• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Are there ANY good brokers?!

I think even the CEO of broker goes to jail do not make me happy when I lose my money . It's better to get back my money

With a regulated broker, your chances of getting back your money are a lot better. FXDD just had to pay back a lot of money they grabbed from clients using asymmetric slippage. Who's going to make an unlicensed broker do that?

I'm trading with HotForex and it's regulated. I have no trading issues with them so far. I think it's a good broker to try.
Yes... regulated in Cyprus.
What I worry about... is if you're among those who make a good profit, how easy is it to start taking money out of your account?

If you wan't absolute security, then its a good idea to use the big boys in the game: citi and dukascopy and the like....... but heads up you need lots of cash for startup capital for startup

If you wan't absolute security, then its a good idea to use the big boys in the game: citi and dukascopy and the like....... but heads up you need lots of cash for startup capital for startup

Yes, I agree with you. most of these have a minimumof $1k-$2k, some more than that. The others have on average a $500 per account, and some have micro accounts. On zulutrade, you can see a list of brokers there... there are a few Swiss banks, such as Dukascopy and Saxo bank.

Proposed SYSTEM for FINDING a good BROKER

After doing searches for brokers, broker evaluations, top brokers according to the likes of Barron's, etc, I took a closer look at zulutrade. I suppose everyone here know what zulutrade is: they allow you to mirror the trades of top performers. Because zulutrade is tightly integrated with the various brokers' accounts, I would assume that they wouldn't allow for a system integration with the more risky/shaky brokers. While this is not an endorsement of the broker on their behalf, I would feel more comfortable using Zulutrade's list of brokers as a starting point. You can find them on the next page after you click signup: https://www.zulutrade.com/signup-live

There is something else very helpful that you can find on the Zulutrade website: the slippage of the deals made by the various traders. When you look at their list of traders, and click on the name of a trader, you will be taken to a page with a graph, that shows the progression of their account. Above the graph, you have tabs: one of those tabs is the slippage. You will find that the slippage will vary according to trader even for a given broker, because different traders will have done transactions at different times and dates... so you will have to look at several traders in order to get a picture of which brokers consistently have the lowest slippage. This is an indication of a good IT infrastructure and system that executes your trades immediately, rather than later. I think this is a great way to make yourself a shortlist of the brokers you want to investigate, as potentials for your business.

Here is the link to one trader, as an example that you can go and look at - I selected this because it shows a good variety of brokers through which mirrored transactions went through, a good frequency of transactions in order to get a good sampling, the slippage, and he's currently number 6 so not too shabby in terms of performance. ZuluTrade - Trader Performance - GBPJPYxiong

So, to sum it up, check out zulutrade, look at their traders, find some who do frequent transactions, look at the slippage tab on their graph, and make yourself an idea of the better traders in the lot. Come back to forexpeacearmy and do a search on cases or complaints.

May I suggest that we start to compile a list, in table format?
Perhaps we could list them by slippage (for example, from 0.2-1.4 pips on average, for broker A), where they are regulated, complaints, minimum investment to open an account. It might be a great starting point to help others find a broker initially.

I just learned that the broker I signed up with has dropped zulutrade a month and a half ago - even though the zulutrade website still lists them as an affiliate.

But I think that if the zulutrade statistics are accurate, even if you don't use them, they are still good stats by which to evaluate brokers for slippage. in theory anyways. that doesn't constitute an endorsement of the brokers themselves though... you still need to do your due diligence on that.

I've been using ThinkForex for a little over a week now. They are regulated in Australia - not in some country that is in financial turmoil or that still has slavery (what does that say about security, in the first case, or morals in the second).
I've had questions, needed assistance, and I must say, their chat and their email support have been top notch. In the email support, it opens a ticket automatically, gets answered, tracked... but I think the highlight of it all, is the cTrader platform. Of course, they have MetaTrader like everyone else, but cTrader is so much easier to use, and has some nice touches that aren't available in MT4. I'm not sure if MT4 has some advanced things that cTrader doesn't have, as I'm just a beginner. But so far, in ctrader, I've found many practical features that make life easier (and the dark color scheme makes it easy on the eyes too).
In ThinkForex the spreads are very good so far. And slightly tighter in cTrader than in MT4. I think it's because the brokers are billed more for the MT4 platform.
Anyways, I just wanted to post a quick note to express that I think I've uncovered a good one.
One experience I'd like to warn other noobs about... in a chat with hotforex, an agent told me that the way you close a trade, is to open the opposite, and they cancel out. I'm not sure if this works with them because they don't support hedging, but doing this on TF caused me to lose 40% of my equity - but that is not TF's fault - it's mine, because I took advice (that may have been incorrect) and applied it to someone else's site. So be cautious... if you have a question, ask your broker - don't apply something someone else told you and assume it'll work the same, even if both use the same platform. That way, if someone gives you incorrect information, you can hold them accountable.

Last edited:
I have heard a lot of good about Alpari UK, and tried to sign up with them.

Turns out they won't deal with Canadians, because of Canadian regulations.

Can someone explain that? They're not i Canada, why would they be subject to Canadian reg's?

Back