Ponzi Scheme Anybody heard of TIRN www.mytirn.com ?

Guaranteed profits become guaranteed losses.
You know, when I first joined FPA, I chuckled at the military framework. Now that I have gotten serious about trading, I see we really are in a battle zone, complete with landmines, snipers, boobytraps, etc. And that is aside from the perils of actually trading! This has become my go-to site every morning before trading, and the place where I check in throughout the day to gather bits of info, seek advice, or otherwise contribute to this great community!

A special thank you to Master Sgt. Pharaoh. Your diligence and passion have saved many of us a lot of heart ache!

All the Best!
Ron

Totally agreed with your assessment.

What puzzles me is that to put a show together like they do-with offices in various places/back up teams/office set ups /stories etc takes a certain amount of brains. If these same jokers would use those brains to make money honestly they probably would do very well- It all sounds a bit like 'Ocean 11/13?' movie, the thrill of the sting appears to be bigger then the actual money, and most end up getting caught and go to jail.
Sir Pharaoh - i take my little hat of to you - your wisdom - skills- tenacity - and good heart are saving heaps of ignoramouses like me.
You are worth your weight in gold. :cool:

Sir Pharaoh - i take my little hat of to you - your wisdom - skills- tenacity - and good heart are saving heaps of ignoramouses like me.
You are worth your weight in gold. :cool:

I guess I should try to gain some weight to increase my value. :p

then you probably are part of the scam mechanism

:confused: Who's part of what scam mechanism? :confused:

I see some people pushing TIRN and later the baby TIRNS earlier in this thread, but all recent posts look legitimate.

"However, TIRN’s track record is stunning. How do they do it?"

Maybe they got a good offer on their domain name ?

MYTIRN.COM "This domain name may be available for purchase!" ;)

I might be a new member of ForexPeaceArmy because I just registered the past week but am a long follower and reader of FPA forums.
Each time I wanted to deal with a new company, I came here to FPA to check the reviews and any possible Scam about it.
I'll try to be more active on those forums from now on to share my experience with many companies I deal with.
About the "mytirn" Scam Company Case, to be honest, after reading "Pharaoh" old first posts about this company "covered by red flags" then saw many members defending it for different reasons that looked too much right(maybe to be true!), for a second I said to myself, might "Pharaoh" got it wrong this time or used more emotions than logical facts had shown!?
After that, as posts continued..I was astonished that once again "Pharaoh" instinct I name it or experience dealing with many companies and cases turned to become right at the end. As if "Pharaoh" have the high sense of smell(sorry for the description) from the start of the case toward such Scam Companies.

A Big Congratulations "Pharaoh" for the continuing Great Work that I had the share of too(in short time), will update my case later in soon time in order not to effect the process it's passing through, as things are positively in progress, hopefully!

Can anyone loan this guy $22 million? :)

Looks like David Merrick's legals woes aren't quite over. If he ever gets out of prison, he needs to find $22 million dollars. :)

Federal Court in Florida Imposes over $22.8 Million in a Monetary Sanction and Restitution against Floridian David Merrick and His Company, Trader?s International Return Network

February 4, 2013

Federal Court in Florida Imposes over $22.8 Million in a Monetary Sanction and Restitution against Floridian David Merrick and His Company, Trader’s International Return Network

In a parallel criminal action, Merrick was convicted on fraud charges and sentenced to 97 months imprisonment

Washington, DC – The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) today announced that Judge Charlene Edwards Honeywell of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida entered an order requiring defendants David Merrick, previously of Apopka, Fla., and his company, Trader’s International Return Network (TIRN), to jointly pay a civil monetary penalty of over $11.4 million for fraud in connection with a foreign currency trading program that victimized more than 700 customers. The order also requires TIRN, a Panamanian corporation, to pay restitution of $11,437,573 to defrauded customers.

The CFTC order, entered on January 22, 2013, stems from a complaint filed by the CFTC in 2009, charging the defendants with solicitation fraud and misappropriation of customer funds involving at least $22.5 million. The complaint alleged that the defendants provided customers and prospective customers with written and/or electronic documents that contained materially false and misleading statements and omissions regarding the actual investment of customer funds, the risks of trading, and profits achieved (see CFTC Press Release 5733-09, October 15, 2009).

The court previously entered consent orders of permanent injunction against Merrick on April 22, 2010 and TIRN on September 8, 2010, finding that they violated the anti-fraud provisions of the Commodity Exchange Act, as charged. Both orders reserved the issue of monetary sanctions for future order.

In a related criminal case, United States v. David Merrick, No. 10-cr-00109-MSS-DAB (M.D. Fla.), on January 19, 2012, Merrick was found guilty of one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud, money laundering, and securities fraud and one count of money laundering. He was sentenced to 97 months imprisonment and ordered to pay $11,437,573.15 in restitution to 735 customer-victims.

The CFTC thanks the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Securities and Exchange Commission for their assistance in this matter.

CFTC staff members are responsible for the action are William P. Janulis, Barry R. Blankfield, Scott Williamson, Rosemary Hollinger, and Richard B. Wagner.

Back