• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Atwood and James

I am having an issue with a company
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathon Gurney

Recruit
I dealt with Atwood and James. I asked for 50% of my put options to be sold, the currency then fell. Thinking that I had a lucky escape only selling half the options I checked that I had covered my initial capital outlay only to find that A&J had sold ALL my options. I was offered $1000 compensation for their incompetence (not what I would have made had they kept the puts) which I took. Now A&J are refusing to return the money in my trading account (less than $1000) as they say that they were generous and paid me more than I was owed with the $1000.

A&J refuse to communicate apart from on the telephone so there is no paper trail. I however always communicate with them via email cc'ing myself to create a record of the dialogue. Their website shows the Statue of Liberty and Wall Street, but they operate out of Rio de Janeiro.

Steer well clear of Atwood and James.

If you are trading on phone then it is not good. Trading on phone is good if the broker is reliable and any concerned person is setting with that broker or you know that the broker is good and will not fraud you. But the real way of trading is that seat and trade your self. Go to the broker and put and tell the operator to trade in front of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back