Apple Investment Company - Fx Calibre

Nerdie, did you notice it's possible to leave comments on that article at InvestingAustralia?

Apple Investment Company receive AFSL | Investing Australia

Perhaps a short form of your grievances, plus a link back to this thread? :D

Anyone else who has an issue with Apple Investment Co might also want to post there.
Good idea, Pharoah. Shall do.

I found it in other places too. I looked up who originated the site.

I suspect it might be:
a. Someone trying to discredit AIC
b. Someone trying to promote AIC (it's borrowed some content from other postings)
b. Someone trying to make money snatching articles from other places that they know get good ratings for SEO

Anyway, let's give Mr Ted Smith and his readers an education - FPA style LOL :)

:nerd:

Further on AIC investigations - can FPA help please?

I've lodged a complaint about the Apple Forex Calibre FXCM issues with IC3. IC3's complaint form felt more "friendly" than the ones I had been doing for the Australian regulators. It was also much more tech oriented.

How effective have FPA found them to be?

I also wrote to them about the victims of crime aspect. I got the impression that they would know what I meant.

From a psychological perspective I think a lot of people would like an explanation for what went wrong so they can put it to bed, even without a refund. This is "closure" and is part of the debrief for any victim of crime or trauma for their own self-esteem, whether they are aware of it or not. The absence of closure for rational adults can be very unsettling. Being scammed shakes our trust. Being blamed adds insult to injury. This is the basis for many a damages claim.

I'm hoping IC3 will be able to assist with more information (don't know if that's what they do) about their research on Fx Calibre software and FXCM.

I'm also going to send them the links to this site information - unless you think that's not a good idea?

What I need is all the regulators to understand that just because there are only a few people able to get through the paperwork and lodge complaints doesn't mean we're the only people with issues with AIC.

I've also passed on more information to both ASIC and FOS about the Gibraltar case, FXCM, etc. And a light dusting up about the SLOWNESS of the Australian regulators to take action. I guess they're immune to that. I'll probably get victimised by some clerk in the front office who will use my email to play wastepaper bin basket ball.

I know the perception of many is that as soon as there is a "case" in the courts the copycat claimants jump on board.

This may or may not be the case. Each participant in a class action would have to be able to substantiate their allegations with evidence.

Has anyone tested out Fx Calibre AUS or FX Calibre and taken notes or better still screen captures of their settings for comparison?

Something I found really interesting: regarding Robert Henley CEO of Apple Investment Company, long established teaching institution for superior forex training, apparently doesn't like publicity. It is very difficult to find anything about him apart from recycled media releases. He and Apple Investment Company clearly are skilled at controlling the media, even the social media (apart from anti scam sites!!)

As well there doesn't seem to be any complaint anywhere about him or Apple Investment Company in the US on the internet.

According to the stories I've read, some of which sound credible, in Australia people and site owners were threatened, offered their refunds if they recanted, paid with confidentiality agreements, and so on.

From your experience over there was Apple Investment Company and Fx Calibre both so successful that NO ONE had anything at all to say?

Or were critics silenced or paid off or .....?

Is it that people in the US have different defamation laws that prohibit their criticising companies openly?

Is it culturally inappropriate to criticise such a good fellow as Mr Henley who is doing such a good job taking Forex trainees under his wing?

Was Fx Calibre sold or used in any other countries apart from the US, AUS and NZ? If so what was the result?

Any volunteers to road test Fx Calibre or fx Calibre AUS with FXCM AUS or US and screen shots live?

After what we've said about it I guess that's a big ask....:shocked:

If the traders did use the approved settings and still had nothing like the advertised results or worse we may have our own class action, Gibraltar style, on our hands.

Left to ASIC with their case load we could all be old age pensioners before we get our refunds :p

And..... how, if at all, does Brian Kelly fit into this, with his reputation for companies that won't give money back to "investors", a variety of gambling and Forex trading?

If he was involved in any way why would Mark Power Financial put their AFSL on the line and licence this venture?

