Aura-FX appears to be insolvent

I have been trading at Aura for 6 years. I wrote and sold trading software in 2010, and was always on the hunt for decent brokers. Aura seemed to be great and over the years I referred a lot of clients there. I opened a second account there in 2019. I have all the original emails and documents I sent to them to open the two accounts.

I don't trade forex any more and requested to get my money out of the two accounts on Feb 10, 2021. A guy named Kevin Mayne contacted me and said my account numbers are old and that the company split over 2 years ago, and he needed some time to find my accounts.

A week or so later he started asking for proof of ID documents, wire receipts, signed account application forms, and bank statements showing I deposited the money. I sent him the wire receipt for the older account, which I happened to have scanned and sent to them when the account was set up. I don't have the wire receipt for the second account but have an Email dated 1/10/2019 confirming Aura got my second deposit for $1000 and credited it to my new account. Kevin Mayne was copied on this email.

Remember, this was all under the auspices of "finding" my accounts. Over a month has passed. I keep asking exactly what else he needs and all I ever get is "send the documents I requested in my original email". This is clearly a delay tactic. I'm getting the feeling Aura is insolvent. Why do you need a wire receipt and proof of ID to "find" a customers account? That stuff was all provided in order to set up the account and they know that. I asked him if he ever found the accounts but he never answers that.

I told Kevin I was going to put this post here. He doesn't seem to care. I have all the supporting emails to back up what I am saying. I hope Kevin responds and I would love nothing more than to get my money quickly, change my rating of them, and move on. I welcome a response from Aura regarding this and would gladly invite Kevin to respond if I can figure out how. His email is Kevin@aura-fx.com if someone from FPA wants to get in touch with him.

Share review:​

" data-placement="right" data-html="true" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: 400; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.5; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; text-transform: none; appearance: button; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; text-align: center; white-space: nowrap; vertical-align: middle; touch-action: manipulation; background-image: none; border: 1px solid rgb(70, 184, 218); padding: 1px 5px; border-radius: 3px; user-select: none; background-color: rgb(91, 192, 222);"> Share

I have been trading at Aura for 6 years. I wrote and sold trading software in 2010, and was always on the hunt for decent brokers. Aura seemed to be great and over the years I referred a lot of clients there. I opened a second account there in 2019. I have all the original emails and documents I sent to them to open the two accounts.

I don't trade forex any more and requested to get my money out of the two accounts on Feb 10, 2021. A guy named Kevin Mayne contacted me and said my account numbers are old and that the company split over 2 years ago, and he needed some time to find my accounts.

A week or so later he started asking for proof of ID documents, wire receipts, signed account application forms, and bank statements showing I deposited the money. I sent him the wire receipt for the older account, which I happened to have scanned and sent to them when the account was set up. I don't have the wire receipt for the second account but have an Email dated 1/10/2019 confirming Aura got my second deposit for $1000 and credited it to my new account. Kevin Mayne was copied on this email.

Remember, this was all under the auspices of "finding" my accounts. Over a month has passed. I keep asking exactly what else he needs and all I ever get is "send the documents I requested in my original email". This is clearly a delay tactic. I'm getting the feeling Aura is insolvent. Why do you need a wire receipt and proof of ID to "find" a customers account? That stuff was all provided in order to set up the account and they know that. I asked him if he ever found the accounts but he never answers that.

I told Kevin I was going to put this post here. He doesn't seem to care. I have all the supporting emails to back up what I am saying. I hope Kevin responds and I would love nothing more than to get my money quickly, change my rating of them, and move on. I welcome a response from Aura regarding this and would gladly invite Kevin to respond if I can figure out how. His email is Kevin@aura-fx.com if someone from FPA wants to get in touch with him.

Share review:​

" data-placement="right" data-html="true" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: 400; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.5; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; text-transform: none; appearance: button; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; text-align: center; white-space: nowrap; vertical-align: middle; touch-action: manipulation; background-image: none; border: 1px solid rgb(70, 184, 218); padding: 1px 5px; border-radius: 3px; user-select: none; background-color: rgb(91, 192, 222);"> Share
Try to contact them via info@aura-fx.com (+64 988 97 872) and see what reply you receive from them.

