Are you addicted to trading?

I have met a few traders who appeared to be addicted to trading and even though they were not professional traders they tended to make their daily decisions based on their trading and often cancelled or rescheduled planed events during the week due to trading.

I think they did that because they were not profitable and believed that they need to be glued to their screens in order to finally turn around and generate profits on a few trades. They seemed addicted to it which influenced their lives in a negative way. You always read about the positives in trading, but very few mention the negative impacts a lot of people suffer (besides losing your capital).

Any thoughts?
I can understand why it can be addicting, but it's a terrible thing to be addicted to. You could lose money fast. You got to know that you are playing against the big institutions in this game

I have met a few traders who appeared to be addicted to trading and even though they were not professional traders they tended to make their daily decisions based on their trading and often cancelled or rescheduled planed events during the week due to trading.

I think they did that because they were not profitable and believed that they need to be glued to their screens in order to finally turn around and generate profits on a few trades. They seemed addicted to it which influenced their lives in a negative way. You always read about the positives in trading, but very few mention the negative impacts a lot of people suffer (besides losing your capital).

Any thoughts?
Addiction can lead to destruction

Addiction to some extent is good, it keeps you motivated to work on it until you reach the desired result.
Yes, it is possible to start from addicted then make money from them, but its also depending with the mindset, if just blindly addiction, waste money and get useless result may occur.

I am addicted to learn right ways of trading my trading will fruitful when I will be able to compete market in positive way . We can not fight with market w can get our share through skilled trading. When I feel I should do trading and not having enough capital I avoid risky trading the second option is to go demo trading that times and in this way I feel satisfied that i am having interact with market.

Yes, it is possible to start from addicted then make money from them, but its also depending with the mindset, if just blindly addiction, waste money and get useless result may occur.
Exactly correct mindset will help you a lot to get success in the forex market.

I am addicted to learn right ways of trading my trading will fruitful when I will be able to compete market in positive way . We can not fight with market w can get our share through skilled trading. When I feel I should do trading and not having enough capital I avoid risky trading the second option is to go demo trading that times and in this way I feel satisfied that i am having interact with market.
I think we don't need to enforce when fall in bad trading condition, back to demo is safer than rush to recovery with replenishing the account, because usually if trading based revenge the result often unsatisfied

I don't really think that it can be called 'addiction'. They just have the wrong perception of what trading is and they try to turn quantity into quality but it not always work.

Whether you become addicted to trading depends on whether you are addicted to making money? But what you need to know is the way you make money, whether you know how to analyze, and consider the market. I am very happy that I have a professional analyst, which allows me to control my profits well.

Sometimes it feels like I am and it can be hard to differentiate between tenacity and a problem but I think you need that drive and love for it to succeed. I think anyone that loves what they do will say they can't leave it alone not just trading but everything in life you love

Back