• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Info Are these recovery companies legit or not?

Asking questions about a company
Adela,have you recover your money??? I loose 15k by scam this week!!! Can you suggest me something?
No Mikele, I have trying with different recovery company but every body ask for upfront money and I am willing to pay.
I have reported them to all the authority but they are not helping money to recover the money so far.

I have approached this company for a recovery, they showed me an exchange called pytexhange and asking me to deposit money into that account.
what's pytexchange? i cannot find anything in google.

Speaking of not being able to find it on Google, I found this on Google:

Both current answers say that Pytexchange.com is a scam.

Lets look deeper:

Whois shows that DualCoinRecovery.tech was created on 2020-06-14 and is currently hosted on IP 68.65.123.130

So the site is less than 6 weeks old, yet it claims to have completed 130K active projects. ;)

When I go to dualcoinrecovery.tech/testimonial/comment-page-5/#comments I see comments in May of 2020 - before the site existed. Why do I doubt those comments.

The page footers show the logo of the US Federal Trade Commission. If you think this somehow really represents an FTC endorsement, go to ftc.gov/contact and ask them about Dual Coin Recovery. Make sure to report back about what they say.

As for PytExchange.com, whois shows it was created on 2020-06-17 (3 days after DualCoinRecovery.tech) and is currently hosted on IP 68.65.123.130 which in the exact same IP as DualCoinRecovery.tech. What an AMAZING coincidence. :D

I checked 2 of the images on the testimonials. Both turned out to be used on multiple other sites with no connection to the names given on the testimonials. One claims to have sold over 800 BTC on Pyt Exchange as well as to have brought in and helped over 800 newbies - all in under 6 weeks. ;)

These people want you to trust them with buying and selling cryptocurrencies, but haven't bothered to even share a postal address. There's not even a corporate registration listed. They claim to abide by Know Your Customer rules, but don't give the slightest hint about who they are.

I suggest avoiding both of these websites.

Why do you keep asking about recovery services? Considering over 99% of them are nothing but recovery room scams, you're just wasting time and likely to get scammed again if you continue down this path. Instead, get a thread opened in Scam Alerts about how you were scammed. That should get you advice about where to report the issue.

Thanks for your response. You would have noticed your advice is viewed by a lot of people who shall learn about this Scammer. your advice is much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Recover my coins is a crypto recovery firm functioning with lawyers and detectives with success rate of 95%
i have reached out to them last week but they have not responded. No contact number on their webpage to call
There are no bad/good reviews in google and not much information found about the crew other than what they have posted on their website.
There are huge list of awards they seem to have received as appearing on their website.
Kindly advice.
Thanks

I am talking to them, still i have not paid money yet as they are seeking money upfront like any other chargeback.
They have a contact number and also by looking at the reviews they seem to be a genuine one not a SCAM
Hence i want everyone to be benefitted.

Funds Recovery (Money Back LTD)
Licensed dealer: 515711653
Ben Gurion 38 Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv, Israel
Tel: AU 61386521285 US 16468447451 UK 442039362822
Fax: 02039668747
support@funds-recovery.com

Will a scam site ever claim they aren't good at recoveries?

The easiest recovery is a credit card chargeback. Even clear cut cases with tons of evidence come down to which employee in the issuing bank handles the case. If you submitted 100 identical complaints with perfect evidence to 100 different people at the same bank, you would not get a 95% recovery rate.

Coins can be traced - until someone exchanges them for cash or different coins. There's no legal way to get them back and 99.999% of the "hackers" are only interested in hacking into your trust so they can collect a fee from you. If you don't die of old age before finding a hacker who doesn't plan to rip you off, you would still be engaging a criminal to work for you. If that person ever gets caught, they'll happily turn over the name of everyone they worked for (including YOU) in order to get a lighter sentence.

Stop wasting your time on these. Get a thread opened in Scam Alerts and give details of how you were scammed in the first place.

Back