Are Exits more important than Entries?

Pharaoh,
That sounds like a really good idea. I will have to try that out and see if it helps me stay unemotional with my trades.

Thanks!!

I have to agree with Prophet on this in part as you should know your exit before you even put the trade on or at least where you will take half off the table weather its a MA,support and resistance or a fib ect,ect

So there should not be any emotion involved at all in exiting a trade as its all been set up before you have taken the trade

So having said this one is no more important than the other in my view as its all part of an overall system if anything your entry is the key to a successful trade as if you have a good entry you will always take a little profit no matter how bad a trader you are and any profit is good profit

I posted a trade here on FPA last sunday before market had even opened for me to get in on the GBPCAD on monday morning You will see that I already said where my SL is and my TP is before i even took the trade this is not a scalp but a trade I have taken half off the table with 270pips of profit

You can take a look here if you like
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...-tradertech-com-vantage-point-software-2.html

Last edited:
I probably execute about 20x more practice trades than real ones just versing myself in the movements of the market and figuring out what works.

Both entry and exits are very important in forex. If you can enter but can't exit at proper levels then you cannot sustain to maintain your profits that you gain from your trades.

Both are critical. A bad entry dooms the trade from the beginning. A bad exit reduces or even eliminates potential profits from a trade.

Both are critical. A bad entry dooms the trade from the beginning. A bad exit reduces or even eliminates potential profits from a trade.

I totally agree with your point. Both are important, but I do most pay attention to the exists. Since a good exist could save a bad entry.

I totally agree with your point. Both are important, but I do most pay attention to the exists. Since a good exist could save a bad entry.
pretty much the same for a different scenario.
a good entry can make the exit easier to execute.

Both entry and exit is very much important and constitutes the main part of the trading plan. We should enter at the best possible level to avoid floating loss and exit the trade at our determined target.

This thread was dead just before 7 responses! I mean after 2011 we are now at 2013 in this discussion! Ist it strange?
looks an interesting topic but as replied by dkami in 2011, I agree and nothing can be said after that.

Back