• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss atcbrokers.com

General discussions of a financial company
atcbrokers

I was looking to open an account with ATC, does anyone have any experience dealing with these people and are they as they claim STP (Straight Through Processing) as I am a scalper and looking hard to find a broker that has little or no delays

I've been with ATC Brokers for about 7 months. Performance delays have generally not been noticeable. There was one case where what should have been a profitable close ended up as a significant loss. Furthermore, the closing price was worse for me than the price range shown on the MT4 chart for the time of close. Customer service explained that the chart only plots the bid price, not the actual price, but I was dubious.

Setup and funding was a hassle; they have you go through many more hoops than other brokers that I have dealt with. Since then, customer service has handled my inquiries very professionally, in general.

Spreads and slippage look good, but my trades, on average, have not performed as well as they have with other brokers. Still profitable, but somewhat disappointing. I'm not sure what the difference is yet.

Why is FXCM mentioned in the reviews?

No other broker has so many positive reviews and not even one negative. I don't understand one issue with them:

Accoring to their webiste,

"ATC provides true ECN pricing which means that you will see the spreads as they come from the banks. The spreads are variable and not fixed"

I have read many reviews refering that they clear through FXCM.
What exactly is FXCM offering them?

Can't access their website

I wanted to set up a demo account for testing this broker, but for some reason I can not access their wesite. I get the following message:
[h1]Forbidden[/h1]
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

<HR><ADDRESS>Apache Server at atcbrokers.com Port 80</ADDRESS><ADDRESS></ADDRESS>
Very strange!

<ADDRESS>Note: It is Sunday,19/12/2010, 4.15 pm ET. The Forex market is just about to open</ADDRESS>

I have finally set up a demo account with them.
It is very strange that you can not open additional demo account on their demo platform just as like with every other broker.

Coming to the point, their platform is really good and the spreads excellent. Commission could be lower, but all in all a very good broker.

Large Accounts

Have a question about large accounts. I'm concerned about what happens when a trading account gets large. I've traded with equity and options accounts in excess of 250K before and have never thought that the broker would work against you. That has not been a concern in those markets. However, in forex it seems like everyone seems to varying degrees concerned about their brokers trading against them and doing things to affect their trades.

Has anyone had the experience where they were doing great with a broker but when their accounts got up to a certain size things began to conspire to worked agains them.

I'd like to hear some of your experiences. I'm interested in using ATC at some point if they are a truly honest brokers that doesn't work against their customers.

Any member with a live account?

I have been reading the great reviews about this broker and they are not few (Currently 55). I really find it very strange that none of these people ever made any post in this discussion thread.
Is there a rep of this broker signed up in FPA?
Is this too good to be true?

$5000 to open a live account is quite risky for just checking out if the reviews are correct:unhappy:

I would ask any of their happy customers to make a few posts in this thread, confirming that all those reviews are correct.

I have been reading the great reviews about this broker and they are not few (Currently 55). I really find it very strange that none of these people ever made any post in this discussion thread.
Is there a rep of this broker signed up in FPA?
Is this too good to be true?

$5000 to open a live account is quite risky for just checking out if the reviews are correct:unhappy:

I would ask any of their happy customers to make a few posts in this thread, confirming that all those reviews are correct.

Had a live account for quite some time. ATC is an IB for FXCM. But they use their own MT4 with FXCM's "non-dealing desk" price feed (which is not available directly on MT4 through FXCM). Yes spreads are good, but it's still FXCM, and all the crap you hear about FXCM you will still experience with an ATC account. Suspicious slippage, execution delays, etc. I closed my account because I got tired of it. The pretty spreads look great, but if they are not coupled with good execution, they are meaningless because you won't actually be trading at those prices, but several pips past.

That said, the ATC guys are very honest and do go to bat for their clients with FXCM, i.e. if you complain to ATC about an FXCM screw-up, you can usually get some favorable resolution, with them supporting you. In the end it just comes down to do you want to deal with the FXCM bullcrap or not...I decided I didn't so I'm gone.

EDIT: Re people who have posted reviews not posting in this forum, it's probably because they don't know this thread even exists (I didn't until a few minutes ago). In addition, they probably would think it's redundant to post a review at FPA, then post another comment saying the same thing in a separate ATC forum also on FPA. Don't know if that's the reason for everyone but it's probably a good guess...

Last edited:
Had a live account for quite some time. ATC is an IB for FXCM. But they use their own MT4 with FXCM's "non-dealing desk" price feed (which is not available directly on MT4 through FXCM). Yes spreads are good, but it's still FXCM, and all the crap you hear about FXCM you will still experience with an ATC account. Suspicious slippage, execution delays, etc. I closed my account because I got tired of it. The pretty spreads look great, but if they are not coupled with good execution, they are meaningless because you won't actually be trading at those prices, but several pips past.

That said, the ATC guys are very honest and do go to bat for their clients with FXCM, i.e. if you complain to ATC about an FXCM screw-up, you can usually get some favorable resolution, with them supporting you. In the end it just comes down to do you want to deal with the FXCM bullcrap or not...I decided I didn't so I'm gone.

EDIT: Re people who have posted reviews not posting in this forum, it's probably because they don't know this thread even exists (I didn't until a few minutes ago). In addition, they probably would think it's redundant to post a review at FPA, then post another comment saying the same thing in a separate ATC forum also on FPA. Don't know if that's the reason for everyone but it's probably a good guess...

Thanks Boro.

That clears many things, especially for those reading the comments within the reviews.

Back