• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Info Athena Options- Is is a good or not?

Asking questions about a company

dawnzky05

Recruit
Hi everyone,

I am new to this website and just wondering if anyone of you is familiar with athenaoptions.com.

Is this platform a scam? Website looks legit. But not sure.

They claim to be part of the Investor Compensation Fund, but don't name any regulator. They claim a business registration in the UK, but there's no mention of FCA or other regulation.

Account types look less like binary and more like a HYIP scam. 10% daily for 7 days if you put in 500. This goes up to 30% if you put in $25,000.

Take your money and run away as far and fast as you can.

If you don't believe me, show their plans to your bank and ask them if they'll loan you $25,000 to invest. Make sure to take a video of them laughing and post it here.

Pharaoh, it's too late for me. I have been scammed and found another individual on here who had been scammed using the same tactic about a month before me. I have reported to FTC and FBI on Friday, 8/7/2020 but I haven't heard anything back. I will follow up with them as I have additional information with the new victim that I've found on here. Also I found more scammers trying to scam other people the same way they did to me. I have their Facebook profiles. I know it's 100% fake profile but it's something and there are many of them. Scary stuff. Athena Options claims to be a UK holding company but it's registered in Panama on Whois lookup. Also the address on the website is not a real address in the UK. There is a whole big operation around this company with many scammers call themselves expert or professional trader and many many more scammers working under them who are investors recommending people to the trader to open accounts on Athena Options. I'm still researching but I believe this big operation isn't only scamming people to Athena Options. There are other scamming companies linked together under a bigger umbrella.

eConsumer at the FTC doesn't usually reply. What you can do is post the number assigned to your complaint in this thread. That will improve the chances of any police or regulator looking into Athena Options requesting a copy of the information you filed.

Encourage all other victims to also file reports with eConsumer.gov and IC3.gov. The more reports, the more chance that some action will happen. Any victim who is a US citizen or resident can also complain to SEC.gov and CFTC.gov. Since they claim a UK address, a complaint to FCA.org.uk certainly wouldn't hurt anything.

FTC Report Number: 121384243

I found a third person who got scammed for $80K by the exact scamming tactic. Actually she found me through a group FB post that I did to warn people about the scammer and the big scam operation. We will call the FTC with more information and more people who got are hurt. Who knows how many more people are out there who got hurt and more will be hurt if they don't shut this operation down soon.

I have submitted to FBI via IC3. I will also submit to the mentioned sites. Thank you for your helpfulness.

Back