Ponzi Scheme Anybody heard of TIRN www.mytirn.com ?

Guaranteed profits become guaranteed losses.
So you would expect them to post something negative on their site?

If you've got $1000 you can definitely live without and just can't withstand the temptation, then I can't stop you.

If you are thinking about putting your life savings into this, then step back, take a moment to consider all the people you've read about in these forums who lost their life savings, and then do some REAL research. If you can't do it yourself, spend a thousand or two to hire a professional to do it for you. If you lose your money because you believe what you read on a website without truly checking it out, you have only yourself to blame.

BTW - If you really think someone would be advertising an opportunity with a realistic chance of turning $1000 into $1,000,000 within 5 years without taking HUGE risks with the money, I've got a deal on some wonderful swampland in Florida for you.
:p

TIRN

Any recent info on TIRN Investment Club?

I have invested in TIRN and am working on getting my Debit Card situated. I made my first funds load/transfer to the card but made the mistake of not activating the card first. This mistake caused a delay in the transfer of funds but was a mistake on my part. The confusion was due to the card company being a separate company (Anres Technologies Corporation) not actually TIRN.
I have sent all required info to Anres and I have received an email from them stating that my card has been activated. As of today I have had no problem contacting Anres, the card issuing company, and have had very quick responses via email from the Anres Support staff. My only issue I had with Anres is that there was a lot of background chatter during our phone conversation which in my opinion was a bit unprofessional. In my TIRN back office I show that my funds load to my debit card is still pending, more than likely due to the card activation issue. I should have everything ironed out by Monday and will post an update after the weekend.

Without Question

directors were recently in my country; asked for some discrete activities so to get closeer did as asked. during the evening confirmed ponzi/mlm (alchohol makes em all talk); take it for what it's worth...

I've been going to some of the meetings in the Orlando area. David Merrick is from here and is the one that started the company. From talking to people that know him well, say he would never do anything to defraud anyone. I have met people that have made some money and to be honest, I invested in the company myself and have made some money. I also spoke with some people that were pulling money out of the company with no problems. Last week 8/06/09 the meeting was held at a friends Organic Shop in Kissimmee, Fl. Tonight the meeting was held in Orlando at a hotel. The minimum investment is 1000 euros which was done in May. There are 26000 investors in TIRN and only 2700 from the US. They are talking about cutting US applicants off. They also recently purchased a gold mine and will start mining soon. Foreign currency trading is nothing new. If you look on some of the major banks web sites, they are offering some high yield options which are FOREX, although you won't get the returns that TIRN is offering. So far I think it's a good setup. Like anything, it could take a fall. Look at the banks and AIG. I also saw the secure companies like GM and Chrysler take a dive. Where is your money there? Investing is about taking a risk. You either do it, or you don't. If you would like to browse the web site, here it is.
:: TIRN ::

here are some of the returns.

Interest Chart -July
Amount Invested Unlocked Rate Earned Locked Rate Earned

€500.0 - €999.0 4.20% 5.20%
€1000.0 - €3999.0 5.70% 6.70%
€4000.0 - €9999.0 9.80% 10.80%
€10000.0 - €24999.0 11.40% 12.40%
€25000.0 - €49999.0 14.20% 15.20%
€50000.0 - € 17.10% 18.10%

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been going to some of the meetings in the Orlando area. David Merrick is from here and is the one that started the company. From talking to people that know him well, say he would never do anything to defraud anyone.

Sounds exactly like what people said about the guys behind CRE Capital Corporation - the same guys who are up on charges of running a Ponzi.

I have met people that have made some money and to be honest, I invested in the company myself and have made some money. I also spoke with some people that were pulling money out of the company with no problems.

A properly run Ponzi will make early profits and withdrawals easy. The warning signs are returns that are too good to be true, lack of verifiable sources of these returns, and everything being based on trust.

"Trust, but verify." - Ronald W. Reagan

Last week 8/06/09 the meeting was held at a friends Organic Shop in Kissimmee, Fl. Tonight the meeting was held in Orlando at a hotel.

Meetings in shops, restaurants, and hotels. Great place for slick sales presentations with lots of PowerPoint slides about the great profits with little or no mention of any chance of losses, right?

The minimum investment is 1000 euros which was done in May. There are 26000 investors in TIRN and only 2700 from the US. They are talking about cutting US applicants off.

RED ALERT!!!!

"Hurry up and give us your money now, since your money won't be good enough for us very soon." - that's one of the oldest and sleaziest tricks in the book of any salesman. It's not used by ethical financial consultants.

So, they are holding all these meetings in the USA to tell us they don't want any more American money, only money from Europeans. That makes perfect sense - if you smoke enough crack first.

They also recently purchased a gold mine and will start mining soon. Foreign currency trading is nothing new. If you look on some of the major banks web sites, they are offering some high yield options which are FOREX, although you won't get the returns that TIRN is offering.

Great. Any REAL info on the gold mine? Any REAL proof of returns from REAL trading? Is there a known broker you can call to verify the statements (assuming they bother to show statements)?

If not, I've got a great investment in a bridge in Brooklyn for you. Give me a couple of minutes and I'll print up the title for you.

So far I think it's a good setup. Like anything, it could take a fall. Look at the banks and AIG. I also saw the secure companies like GM and Chrysler take a dive.