It's interesting that the AFSL is still up on the US site. Using my email links I can still get in to set up an FXCM account via the site and get access to other parts. It's all still there. Guess who owns that site? Apple Investment Company Pty Ltd :D That was the original site. Why isn't it owned by the American AIC? Could it be that they no longer exist? or have been bought out?

I wonder if FXCM or Mark Power might like to shed some light on the subject and at least eliminate themselves from the suspects?

All this silence is bugging me. Guys, tell your legal eagles to go home and come and talk to us now.

Last edited:
Summing up against Apple Investment Company

After looking at all the evidence I have come to these conclusions:

1. All of the stakeholders in this matter, both in Australia and overseas, stood to gain by their involvement in promoting and selling Fx Calibre software through Apple Investment Company both in the US and Australia

2. It is reasonable to assume that all stakeholders knew this and acted from this knowledge with the intention of defrauding the international marketplace to the greatest degree possible

3. That all of the stakeholders are in breach of international regulations relating to Forex trading and the laws applicable to each country where promotion and sales took place

I accuse Apple Investment Company Ltd and Apple Investment Company Pty Ltd of fraud.

I accuse FXCM Holdings LLC and Mark Power Financial Pty Ltd as stakeholders in this matter of fraud.

I've fished up some information on the Fx Calibre software.

The developers were FXCM LLC, which is part of FXCM Holdings.

Hi nerdie,

I debated whether to reply to this thread since the FX Calibre software is not an FXCM product and therefore has no control over the granting of a refund. But the amount of rumor being passed off as fact is becoming irresponsible.

After reading the entire thread, I understand you are upset about the FX Calibre software you purchased from Apple Investment Company. I would be upset as well if the company I purchased a product through treated me the same way. If you are upset with their product and services, you will need to speak with Apple Investment Company directly about receiving a refund.

Apple Investment Company is a referring broker for FXCM. Referring brokers often offer an additional service or trading tool to their clients and recommend that they open their account through a particular broker. If Apple provided misleading statements to you about our relationship, then I find this disturbing and it is something our compliance department should be notified about. Our compliance department can be contacted at compliance@fxcm.com. But to say that FXCM developed the software without providing any proof is irresponsible.

I'm more than willing to help any client on good faith to investigate a problem, but it has to be related to an actual service or product FXCM provides.

Jason

Hi Jason

I'm very glad you have joined this discussion.

I agree that making unsupported statements is irresponsible. In the absence of factual information there has been considerable speculation over more than 12 months about the problems people have had with Apple Investment Company Pty Ltd in Australia. I know that FPA people would like this whole problem sorted out, refunds paid and the whole thing put to bed.

With respect to discussion with Apple Investment Company most of found the customer service was acceptable until we got to a point where we asked for a refund for a range of reasons. At that point it seems that most people were simply ignored. Some people received refunds, some didn't. It doesn't make sense.

Anyway back to the software, Fx Calibre.

The only information I could find on origins of the Fx Calibre software came from a website, Software Informer:

FX Calibre AUS Software Informer: Latest version download, news and info about this FXCM LLC program.
FX Calibre Software Informer: Latest version download, news and info about this Apple Investment Company Pty Ltd program.

They've swapped the titles around as 1.1 is the version accredited to FXCM LLC as developers.
Version 1.5 is labelled with Apple Investment Company Pty Ltd as the developer.

I know not to trust what I read on the internet, but that's all I had to go on.

I would also like to know whether the Fx Calibre 1.1 software was used in the US e.g. by Apple Investment Company Ltd.

What does your compliance department cover?

The information I was sent by Apple Investment Company's salesman to my mind implies a close business relationship between AIC and FXCM.
This is the link from the email I received from Apple Investment Company on 23/2/2010
Apple Investment Company Further Information

How much of this is accurate?

There was quite a lot of irresponsible behaviour in the multiple forms of marketing communication used by AIC, especially in the prepurchase period!

I have a good collection of it, some of which can still be seen on the internet and seems to be enjoying some sort of revival by bloggers looking for ratings.

