Are there any legitimate scam recovery firms out there?

pistonbroke

Recruit
Lots of helpful info here about how to spot and avoid scams (if only I could turn back the clock), but can anyone advise who - if anyone - is actually a legitimate legal firm with a successful track record of litigating and recovering lost / stolen funds?

It seems every time I research or approach someone, no matter how legit they appear to be, there's always a warning that they're also scammers.

There must be SOMEONE who can help and provide good advice and services. Anyone?

FYI, I'm UK based and was scammed by 24Option / Rodeler / Schmid & Fankhauser, I won't publish the amounts I lost, but it's life-changing, and I'm now on the bones of my **se as a result. Highly motivated to recover my money, but don't trust anyone any more. Thank you!

Cherry

Recruit
Hi pistonbroke,

We are two now and let’s hope a few more could join forces with us.
I’m about to go ahead with “Giambrone” despite the bad comments because I haven’t found any other firm UK based.

If anybody knows of a different firm or have been scammed by 24option Rodeler please HELP US!

pluvius

Recruit
anyone knows of a real firm to help recover ? no reply to this threads at all, please pm us (if applicable)

FPA Forums Team Note: Recovery Room Scammers love to use PMs. If you want a company to be checked out or want to share your experiences with a company, post publicly. If anyone PMs you the name of a recovery company, hit the Report button.

Gungun

Recruit
Hei. I was scammet by forex and CFD Trading company. Has anybody tried company Funds-Recovery.com to recover your money from scammers.

Pharaoh

Colonel
Read the website of any recovery company and look for inconsistencies.

1. The Funds-Recovery.com domain was first registered on August 29, 2018. The FAQ on the homepage claims they've been in business for "several years".

2. Their blog has 3 articles. Checking the source code on those shows publications dates in November and December of 2019. Do note that it is possible to edit those dates, so they may backdate them later to cover this detail up.

3. The FAQ claims there is no stature of limitations for online fraud claims. That might be true somewhere, but most countries reserve "no statute of limitations" for crimes like murder. I have heard that Visa and MasterCard have an absolute outer limit of 540 days (shorter in some jurisdictions).

4. They claim to be licensed by the Israeli Ministry of Justice. If so, why don't they proudly display a license, or at least a license number?

5. They claim to be able to recover money from wire transfers and crypto transfers. A licensed broker scamming that way may cave in to legal pressure to return the funds. Unlicensed brokers that have gone deposit-only are nearly impossible to persuade to return funds.

Quite simply, 99% of recovery sites are really just Recovery Room Scams. These are designed for one purpose: To hold out hope of getting your money back while actually finding ways to remove more money from your wallet.

pluvius

Recruit
I tried contacting such a firm in 2019 which showed me some paperwork in Yiddish or some Jewish language and stamped with some Israeli credentials. I was informed to make an initial downpayment of a few thousand euros before they would hear me out. The guy didnt really hear my story or background, he just listened for a while and offered me the service. He would keep getting my incident details wrong . Maybe its because he has a lot of clients or maybe they really cant be bothered. They do not accept % or proportion payment but go for fixed amount payments. They do not accept payment later. They want payment up front. According to the guy, all recovery companies operate like this. They will collect $ upfront before doing anything. And he made it clear they are not lawyers or a legal firm.

Because I had hired a lawyer in my own country before to sue another party and I got my $. Payment to lawer is flexible and up to their discretion. Most of the time, the legal firms in my country do not collect 100% of the payment up front. In this case, this recovery firm is not a legal firm, so I m thinking , maybe they operate differently.

But according to this, guy, I have to pay all the forecasted expenses up front. Later on after the internet phone call , they sent me a contract or agreement in pdf format. Among the lengthy terms, it says, that there is no guarantee , that recovery will be successful and that the agreement is frustrated if the client does not comply or respond or provide certain information or cooperate fully . In short, there are a lot of ways that the contract can be frustrated by the client. I shortened and omitted a lot of the terms , you wont want to read it.

So I researched online, and I came across a lot of examples of frustrated clients who cannot comply or provide certain material because of reasonable reasons or circumstances. In few cases, the recovery firm was looping them infinitely in one full circle in the process or dont respond effectively at all. When you are asking about A, the recovery firm will reply B, or some irrelevant things. In some cases, the firm asked for more money because they said they need to go to the courts as the cfd scammer broker refuse to settle. When the client (us, retail traders) refuse to pump in more money to the recovery firm, the agreement or contracted is nullified or frustrated and the initial upfront money wont be refunded.

