• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Info Are these recovery companies legit or not?

Asking questions about a company
I am sceptical of sites like that too.
Here is some review though I am not sure how authentic it is

trustpilot.com/review/wealthrecoveryexpert.com

FPA Review Moderation Team Note: We've seen quite a few recovery room scammers leaving advertisements as reviews on TrustPilot. It appears that TrustPilot does not filter out fake reviews very well.

Have anybody heard or dealt with Wealth Recovery Expert?

I was scammed by Europefx and want to recover my money. Any other reputable recovery companies out there?

Hi everyone, has anyone heard of mychargeback.com? are they any good? is there a legitimate firm out there?

Hi everyone, has anyone heard of mychargeback.com? are they any good? is there a legitimate firm out there?
If the terms and conditions are similar to what I posted earlier , u should really think again. If you don't have it, they will , try reaching out first . someone will usually get back to u . Remember they will ask you pay upfront and there is no clause stopping them from asking more payments. If u decline to give them additional payment, the contract between both of u is frustrated or void...

Hi,
Has anyone heard of MoneyBackConsulting ? I signed up with them last year (they seemed quite legit) and ended up losing $3k ! Has anyone had a similar experience with this so-called "recovery" company ?
Thanks
Martin

Hi everyone,
I am been also scam by the capitalfxt.com. Not able to withdraw my profit. This all are scammer. Take people hard earn money. For recovery I contacted onlinechargeback.com. He also scammed me in a different way.This all are scammer. They had good public reviews on quora & on some sites but this all reviews are fake.Now i have contacted more than 10 firms & hackers but all need upfront fees & not seen any positive reviews. I have loss all my saving in scam. If any knows any legit firm pls let us know.

Blog by FTC
FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION

Refund and Recovery Scams

Scam artists buy and sell "sucker lists" with the names of people who already have lost money to fraudulent promotions. These crooks may call you promising to recover the money you lost or the prize or merchandise you never received — for a fee in advance. That's against the law. Under the Telemarketing Sales Rule, they cannot ask for — or accept — payment until seven business days after they deliver the money or other item they recovered to you.

How the Scams Work
Many consumers might not know that they have been scammed by a bogus prize promotion, phony charity drive, fraudulent business opportunity or other scam. But if you have unknowingly paid money to such a scam, chances are your name is on a "sucker list." That list may include your address, phone numbers, and other information, like how much money you've spent responding to phony offers. Dishonest promoters buy and sell "sucker lists" on the theory that people who have been deceived once have a high likelihood of being scammed again.

These scammers lie when they promise that, for a fee or a donation to a specific charity, they will recover the money you lost, or the prize or product you never received. They use a variety of lies to add credibility to their pitch: some claim to represent companies or government agencies; some say they're holding money for you; and others offer to file necessary complaint paperwork with government agencies on your behalf. Still others claim they can get your name at the top of a list for victim reimbursement.

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation's consumer protection agency, says claims like these often are false. Although some federal and local government agencies and consumer organizations help people who have lost money, they don't charge a fee. Nor do they guarantee to get your money back, or give special preference to anyone who files a formal complaint.

Seeing Through a Recovery Scam
Here are some tips to help you avoid losing money to a recovery scam:

• Don't giver money or your bank or credit card account number to anyone who calls offering to recover money, merchandise, or prizes you never received if the caller says you have to pay a fee in advance. Under the Telemarketing Sales Rule, it's against the law for someone to request or receive payment from you until seven business days after you have the money or other item in hand.
  • If someone claims to represent a government agency that will recover your lost money, merchandise, or prizes for a fee or a donation to a charity, report them immediately to the FTC. National, state, and local consumer protection agencies and nonprofit organizations do not charge for their services.
  • Before you use any company to recover either money or a prize, ask what specific services the company provides and the cost of each service. Check out the company with local government law enforcement and consumer agencies; ask whether other people have registered complaints about the business. You also can enter the company name into an online search engine to look for complaints.

Having been scammed by RIMarkets I have like most people tried to work out how to recover my funds. A company called fundsrecovery.ltd in the states came up with a class action in the Marshall Islands which seemed a sensible option. What are peoples opinion on these companies?

Let's see. The fundsrecovery.ltd website claims © 2018, but was first registered in August 2019.

Testimonials include one for Banc de Binary, which has been out of business for quite some time.

Disclaimer even says they are not "class counsel" and are not "legal services", but you say they claim to be putting together a class action lawsuit.

Looks very much like a recovery room scam to me. If they dispute this, invite them to come to this thread and publicly introduce the fully licensed law firm that's going to represent the clients. The name of the firm can't exactly be a secret if it's preparing to file a court case.

I rarely share my story with people online and those I don't know, not only because it put me at the lowest point ever but because it made me a person of ridicule among family and some of my friends. I put all I had into Binary Options ($490,000) after hearing great testimonies about this new investment strategy. I was made to believe my investment would be triple, it started good and I got returns (not up to what I had invested). Gathered more and involved a couple family members, but I didn't know I was setting myself up for the kill, in less than no time all we had put ($620,000) was gone. It almost seem I had set them up, they came at me strong and hard. After searching and looking for how to make those scums pay back, I got introduced to Mrs Amber a recovery agent who helped recover about 80% of my lost funds within a month and I was very happy so catch him up for your lost funds with Email address: ragulambthief@scamyouagain.com

Let's see. The fundsrecovery.ltd website claims © 2018, but was first registered in August 2019.

Testimonials include one for Banc de Binary, which has been out of business for quite some time.

Disclaimer even says they are not "class counsel" and are not "legal services", but you say they claim to be putting together a class action lawsuit.

Looks very much like a recovery room scam to me. If they dispute this, invite them to come to this thread and publicly introduce the fully licensed law firm that's going to represent the clients. The name of the firm can't exactly be a secret if it's preparing to file a court case.
Thank you for the assessment, they have not responded, how do I invite them to this thread??

FPA Forums Team Note: Scam Alerts threads have a build in function for inviting companies. To invite a company or anyone else to this thread, email them the link to the thread and ask them to come and join the discussion.

No I didn't share my email with them but I have been scammed last year and I have lost a big amount of money.
Since then I am searching for a recovery company and that's way I am keep asking this question because I don't know to much about and I want to avoid another scam.
I have been rapport them to the authority is well but as you know they would not help me to recover my money back.
Thanks for your response and for keeping respond to my questions.
Has anyone heard of quickrecoveryadvocate.com or get help from them in recover your lost money in a online Forex trade scam?
I want to contact them and any information will be welcome.Thanks
Please let me know if you had any success with quickrecoveryadvocate.com?

Back