I sent the email to the info account. The next day I heard back with the usual "give us what we asked for" response. I asked for more detail and they told me they need:

A wire receipt from my bank showing the wire came from my account.
Proof of address
A notarized passport copy.

I had 2 accounts and had already sent them a wire receipt from the first account. I sent him proof of address and the same passport copy I sent when I opened the accounts. I asked why it had to be notarized when that wasn't required to open the accounts and also why I needed a wire receipt (which I don't have for the second account). He responded with this:

"How do we prove that the funds came from you? The issue at hand here is that the people who opened you account originally have been linked to 100’s of fake accounts and sign up bonuses. They are no longer with the company but have left a huge mess to clean up. We need to verify that the money came from you. This is all we are requesting now."

I responded to this by pointing out that I did not take the signup bonus for either account. I specifically refused it in emails they have. They can simply look at the 2 accounts to verify that.

I have never saved wire receipts from years ago and have never been asked for one. The money clearly came from me as per emails he is copied on. Anyway I will keep you posted. I just want my money.

I sent the email to the info account. The next day I heard back with the usual "give us what we asked for" response. I asked for more detail and they told me they need:

A wire receipt from my bank showing the wire came from my account.
Proof of address
A notarized passport copy.

I had 2 accounts and had already sent them a wire receipt from the first account. I sent him proof of address and the same passport copy I sent when I opened the accounts. I asked why it had to be notarized when that wasn't required to open the accounts and also why I needed a wire receipt (which I don't have for the second account). He responded with this:

"How do we prove that the funds came from you? The issue at hand here is that the people who opened you account originally have been linked to 100’s of fake accounts and sign up bonuses. They are no longer with the company but have left a huge mess to clean up. We need to verify that the money came from you. This is all we are requesting now."

I responded to this by pointing out that I did not take the signup bonus for either account. I specifically refused it in emails they have. They can simply look at the 2 accounts to verify that.

I have never saved wire receipts from years ago and have never been asked for one. The money clearly came from me as per emails he is copied on. Anyway I will keep you posted. I just want my money.
Now, follow this.........

Let's start with adding your story as a review here https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/aura-fx-appears-to-be-insolvent.69191/#post-396413 and then follow the below suggestions.

First of all, invite the company by using the invite company option to your thread. And if you are unable to locate the option then this thread "Tutorial: How to Invite a company to your thread." will help you to find out.

Note: The invitation button will be enabled when your first post reaches 4 days old.
Note 2: Make sure to share your account number (Only account number). Many time this help companies to find out you are genuine or not.
Note 3: Make sure to follow the suggestions correctly, when you do it correctly you will get the below message in your thread automatically.

OP Screen shot.jpg

Common stall tactic. And now they have your personal details in which identity theft can be performed.

I would recommend that you stop sending them any more money. And stop sending any more personal info.

And that you more properly research a brokerages business model before you send any money. If you dont understand the business model that a forex brokerage operates, you probably shouldnt be trading with that brokerage.

They had my personal details when I set up the accounts. I have never sent them any money beyond the initial deposits for the 2 accounts.

I was selling Forex software and had been through dozens of brokers over a 10 year period before finding these guys. A guy I knew was working there at the time. Over the years since I opened the first account they seemed to be very good. I referred a few people there. No one ever said they had any problems with them.

I don't use the software any more and neither does anyone else I know of. Just trying to get the last bit of money from them when I ran into this problem. He communicated again today and said if he can get the wire receipt for the second account they can move forward. I told him to send me the money from the first account which they have the wire receipt for. He hasn't responded to that.

I am not sure why they keep responding, albeit briefly, to my emails. Seems if they are going to just keep the money they would not respond at all rather than play games.

I will keep you posted. I am not expecting to ever get my money. I could go by the bank and see if they can print me a copy of the wire receipt, though these days that requires setting up an appointment and is kind of a pain. These guys already have the one wire receipt so it doesn't seem like any more harm could be done by sending the second in the event I can even get it.

Thoughts?

Back