By contrast Apple Investment Company Ltd (US) have virtually disappeared, or so it seems.

Any light you can throw on this whole situation is truly appreciated.

Nerdie

Last edited:
Apple Investment Company Pty Ltd & Apple Investments Pty Ltd

For all the great FPA legends assembling their ammo to prove their claims about misrepresentation, intention to defraud, breaches of the Australian Consumer Law etc by either of the above companies, their employees or their well-known serial scamster low life criminal backers here are a few items for your use and entertainment.

Two of the videos were up on the .com.au "Australian" AIC site before it was decimated :)

A real trip down memory lane .... :cute:

Watch closely and listen hard: the devil's in the detail ;)

AIC Promotional Videos

Then .....

shut your eyes and listen again and again intently - does that jog the memory....? :D

How do you feel about it now?

Did I see that right? Was that woman recycled?

I hope "Jeannie" was paid Equity rates for taking two roles. :eek:oh:

Screen legends!

Someone pass the popcorn.....

Nice script....

LA Nerd

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone please copy these videos now?

I need a real copy of these videos for my records.

Could someone please run and film them or copy them now?

Many thanks

Marketing, Scams & Narcissism:Apple Investment Co P/L & Apple Investments P/L

Some years ago a Gold Coast betting software company contacted me, trying to sell me betting software. I was curious to see the package design, the methods used to sell, sales skills of staff, delivery of product, etc, so I said send me your information.

In the post arrived their promo CD (= video) and the full colour, good quality glossy brochure, felt substantial, complete with (stock) lifestyle images, images showing phenomenal investment growth, etc. The usual. That would have cost them a bit – cheaper in Asia. The video was much the same: glamour, excitement, enticement. The usual. Disclaimers or cautions in fine print. Aha - gambling - no thanks, no matter how glamorous they try to make it.

When I was contacted by Apple Investment Company in response to my email regarding real investment, the salesman kept trying to turn my investment questions back into his script for software sales. It was actually quite amusing at times. I had to cross question him in the end to nail him on some straight commitments to yes no answers without the spiel.

So the phone sales process normally would have gone:

1. Phone contact - sales spiel containing key words and phrases. Client qualified as to which product: software or the new education packages. Large investors referred to client manager for MDA if they could push past the software salesman.
2. For education package prospects, email: More information link.
For those interested in trading send or link to brochure for the Ultimate Wealth Creation Vehicle (brochure with picture of money stacking up from $5000 investment.) (I did ask later why I had to put in $10,000 when the brochure said $5,000 - I put in $300, the minimum, and got it back.)
3. Follow up email and phone call to get client to purchase point and assist over the line to sale.
4. Post sale email congratulating/welcoming/affirming sales choice and elevating then handover to Customer Support.

How their scammer sales speil Works to free you of your money:

I was going to detail the science behind modern hypnotic sales techniques, but just in case there are any trainee scammers looking for successful scamming techniques I decided against it.

Suffice it to say its basic sales training, acting and either total brainwashing of sales staff by their bosses to the point where the salesman believes in what they are selling or a total absence of conscience and empathy, which can lead to sociopathic and psychopathic behaviour.

For all the nice words the scam sales and service staff don't give a damn about you or your family. If they did they wouldn't be working there. You can't reason with them, unless there is more in the deal for them than you. It's all win-lose: they win, you lose. Never assume they’re like you – think alien cyborg.

Brainwashed staff become narcissistic:
Rule 1: they (or the company) are right and their way is right.
Rule 2. If they or the company are wrong read rule number 1.

Rigidity is normal for them; contracts, threats and injunctions are their weapons if threatened.

If you show doubt or dissatisfaction concerning them, their company/product/method they are programmed to become aggressive, abusive or shut you out. Their processing goes like this:
A refund? Why would you want a refund?
How dare you insist on a refund!
Their product is the Ultimate Wealth Creation Vehicle... or whatever
There must be something wrong with you...
You are unkind.
You have hurt my/our feelings.
You are disloyal.
You are negative.
You must be removed before you infect others.
We must distance ourselves from you and your kind.

