• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss AugustForexGolem.com (ForexGolem.com)

General discussions of a financial company
Price thresholds

Have you noticed how the entry prices for a buy or sell are always 15 pips either above or below the next major even price? For example, the first order is a sell, and the entry price is 1.3915, or 15 pips above the take profit of 1.39000. The first buy enters at 1.3985, which is 15 pips below 1.40000. This pattern of targeting even prices and posting a stop order 15 pips away repeats all through the statement.

For the stop orders that were canceled, it looks like the trend turned away from the stop order's entry price, and at some point the EA decided to delete the stop order since it became increasingly apparent that it wouldn't be hit.

I don't think this lets us draw any conclusions about the EA's alleged real-time optimization. But it does illustrate that if prices are moving and come within 15 pips of a psychological "00" price level, that the prices will go ahead and complete the move. It's as if the psychological levels will act like magnets to draw moving prices, and at some point the force is overwhelming, which yields a very good win-loss ratio.

Regards,

Bill
Good observation and very interesting.

Back