anything to YouTube and getting them to remove content. I've done this a number of time with little to no avail.

I have been talking to him to buy the professional ea, but as he says in the youtube videos, the ea costs 225 $ but actually I paid 230 € and then asked to pay another 362 € because of the dollar conversion, and then I paid 592 more € for the vps that he said was for and to work as you can see in the videos, and in the last conversation I had with him after paying all that, I thought I was going to install the professional and on my mt4 account, and he surprised me with another payment of 596 € for a set that is the secret to making the result you see in the videos, I didn’t make that payment I am experiencing health problems and I can’t make this payment and I don’t know if I will receive it and I think it will be a scam, because there is already a lot of lies together

So sorry to hear this Toze, this is a typical bait tactic. You get baited into an initial purchase but then told you are required to purchase more to get the product you expected. If you have paid by credit card approach your bank as soon as possible to report that you were scammed to see if you can retrieve the funds back on the basis of fraud by the seller. I personally always try to pay by Paypal where possible as it has buyer protections in place.

unfortunately i made the payment for skrill there is no way to review this money, i just cannot understand how someone who supposedly earns fortunes from this and working, if it takes the trouble of stealing people i cannot understand

Your right, there is no way to get payment back if you use a 3rd party service like Skrill or Neteller. This is often why these vendors prefer such methods. That is not to say Skrill is bad, I use it but I use in a context that is safe. Paying someone you do not know for a product without anyway of validating if you will get something is risky. This guy claims to make a million dollars off and on again. If he was doing that, do you think he would charge very small amounts comparably out of the goodness of his heart? unlikely.

I wanted to bring this potential scam to peoples attention. Youtube appears to be very complaisant in doing anything about financial scams on its platform, why is it Google gets away with so much? is it because everyone uses their platform?

Just try to post "fake" on his You Tube public comments, it will disappear. Any negative comment there is never posted, because they are clearly manipulating their site. If one also looks at the poor English language posts by people who have perfect English sounding names, then one can already see that those are not genuine comments.

I have been talking to him to buy the professional ea, but as he says in the youtube videos, the ea costs 225 $ but actually I paid 230 € and then asked to pay another 362 € because of the dollar conversion, and then I paid 592 more € for the vps that he said was for and to work as you can see in the videos, and in the last conversation I had with him after paying all that, I thought I was going to install the professional and on my mt4 account, and he surprised me with another payment of 596 € for a set that is the secret to making the result you see in the videos, I didn’t make that payment I am experiencing health problems and I can’t make this payment and I don’t know if I will receive it and I think it will be a scam, because there is already a lot of lies together
I am a victim of the same guy. Same for same. He didn't change a thing. His technique is the same.

Back