Your words disturb their reality - for them that is as dangerous as invasion.

Like daleks: Destroy! Exterminate!

The scammer company prefers to be challenged legally and invisibly - that way they can trade money for your silence if necessary, and continue in their delusions and in business.

Speaking the truth as we do on FPA is the scammers nightmare: exposure. This also means they have to start again with a new scam.

For the scammer it’s not all about the money – they get their kicks out of domination. It’s a power trip and they’re addicted. Just get out of their way and warn others if you can. Never give away your power to their inducements.

The safest way to deal with all scammers if you get one on the phone is to hang up straight away. Otherwise it can do your head in (polite way of putting it) if you have the type of psyche that is vulnerable to their techniques. Even if you don't purchase anything, just listening to the spiel is really bad for your health and wellbeing. It's a mental hijack and can screw up your head for years.

Contrary to logic, once your self-esteem is damaged by one scammer, you’re likely more likely to fall prey to the voice on the phone again or other techniques. You may stop before you hand over your credit card details this time but it can trigger some unexpected emotional reactions. Get experienced professional help – seriously. Break the cycle and get your life back.

Alternatively screen your calls, don't answer blocked or private calls or divert to an answering service and get on the "do not call" list for telemarketing. List your phone number as “silent”. It's also very peaceful :D

Back to AIC's marketing techniques....

It's cheaper to market with access to the internet, but the overall technique was very similar to the marketing for the betting software. These people have thrived in the culture of the rising entrepreneurial spirit, as the consumer has had difficulty telling the true entrepreneur from the scammer. ASIC is also having some fun with that as well.

By contrast contacting an authentic established decent investment company to get information I would be sent what used to be called the prospectus (PDS & FSG), I would not be pressured but left with the information to talk with my accountant and anyone else that should be consulted on this before making up my own mind. Then if I want to buy I would call them back. Very different. No pressure, no cultivating fear within me, no abusive relationship, no power games. Just a simple respectful relationship between equals. That's the way it's supposed to be. If it's not I give them feedback on why they failed to "sell" me.

A good product sells itself by reputation. No one has to bully me into buying it.

These days if anyone pressures me on the phone, tries emotional manipulation or tries to keep me on the phone to sell me something ... I consider them scammers. I always feel bad after exposure to them. It triggers unpleasant reactions. It's bullying. I don't deserve that, nor do you.

Back to the evidence:

But who would think to ask, say, Microsoft, for their PDS and FSG before investing in software or a computer system?

So why would anyone think to ask Apple Investment Company for their PDS or FSG before purchasing the software FX Calibre?

In fact we don't even know if they were required to supply these documents for software sales under Australian Law.

My best guess is that they should have behaved more professionally, as if they were a real investment company. Their lack of experience showed. I'm not sure how Mark Power Financial Pty Ltd and FXCM missed that factor. I guess they've never been on the receiving end of the Apple Investment Company sales pitch. "Mystery shopper" for quality assurance might have been a good idea, guys, in the interests of your AFSL, your business insurance and our protection as consumers. You have a duty of care to the market place and to the Australian Financial Industry as a whole. Your AFSL is supposed indicate maturity and intelligence in financial matters, to set you apart from the scammers and conmen. You failed in your due diligence. Your risk and indemnity clauses don't come near to covering our societal values in this area. At the very least this shows neglect of your customers, regardless of the Law.

Consumers are becoming less tolerant of poor service by businesses. In this competitive and communicative world the power of the mouse is can kill a company or product overnight. These days more than 10 real complaints about a business means that business has failed. It's a long way back up the ladder to consumer trust and business success. :unhappy:

AIC they were subject to AFSL rules from ASIC and that cover all their operations, not just their managed investment. But they would have known that any stuff ups by them would be covered by Mark Power Financial Pty Ltd. If the accusations against Apple Investment Company Pty Ltd gain traction with FOS and ASIC Mark Power Financial Pty Ltd and even FXCM could be disciplined and fined, with the attendant public shaming.

