• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Are there any reliable brokers

spreadmonkey2

Recruit
ive been trading a live account with capital spreads for a year now. no serious problems with them (although i have never got as far as requesting transferring profits back yet) other than the odd site freezing during news releases, NFP etc.

a few weeks ago i realised there was such a thing as automated totally hands off trading (i know ive had a sheltered life).
then dug a bit deeper and found out i could actually get some of my many trading strategies put into mql code and let loose on MT4. I did this and recieved my own shiny new EA last friday. i wound it up and let it go on a demo account yesterday, so far its opened about 11 trades and is in profit by about 60 pips so far (in 1 1/2 days).

but ive been having a depressing day reading about what seems like almost all brokers are scam artists in one way or another.

are there any good ones that someone can recommend me to open a live account with that i can use with my robot. its a very simple moving average cross program, its far from perfect and misses plenty of scalps but looks like it will run at a steady continuous profit (thanks to Michal at MQL service shop).

after a year of very deep study and experimenting im finally starting to turn a consistent profit both manually and by EA. the last thing i want to do is give it all away to the crooks.

ive seen a big list of scammers and potential scammers, is there also a list of good honest brokers to choose from.

and if not, how hard would it be for someone like myself and/or all the other honest and decent people on here to come together and start a proper up front and honest broker company of our own, is it just the crooks that have the knowledge to do so.

Phill H

ive been trading a live account with capital spreads for a year now. no serious problems with them (although i have never got as far as requesting transferring profits back yet) other than the odd site freezing during news releases, NFP etc.

a few weeks ago i realised there was such a thing as automated totally hands off trading (i know ive had a sheltered life).
then dug a bit deeper and found out i could actually get some of my many trading strategies put into mql code and let loose on MT4. I did this and recieved my own shiny new EA last friday. i wound it up and let it go on a demo account yesterday, so far its opened about 11 trades and is in profit by about 60 pips so far (in 1 1/2 days).

but ive been having a depressing day reading about what seems like almost all brokers are scam artists in one way or another.

are there any good ones that someone can recommend me to open a live account with that i can use with my robot. its a very simple moving average cross program, its far from perfect and misses plenty of scalps but looks like it will run at a steady continuous profit (thanks to Michal at MQL service shop).

after a year of very deep study and experimenting im finally starting to turn a consistent profit both manually and by EA. the last thing i want to do is give it all away to the crooks.

ive seen a big list of scammers and potential scammers, is there also a list of good honest brokers to choose from.

and if not, how hard would it be for someone like myself and/or all the other honest and decent people on here to come together and start a proper up front and honest broker company of our own, is it just the crooks that have the knowledge to do so.

Phill H

Hey spreadmonkey2

I hear where you are coming from. It is hard to get a tool (like your EA) to work with a live account. Unfortunately people are more prone to report a broker that they have had a bad experience with. In the forums there really is not a place that lists the 'good' MT4 brokers. I have gone through about 20 live brokers in the last 5 years and none have really lived up to their words despite copious research. You are going to have to ask a lot of questions for each broker and then go by 'trial and error' with a live account. That is what I have done. Keep your risk small when trying new live accounts and just test them out. Good luck, WCP.

Last edited:
Back