So I took a moment to visualise a possible scenario. I pay upfront $3000 euros to this guy from this firm with Israeli paperwork to do something invisible for me as I wont know what is being done at their end. This guy will gather more material from me, ask me do web conference with other parties or obtain other things to strengthen his recovery efforts . If I comply or managed to provide all the things they want me to, I may still have to pump in more $$$ for their effort or forfeit it all. After pumping in more $ for the efforts, I will most probably get an update that it is not succesful after 6 months because according to the contract, there is no guarantee of success like every other legal dispute. Best thing is, I wont even know if they are actually doing anything or just lip service, customer service . When I spoke to this guy , it sounded like a call centre environment with many other people talking in the background.

The guy told me, that if I lost XXXX amount to scammer CFD firms, whats a few more thousand euros anyway?

P/S: When I read the contract, there was no terms or conditions limiting the recovery firm's demand for additional payments. In fact, there was a general clause stating that the client is responsible for any costs arising due to the efforts. There is also a "catch all" sentence which indemnifies the recovery firm fro many things. which I felt was not in my interest because if they are engaged, they have a fiduciary duty to bear these kind of responsibilities which they are shirking. Again, I paraphrase and shorten all this for viewers to read with ease.

You may believe the testimonials and pictures of those claiming to have engaged them and successfully recovering their money. But if you have already lost $ XXX to scammer brokers , you need to really consider the scenario I visualised because the chance of being milked dry like a cow by the recovery firm is REAL and HIGH. Remember, most recovery firms are not legal firms, althought I came across a few that are, and posted their local legal practice ID

pluvius

Recruit
I tried contacting such a firm in 2019 which showed me some paperwork in Yiddish or some Jewish language and stamped with some Israeli credentials. I was informed to make an initial downpayment of a few thousand euros before they would hear me out. The guy didnt really hear my story or background, he just listened for a while and offered me the service. He would keep getting my incident details wrong . Maybe its because he has a lot of clients or maybe they really cant be bothered. They do not accept % or proportion payment but go for fixed amount payments. They do not accept payment later. They want payment up front. According to the guy, all recovery companies operate like this. They will collect $ upfront before doing anything. And he made it clear they are not lawyers or a legal firm.

Because I had hired a lawyer in my own country before to sue another party and I got my $. Payment to lawer is flexible and up to their discretion. Most of the time, the legal firms in my country do not collect 100% of the payment up front. In this case, this recovery firm is not a legal firm, so I m thinking , maybe they operate differently.

But according to this, guy, I have to pay all the forecasted expenses up front. Later on after the internet phone call , they sent me a contract or agreement in pdf format. Among the lengthy terms, it says, that there is no guarantee , that recovery will be successful and that the agreement is frustrated if the client does not comply or respond or provide certain information or cooperate fully . In short, there are a lot of ways that the contract can be frustrated by the client. I shortened and omitted a lot of the terms , you wont want to read it.

So I researched online, and I came across a lot of examples of frustrated clients who cannot comply or provide certain material because of reasonable reasons or circumstances. In few cases, the recovery firm was looping them infinitely in one full circle in the process or dont respond effectively at all. When you are asking about A, the recovery firm will reply B, or some irrelevant things. In some cases, the firm asked for more money because they said they need to go to the courts as the cfd scammer broker refuse to settle. When the client (us, retail traders) refuse to pump in more money to the recovery firm, the agreement or contracted is nullified or frustrated and the initial upfront money wont be refunded.

So I took a moment to visualise a possible scenario. I pay upfront $3000 euros to this guy from this firm with Israeli paperwork to do something invisible for me as I wont know what is being done at their end. This guy will gather more material from me, ask me do web conference with other parties or obtain other things to strengthen his recovery efforts . If I comply or managed to provide all the things they want me to, I may still have to pump in more $$$ for their effort or forfeit it all. After pumping in more $ for the efforts, I will most probably get an update that it is not succesful after 6 months because according to the contract, there is no guarantee of success like every other legal dispute. Best thing is, I wont even know if they are actually doing anything or just lip service, customer service . When I spoke to this guy , it sounded like a call centre environment with many other people talking in the background.

