Are you addicted to trading?

How does one decide that they are trading too much though? They start making mistakes which impact their profits? They feel too stressed out to continue? They decide they need more training on a demo account? Or it's a combination of these factors? How did you determine that for yourself?

That can vary from person to person, but making mistakes against your own trading plan would be a BIG warning sign that it's time to step away from the computer.

In my feeling still not as addicted with forex but close to interested with forex because still curious how to making money with forex trading, if talk about failure maybe I am already forget how many account get blow up account

I have met a few traders who appeared to be addicted to trading and even though they were not professional traders they tended to make their daily decisions based on their trading and often cancelled or rescheduled planed events during the week due to trading.

I think they did that because they were not profitable and believed that they need to be glued to their screens in order to finally turn around and generate profits on a few trades. They seemed addicted to it which influenced their lives in a negative way. You always read about the positives in trading, but very few mention the negative impacts a lot of people suffer (besides losing your capital).

Any thoughts?

This is really risky, you need to consider many things before you release some cash

Most traders are, I've seen many trade posting on face book that "please anyone give me a trade signal". They are so addicted to trading that they want to be in a trade every time they sit at their charts.

Yeah, I was like that once. I wanted to trade all the time. If I wasn't in a trade then it felt like I didn't know what I was doing. But after a few years I've learnt that the opposite is true. Knowing when not to trade is as important as knowing when to trade

Yeah, I was like that once. I wanted to trade all the time. If I wasn't in a trade then it felt like I didn't know what I was doing. But after a few years I've learnt that the opposite is true. Knowing when not to trade is as important as knowing when to trade

I know that feeling. You're not trading and you don't know what to do with yourself, so you open a position for the sake of opening a position, which is usually a mistake. And then, when the actual good moment to open a proper position comes you miss it, because you're too stressed out and focused on the mistakes you've already made. It took me quite a while to overcome that unfortunate habit, though the urge is still there. I just learned not to give into it.

Not any more, in start I was addicted to it a lot and use to spend many hours in front of the charts but now Its trade less and safe and earn more.

Some how you can say forex is now my habit or daily routine. I feel something missing without trading. I use to see market and updates daily . I am one of those who earn small but consistent profit so I want to be addicted with it.

Forex trading is certainly a part of my daily routine. The difference between a routine and an addiction, however, is that one cannot control the former and can control the latter. When it comes to trading it's definitely better to be in full control, because that's when one trades well.

Back