Are you addicted to trading?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this topic. I completely agree with you - trading addiction is a real issue that affects many traders, especially those who are not profitable.

It's important to remember that trading is not a get-rich-quick scheme, and success in trading requires a lot of hard work, patience, and discipline. Unfortunately, some traders become addicted to the idea of making quick profits and spend excessive amounts of time and money trading in hopes of turning things around. This can have a negative impact on their personal lives, relationships, and overall well-being.

I think it's important for traders to have a balanced approach to trading and to prioritize their personal lives and mental health. This means setting realistic goals, developing a trading plan, and sticking to it. It also means taking breaks from trading when necessary and seeking help if trading addiction becomes a problem.

At the end of the day, trading should enhance our lives, not detract from them. Let's continue to have open and honest conversations about the negative impacts of trading addiction, and work together to promote healthy and sustainable trading practices.

The golden rule of investing money in high-risk businesses including forex is only spent money that affords to lose, forex trading results day by day depending on individual traders, we manage our own money, and need to be wise to balance our life.

addicted to failure in money. LOL .
just kidding.
Yes, as soon as I make a profit, I start to open new positions and increase my income. I am aware of the risk, but I still do.

Trading addiction can be a real problem, and it's important to recognize the warning signs before they become more serious. One way to avoid becoming addicted to trading is to establish clear boundaries around your trading activities. Set limits on the amount of time and money you're willing to invest in trading, and stick to these limits no matter what. Additionally, make sure that you're engaging in other activities that bring you joy and fulfillment outside of trading. This will help you maintain a healthy balance and prevent trading from becoming an all-consuming obsession.

Trading can be an exciting and fast-paced activity, but it's important to be mindful of the potential risks and addictive tendencies that can arise. While some individuals may find themselves addicted to trading, it's crucial to maintain a healthy approach and balance in your investment activities.
  1. Set clear goals: Define your investment objectives and establish realistic targets. Having a clear plan can help you avoid impulsive and emotionally driven trades.
  2. Create a trading routine: Establish a structured trading routine that includes specific times for analysis, execution, and evaluation. Following a routine can help you avoid excessive and impulsive trading.
  3. Educate yourself: Continuously educate yourself about the markets, trading strategies, and risk management techniques. Expanding your knowledge will enable you to make more informed decisions and reduce the likelihood of impulsive actions.
  4. Practice risk management: Implementing proper risk management techniques, such as setting stop-loss orders and diversifying your portfolio, can help mitigate potential losses and protect your capital.
  5. Take breaks and maintain balance: It's essential to step away from trading periodically and engage in other activities that bring you joy and fulfillment. Maintaining a balanced lifestyle can help prevent trading from taking over your life.

It's mostly the dopamine rush that causes this. And it definitely could be financially devastating. No matter how good you are at trading, if you are doing this solely for a hormonal release in your body, like a true addiction, this can easily lead to mistakes. Don't be treating this like a gambling.

Yes, I am fully addicted by the Forex trading. I am trading since 2010. And now I can not think myself without Forex trading. Even the two off days of the Forex market I miss Forex trading. But I this two days I make my weekly plan. And I enjoy my addiction by my Forex profit.
Wow. I guess if you haven't overburnt yet, it's a huge luck to have such a strong addiction that mean no bad consequences for mental health.
Anyway, I think if we take an ordinary trader, then addiction to trading rarely leads to something you experience.
Usually, it causes bad repercussions for emotional stability and mental health condition. However, it also depends on the personality. If you rationally distribute time allocated for trading, the it's ok.

I have met a few traders who appeared to be addicted to trading and even though they were not professional traders they tended to make their daily decisions based on their trading and often cancelled or rescheduled planed events during the week due to trading.

I think they did that because they were not profitable and believed that they need to be glued to their screens in order to finally turn around and generate profits on a few trades. They seemed addicted to it which influenced their lives in a negative way. You always read about the positives in trading, but very few mention the negative impacts a lot of people suffer (besides losing your capital).

Any thoughts?
It totally depends what you mean by "addicted". It has become a very interesting hubby for me, even when I think the chart is not moving according to my trade setting, I do demo trading just for fun, but I never over trade; and the typr of addiction that I have is not a harmful one, unlike what most other have said.

here are some signs of trading addiction:

1. Obsession and Preoccupation: Constantly thinking about trading, even when not actively engaged in it, and feeling restless or anxious when away from the markets.

2. Neglecting Responsibilities: Neglecting or sacrificing other important areas of life, such as work, relationships, or personal well-being, due to excessive focus on trading.

3. Chasing Losses: Engaging in impulsive and risky behavior to recover losses, disregarding risk management strategies and trading plans.

4. Emotional Rollercoaster: Experiencing extreme emotions, such as euphoria during winning trades and deep despair during losing trades, to the point where it affects overall mental well-being.

5. Excessive Trading Activity: Engaging in excessive and frequent trading, often without a clear strategy or rationale, driven by the need for constant market stimulation.

Back