Are you addicted to trading?

I am new to trading, practice on a demo account. Till now I am not addicted but when I make profit I want to trade more and when I make losses I want to quit trading.
I think there are so many traders have similar experience like you when at first time trading as a beginner, I have the same experience before, when loss and loss occurred, leading to my minds want to leaving forex, and when I leaving forex awhile, I am still active in forum forex and eventually come back again till now.

I have met a few traders who appeared to be addicted to trading and even though they were not professional traders they tended to make their daily decisions based on their trading and often cancelled or rescheduled planed events during the week due to trading.

I think they did that because they were not profitable and believed that they need to be glued to their screens in order to finally turn around and generate profits on a few trades. They seemed addicted to it which influenced their lives in a negative way. You always read about the positives in trading, but very few mention the negative impacts a lot of people suffer (besides losing your capital).

Any thoughts?
This is a very interesting observation, and can totally see how this would happen.

When I started trading it did consume so much of my time and schedule, but not quite to this extent i must say and would no have said I had an addiction just enthusiasm to learn at that point.
Over trading and chasing losses though is a dangerous pitfull of trading indeed.

I think once i understood the higher timeframes and learnt what suited me, I now make it work around my life.

I think there are so many traders have similar experience like you when at first time trading as a beginner, I have the same experience before, when loss and loss occurred, leading to my minds want to leaving forex, and when I leaving forex awhile, I am still active in forum forex and eventually come back again till now.
But when you are making profit you enjoy to trade more and more and do not have control over emotions.

But when you are making profit you enjoy to trade more and more and do not have control over emotions.
I think we should learn and have a good mindset to minimize greedily, indeed as human nature if actually, they want more and more, like as in wise sentences, if human already reached the first line, they will expect to reached second line, if already hit second line they want to reach the third line, if already hit the third line, they want to go to the fourth line, and it will never end before the death.

I’ve never cancelled plans or anything like that. Especially after the year we’ve had, I am making the effort to put more of an emphasis and focus on my family and home rather than work, but it is a process - especially not constantly checking things

I think we should learn and have a good mindset to minimize greedily, indeed as human nature if actually, they want more and more, like as in wise sentences, if human already reached the first line, they will expect to reached second line, if already hit second line they want to reach the third line, if already hit the third line, they want to go to the fourth line, and it will never end before the death.
That's the basic human nature and it can never change!

Back