The US taxpayer is bailing out the banks and car companies. If this is what it looks like, you'll be sitting around with all of Bernie Madoff's former clients wondering why you aren't getting bailed out.

BTW - Your comparison is pointless. It doesn't matter if the banks or car companies are making or losing a fortune. It matters if this company you are pushing is really make money through real investments or only through new investors coming in. So far, everything I've seen here points to the 2nd option

Where is your money there? Investing is about taking a risk. You either do it, or you don't. If you would like to browse the web site, here it is.
:: TIRN ::

You stuck an affiliate quote in a posting here!?! ROTFLMAO!!!! You actually had the balls to try to recruit a downline inside the FPA's Scam Alerts Folder?

So, what kind of kickback do you get when someone jumps in via your affiliate link?

here are some of the returns.

Interest Chart -July
Amount Invested Unlocked Rate Earned Locked Rate Earned

€500.0 - €999.0 4.20% 5.20%
€1000.0 - €3999.0 5.70% 6.70%
€4000.0 - €9999.0 9.80% 10.80%
€10000.0 - €24999.0 11.40% 12.40%
€25000.0 - €49999.0 14.20% 15.20%
€50000.0 - € 17.10% 18.10%

RED ALERT!!!!

Exorbitantly unsustainable monthly rates of return that go up 300-400% above the lowest rate as you place larger and larger sums at risk. Combine this with the affiliate program and you are describing a classic HYIP-style scam in the making.

Read this and tell me why this mytirn thing is anything but a Ponzi scam of one sort or another:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...959-ponzi-schemes-hyips-free-money-traps.html

Prove me wrong. Post some read-only access to LIVE accounts these people are trading that show these rates of return sustained for 6 months or more. Since they claim to have so many investors dropping at least 1000 Euros each, I'd like to see an account with a minimum equity of 1 million Euros in the account. This would be a small fraction of their alleged investment base, so should not present a problem - if they are legit.

If such evidence cannot be presented, I see no reason why this shouldn't be reported to the authorities immediately.

Last edited:
Thanks

Gee guy, I appreciate all the red flags. They are pretty. BTW, sorry about the link, it's the only one I have on my favorites list.
I was responding to a post I happened upon and thought the small amount of information may be helpful. I have to agree there are a lot of scams out there, so yes there is a boogie man. BEWARE! So with that said, when you go into TIRNs site, the first page that pops up is this huge disclaimer/warning that there is a chance that you will lose all of your money and DO NOT INVEST if you do not have it to lose. Not one, but all of the people that I have spoken to at one of these meetings have told me the same thing. More than half of the people there have been doing FOREX investing for years and is simply a way to put more money in their pockets. YES YOU CAN LOSE IT ALL by either being a scam or just bad trading. TIRN is a fairly new company, 18 mo or so. Just happens to have a lot of young hotshots and a good software and are trying to prove something like most young people will do. Why not make some money with them? I will post a link to many FOREX companies that are making some of the same claims. Are they all PONZI schemes. If they are someone is going to be busy taking them all down.
It is a pleasure to share info with you. I mean no harm, just telling you what I understand to be the truth.
hcooc check out the link MaxHYIP Monitor - High Yield Investment Programs - HYIP Forex Offshore Invest Gold

P.S. Please read the disclaimer at the top of the page.

Last edited:
Thanks

While I appreciate the privilege to post on this site and share what I know about TIRN, I find that my URLs are changing to another link on this site. I was just trying to point out another site that monitors FOREX trading. There are many. Are they all scams? I don't think so. I will try again.

Just change the letters in your browser
hxxp://www.maxhyip.com

Hcooc, so we're supposed to trust a HYIP rating site? Assuming it's not directly run by the HYIPS, it's just a way to find out which ones decided to grab all the money and run after it happens. Some people lose their life savings with this. Are you really willing to trust your family's life savings on the basis of a HYIP rating site saying a HYIP hasn't gotten around to absconding with all the money yet?

So what if this HYIP/Ponzi has a disclaimer. That doesn't absolve them of offering impossible return rates to gain new customers. The burden of proof is always on the owners of any money management service. They need to show REAL account statements. Anything less is an obvious sign of scam, even of the rate of return seems reasonable.

HYIPS and other Ponzis inevitably fail. When they do, they take a lot of money with them. Trying to play games and pull a little out at the beginning is just helping to get a criminal enterprise up and running.

You want return rates like a HYIP claims? Why don't you just invest your money with drug smugglers? They could even have a disclaimer warning that if they are busted, all your money is gone. Do you find this comparison ridiculous? At least there is a chance that smugglers really would be using your money in the way claimed. Either way, you are placing your money with criminals and enabling them to commit more crimes. Either way, you hope to benefit from the actions of crime.

Provide proof that they really trade forex and make these returns or admit that this is just another HYIP/Ponzi scam that will fail sooner or later and stop trying to recruit more victims.

Good points

Pharaoh, you make some good points. I will do some digging into this company and see if I can get a couple of the honchos to get me some more info on this company. If you would, please provide a list of questions I should ask at one of the meetings. I'm not afraid to step on some toes if I can get at the truth. I'm not here to argue with anyone. I would just like to know how we can trust any one of the companies out there. I know there is a lot of money to be made trading. If this company is legit, or not, I want to know about it.
Thanks
hcooc

Back