Are you addicted to trading?

I think I know how to hold back whenever I can. Am I only one who thinks that it is okay to feel addicted to trading, of course to some extent, as long as your main goal is to stay motivated to work harder for better result

I am not but one of my friends is addicted to trading like anything. Infact even if he is eating, sleeping, walking, trading is on his mind 24/7.
Then it is possible that he turned into gambler because trading needs patience and when you obsessed with trading you're likely impatient in your decisions.

Then it is possible that he turned into gambler because trading needs patience and when you obsessed with trading you're likely impatient in your decisions.
I agree with you, it is good to trade in forex but making it an addiction would really put you at risk.

I wouldn't say that I am addicted to trading.
I mean that surely I got used to analysing the markets and opening my trading platform in order to see how the open deals are doing, but I can avoid doing it. More than that, I am not always in the mood for it. Sometimes I make pauses when I just don't feel like trading and that's it. Can it be called an addiction? I doubt that.

I wouldn't say that I am addicted to trading.
I mean that surely I got used to analysing the markets and opening my trading platform in order to see how the open deals are doing, but I can avoid doing it. More than that, I am not always in the mood for it. Sometimes I make pauses when I just don't feel like trading and that's it. Can it be called an addiction? I doubt that.
Analyzing the markets is not an addiction buddy. You are safe. ;)

Too much addiction in forex is not good for health, because human needs to take a rest, maybe for some people they felt strong enough to work without sleeping, but for the long term, it will affect the body, because the body also has a right to take a rest, because human is not a robot.

All the traders are addicted to trading, the matter here is the level of their addiction. Actually, it's bad, because when you're addicted to something in your life it means that you can't own your emotions and mental health. In this situation people try to find other ways to lose the addiction, I believe that addiction to trading can be compared to gambling, because all the activities which can bring you lots of money can be turned into gambling.
The matter here is not to follow thi addiction, if you notice that you're getting addicted to trading, then perhas you have to take a break in order to understand that it can led to very unpleasant consequences.

Many traders treat forex as a side business, one advantage of forex trading is the market open 24 hours 5 days a week, traders can spend time based on their preferred time, night, or day, and traders can use robot trading software as an alternative.

I have met a few traders who appeared to be addicted to trading and even though they were not professional traders they tended to make their daily decisions based on their trading and often cancelled or rescheduled planed events during the week due to trading.

I think they did that because they were not profitable and believed that they need to be glued to their screens in order to finally turn around and generate profits on a few trades. They seemed addicted to it which influenced their lives in a negative way. You always read about the positives in trading, but very few mention the negative impacts a lot of people suffer (besides losing your capital).

Any thoughts?
This is why, new traders need to start their trading career as a part time job in demo! There is no easy way of money making in Forex! So, which traders are trying to make easy money here with their low trading skill, they will face such a big loss in their real trading! By the way, spending time in Forex is not a bad idea!

Back