The guy told me, that if I lost XXXX amount to scammer CFD firms, whats a few more thousand euros anyway?

P/S: When I read the contract, there was no terms or conditions limiting the recovery firm's demand for additional payments. In fact, there was a general clause stating that the client is responsible for any costs arising due to the efforts. There is also a "catch all" sentence which indemnifies the recovery firm fro many things. which I felt was not in my interest because if they are engaged, they have a fiduciary duty to bear these kind of responsibilities which they are shirking. Again, I paraphrase and shorten all this for viewers to read with ease.

You may believe the testimonials and pictures of those claiming to have engaged them and successfully recovering their money. But if you have already lost $ XXX to scammer brokers , you need to really consider the scenario I visualised because the chance of being milked dry like a cow by the recovery firm is REAL and HIGH. Remember, most recovery firms are not legal firms, althought I came across a few that are, and posted their local legal practice ID
If you need me to show u the pdf contract, pm me for it. I wont attach it for all to see.

strappa

Recruit
Hi everyone, has anyone heard of mychargeback.com? are they any good? is there a legitimate firm out there?

pluvius

Recruit
Hi everyone, has anyone heard of mychargeback.com? are they any good? is there a legitimate firm out there?
If the terms and conditions are similar to what I posted earlier , u should really think again. If you don't have it, they will , try reaching out first . someone will usually get back to u . Remember they will ask you pay upfront and there is no clause stopping them from asking more payments. If u decline to give them additional payment, the contract between both of u is frustrated or void...

Aki2611

Recruit
Hi everyone,
I am been also scam by the capitalfxt.com. Not able to withdraw my profit. This all are scammer. Take people hard earn money. For recovery I contacted onlinechargeback.com. He also scammed me in a different way.This all are scammer. They had good public reviews on quora & on some sites but this all reviews are fake.Now i have contacted more than 10 firms & hackers but all need upfront fees & not seen any positive reviews. I have loss all my saving in scam. If any knows any legit firm pls let us know.

Blog by FTC
FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION

Refund and Recovery Scams

Scam artists buy and sell "sucker lists" with the names of people who already have lost money to fraudulent promotions. These crooks may call you promising to recover the money you lost or the prize or merchandise you never received — for a fee in advance. That's against the law. Under the Telemarketing Sales Rule, they cannot ask for — or accept — payment until seven business days after they deliver the money or other item they recovered to you.

How the Scams Work
Many consumers might not know that they have been scammed by a bogus prize promotion, phony charity drive, fraudulent business opportunity or other scam. But if you have unknowingly paid money to such a scam, chances are your name is on a "sucker list." That list may include your address, phone numbers, and other information, like how much money you've spent responding to phony offers. Dishonest promoters buy and sell "sucker lists" on the theory that people who have been deceived once have a high likelihood of being scammed again.

These scammers lie when they promise that, for a fee or a donation to a specific charity, they will recover the money you lost, or the prize or product you never received. They use a variety of lies to add credibility to their pitch: some claim to represent companies or government agencies; some say they're holding money for you; and others offer to file necessary complaint paperwork with government agencies on your behalf. Still others claim they can get your name at the top of a list for victim reimbursement.

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation's consumer protection agency, says claims like these often are false. Although some federal and local government agencies and consumer organizations help people who have lost money, they don't charge a fee. Nor do they guarantee to get your money back, or give special preference to anyone who files a formal complaint.

Seeing Through a Recovery Scam
Here are some tips to help you avoid losing money to a recovery scam:

• Don't giver money or your bank or credit card account number to anyone who calls offering to recover money, merchandise, or prizes you never received if the caller says you have to pay a fee in advance. Under the Telemarketing Sales Rule, it's against the law for someone to request or receive payment from you until seven business days after you have the money or other item in hand.
  • If someone claims to represent a government agency that will recover your lost money, merchandise, or prizes for a fee or a donation to a charity, report them immediately to the FTC. National, state, and local consumer protection agencies and nonprofit organizations do not charge for their services.
  • Before you use any company to recover either money or a prize, ask what specific services the company provides and the cost of each service. Check out the company with local government law enforcement and consumer agencies; ask whether other people have registered complaints about the business. You also can enter the company name into an online search engine to look for complaints.