Ponzi Scheme Anybody heard of TIRN www.mytirn.com ?

Guaranteed profits become guaranteed losses.
Hows and whys of getting suckered.

I'm trying to do a reprint of advise Cyclon gave about the hows and whys of getting suckered.
here goes.

Cyclon
Sergeant Posts: 270

We all thought that. - 09-22-2009, 11:58 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Alyea
The question I have to ask is how did you choose [that particular choice] in the 1st place? What was the draw or benifit, so I don't get caught like that?

I ask you Sir. What is the most common way people get drawn into a bad [particular choice]?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cyclon (posted)

I edited the [choice] item from the quote because it really is universal.

Short Answer: Fantasies

Progression:
1) We get attracted by something due to carrying around latent desires.
2) It captures our attention long enough so that we WANT to let our guard down.
3) We convince ourselves that the benefit outweighs the cost/risk.
4) We reason that the way the advertisement has made us feel about the product/service is how we will feel once we obtain it.
5) We negate ALL cautionary input from the pesky 'other' half of the brain.
6) In complimentary fashion we re-route everything that supports the fantasy into logical reasoning so that it appears to be coming from that pesky 'other' half of the brain. THEN we can believe it.
7) We succumb. Lord help us all.

You state that you are not a gambler and that, "You'd think I'd learn", but we really should all admit it and face facts that we are ALL gamblers and ONLY learn the hard way.

With an arrangement like I outlined above in which our own desires for benefit and advantage can and do thwart our own protection circuits, it is no small wonder how the cautious nature we want to think we have breaks down.

One alternative is to make all buying decisions by commitee which insures nothing will ever get accomplished (or a coup will occur and the decision will go the fantasy route anyway). In this FPA plays a valid role and a useful one too but of course this is sometimes compromised despite their excellent efforts to moderate. I am repeatedly asked about brokers and the phrase "the reviews are contradictory" echoes once again.

Another way is to simply sit it out and see how you feel another day.

I think that might be a tad flawed since it relies on the desires being lessened on some other day but it might help.

Discipline is the only way in my opinion but don't expect to be perfect.

You are human. Enjoy the gift and the journey.

Cheers,
Cyclon

Backed By Gold ?????

Hat's off to Pharaoh and others involved for their utmost participation in burning down the house and putting these scum bags where they belong.

I Got It.

before yesterday, OCT 17/09 I though my money with TIRN was safe....I
was unaware of ALL THAT MESS GOING ON IN TIRN.COM .
Person who refereed to TIRN still telling me to be confident about my money is in a safe place ( oops >) .

Thank you FPA for your EXCELLENT WORK done investigating these HYP ., that some of them still alive whit what they promised .

BTW, Pharaoh, trading forex it IS doable to get returns of 22% a month.. on small to moderate sized accounts..but once getting in the higher numbers, traders tend to lower their risk and also the returns, percentage wize, get lower...

22% or more in a month is possible. What's impossible is doing it consistently each and every month while building up a balance that could pay off the US national debt.
;)

take it easy to start

Don't worry about 22% a month, just go for something more doable. Even 2% a month is good, just do it consistently, that is the key!!! 2% a month is 24% a year before compounding, that beats many big managed fx and futures funds, and beats the hell out of a money market account. It is important when you start out not to overwhelm yourself, because your brain will simply reject it. Even if you can make 5 pips a day, and do it each and every day like clockwork you will go far in trading. Your brain is alot more likely to be able to accept the challenge to 5-20 pips a day...so go for that. Sorry you only got 35% of your 12DailyPro funds. I was glad to have found a template for invoking a chargeback thru my credit card on StormPay. The template was posted on the talkgold forum, so I didn't have to do much work. If I had funded thru EGold or other payment processor andhad not used my credit card I would not have been so lucky. The only good thing about autosurf was this is how I found out about forex trading, so there was still a benefit. I got paid a few times with small amounts. I had alot of risk capital so went big and put $6k into it, this is exactly the time the whole thing started to break up. I was horrified about loosing that much, although it was a small amount of my total risk capital. Glad I got it all back, it would have been a hard loss to stomach. Good luck learning forex, I can suggest picking up Robert Miner's "High probability Trading Strategies". It has a good easy and profitable strategy that works on all markets and timeframes.

mytirn have changed tact !!

A friend of mine who had introduced me to tirn now tells me that the new website for the company is pmreturns.com and all the old accounts were transferred to this new site. The old site is unoperational now.

Let people be aware of this development as it seems they changed tact when they realised the authoroties are on their necks.

Kindly check for us this new developments to avoid others being scammed.

Thanks for the good work.

Last edited:
bummer to hear there was another scam out there that lured people out of their money. it's just so hard now-a-days with so many americans being in a desperate need for income. i hope future investors will learn from others mistakes without falling victim to these scammers. i know i will be watching my money carefully!

A friend of mine who had introduced me to tirn now tells me that the new website for the company is pmreturn.com and all the old accounts were transferred to this new site. The old site is unoperational now.

I think that's pmreturns.com

Back