• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Apiary Investment Fund - Too good to be true??

I am having an issue with a company
Hi, all. Wanted to investigate Apiary Fund and found this thread. Joined FPA just so I can ask this question! ... There was an older gentleman on here earlier, TI, who seemed to have been very active in the community and was supposedly checking this company out. Whatever became of his critique? What was his final verdict on this company?

Thanks, all.

You talked about this with their customer care yet?
What would be the point of doing so? Someone from the fund follows up with a phone call after you join.
That is when the offer (up sell) of additional training is made. I'm not accusing The Apiary Fund of being a scam,
as I have no way of knowing that. But the constant up selling is disconcerting. Before the partner training offer
I was offered 2 other trainings, Trader Professional ($697) or Trader Live ($497). I declined both, but was then offered
a scholarship to Trader Live, which gives access to their live webinars, where you may ask questions. I accepted that. The webinars are archived
and available whether or not you have signed up for Trader Live. Trader Professional is supposed to help with operating
your trading as a business, in addition to what you would receive in Trader Live. Regarding the partner training, I was told that
only a few slots were available as their traders had limited time to take from their own trading to mentor a student.
I guess that I was one of the lucky ones to whom the training was offered. I declined the offer.
I offered to pay on a monthly basis (with the option to quit if I didn't think it was working for me) instead of paying in full up front.
They declined my offer. The Apiary Fund does have extensive metrics on the trading done in your demo account, as would be logical.
However, when I asked about how many people had taken the training and the success rate of people who had taken either the $2450 or $3900 (actually $3964) training, they had no figures. Seemed strange that they wouldn't have that. Having said that, the fund is up front about what it takes to be funded,
and that you don't have to use their platform and demo account to be considered for funding.

Hi Everyone,

Just joined FPA right now as I was searching more info on Apiary Fund and found this topic.

I joined Apiary this week payed the $97 join fee and it has a $97/monthly fee. I have been learning Forex by myself since September last year and, to be honest, am enjoying their course material. I like how they "gamefied" the learning process and created Bronze/Silver/Gold levels. My first call with them will be in two days and, I am expecting some selling to be done from their part, which I will definitely decline. But indeed I am interested in getting funded and will work towards that.
Yes, it does look too good to be true. And I am giving it a go.

I will keep this topic posted with my progress.

Cheers, Felipe

Thanks
Whoa, I am glad I missed this thread when researching Apiary else me and my husband Allen (we trade together) probably would not have joined. Apiary has been one of the best things that has happened to our trading.

We have been with Apiary since September 2014. After working through their education, live classes and our trading, we earned a Level I funded account of $2,500.00 on February 3, 2015 (roughly 4 and 1/2 months). A Level I funded trader earns 60% of the profits.

Thanks for sharing . I am also glad I have not found this thread before joining Apiary. I've been with them for only a week, so too early to say... But I am positive about it.
I went to a trading session with a different company (from the UK) and at the end of the session they offered us a 12 months course for 25 thousand AUD and the way the approached the whole thing was just despicable. I can definitely afford 97 dollars per month to put towards my education, but 25 grand is a bloody joke.

Just trying to bump this thread and see if anyone who has tried Apiary has any additional thoughts on it...

I ask because : BigT1 was last seen: Jul 27, 2015 ;

I do hope he is ok, but right now I feel like I was watching a streaming movie and the internet went down...and I am interested in seeing what Apiary has to offer.

GraggV I am still trying it, been with them just over now, the monthly fee is less than $97 now, I have been funded with them since November, and they did as agreed & sent profits I earned.
I like as it evidenced by the fact I still am with them, I already thought I knew everything but they taught me quite a few things, what they helped me with most was my risk management, which has helped me a lot in the long term. They offer a great training program, the staff is very experienced, and if you are disciplined and have the time to learn, they can teach you to trade or how to be a better trader. But by far learning good risk management has been priceless for me! I am going to stay with them, as I just got a funding level increase, and they always pay as agreed.
the only trouble is (which isn't really trouble) you have to make a profit in your account to get paid, so there have been a couple months where I didn't make a profit so I didn't get paid; but, I take responsibility for my own trading. And since they don't tell you what to trade or force you to trade any certain way, how much you make or lose is up to you! and learning professional risk management and acting upon it, is really the only way to make a profit long term. You win some and you lose some, and they taught that the most important thing for me is to limit my losses.
Typically I was trading 4 days making a profit and then giving most all of it back on friday. They have taught me how to be a better trader. I think the advantage @ apiary is for new traders, because its like a crash course and you can learn at your own pace, and go as fast of as slow as you want. I also have a forum thread over there were I post charts and trade setups and trading tips
apiaryfund.com/forum/gbpjpy?page=19#comment-75056

Key words being: "I went to a trading session with a different company (from the UK) and at the end of the session they offered us a 12 months course for 25 thousand AUD"

Apiary isn't offering anything like that.

I am relatively new to this site and was linked here by checking into a dif company but IT grows so tiresome of this 97$ up front charge. I will state up front i am in the trading business and have run over 35 Emini traders but never once charged them(currently run FX aglos for EURUSD and USDJPY - and don't charge to try your metal) I run algo trading systems and give guys a shot to work within the systems because the systems are proven paths to long term success. This sign up and pay and then get a stupid crazy restricted account is the worst and our business continues to breed new parasitic ideas

Back