I hope MPF and FXCM sue the scamming butts off the “brains” behind Apple Investment Company!

Last edited:
Are part of the PROBLEM or part of the SOLUTION?

Apple Investments, Apple Investment Company, Apple Investment Co Limited, etc, etc....

Are you part of the PROBLEM or part of the SOLUTION?

Take a stand NOW!

I call on all decent people to publicly denounce the grubs and toecutters behind this string of scams that destroyed the lives, families, hopes, dreams and self-belief of Australians and Kiwis.

Corporations work in a world where net worth is calculated in millions and billions.

We live in a world where the refund of software money, moneys stolen in investment scams and your exploitation of Australian corporations law makes a significant and resounding difference to our lives and those of our friends.

Terry gives her friend $100 per week to pay for food and medicine.

Her friend does unpaid work for Robbie to help her keep her business running.

Robbie's son is ill: she's still paying off his last treatment and medicine and the car she needs for work.

Sean does know how long he'll be able to keep paying rent. The Brisbane Flood dropped his clinic list by 40% as they can't afford to pay. He's keeping his fees low and does free treatments. His clients have also been affected by AIC software scam.

Lara is paying $300 a month extra for her mortgage and has lost her good standing in credit records.

Jennie has taken a full time job that she hates just to help out her friend and pay both mortgages and costs for a while.

Meredith & her partner lost their deposit on a home through a failed investment company backed by the same group.

Dan lost his partner and his home from the emotional and financial impact of the failed investment company.

That's just a start to the list of the damage inflicted by these jerks.

All these people are affected directly and indirectly as the impact of the people behind AIC and all the other companies. They know the names of all the companies and individuals involved and they are warning their friends through word of mouth and email. These people live on the Gold Coast and work in Brisbane. They don't have websites that tell you how they look after their community. They just do it because they are decent human beings who care deeply and put their compassion for the suffering of others into action.

I call on all decent people to distance yourself publicly from the corporate bullies, liars and cheats.

Name the REAL serial ratbags behind this string of "failed" companies so we can protect our families and friends from them.

Name them so we are not laying the blame and fault at the feet of decent honest individuals and companies. Why should they wear the cost of the crimes of others? Is that fair? Is that the Australian way?

No way!

The law takes too long to respond and repay us.

Just as the pen was mightier than the sword.

The people are mightier than the law.

Public opinion will win out - now more than ever.

Have you read what people are saying all over the internet?

We have freedom of speech and we are using it to protect others!

We have the power of the wallet and our words.

We are using that power to starve out the scammers, their staff, their associates.

Scammers are the scammers and criminals destroying the lives of decent traders and investors.

If you work for a scammer - resign now and get help.

If you suspect someone of being a scammer report them to FPA and the authorities now. They are doing good work and getting results.

The net it closing in on all behind this string of scams and internationally.

They can run but they can't hide now. The rules of the game have changed.

We deserve your honestly telling us who they are and what you know about them.

Silence is acquiescence.

Your silence is letting them run up their next company website and legally rob another batch of victims.

These "victims" are human beings, individuals with hearts and feelings.

How can you allow this to go on???

Not your problem. I'm ok Jack? Is that it?

Not your problem? You're totally wrong there! It costs us all to tolerate this corporate sickness - in our taxes to pay for the extra staff to investigate the rubbish, in our insurance premiums to pay for the claims, in social services to care for those in financial hardship and sickness due to this corporate poison of cruel indifference.

It's your problem alright, mate.

We're your brothers and your sisters.

But if you think scammers have "rights", just stay silent.

If you hate scammers and the damage they do, speak up!

It's your choice.

What about the rights of their victims?

What about their savings and retirement funds?

What about their losses, way beyond monetary value?

Are you part of the PROBLEM or part of the SOLUTION?

Get off your backsides and get involved!

Whose side are you on?

Speak up - we can't hear you.....

:mad:

Back