Aura-FX appears to be insolvent

Here is an update. I found the transaction where the money came out of my checking account and went into my new account with them in Jan, 2019. I sent him a copy of this. He got back on a Friday and said he would be in touch the next week (last week). Last week came and went. No response. I pinged on him today and he said he is working on it. No detail or reason given for not returning the money after 2 months. I am still being patient but will soon request you label them as a scam if you haven't already.

I posted an update to this but I don't see it here. Anyway I gave these guys the stuff they asked for. I found the proof of wire and sent that. A week later they said they needed another week but now don't respond at all. I have tried to be patient in hopes of getting something back but at this point it looks like they really don't care and will just keep the money. So I'd like to see them listed as a scam on your site. We have given them every opportunity to respond but only crickets.

Is there anything else you need me to do to give them the scam label?

I'm perplexed as to why I am having so much trouble getting any kind of a response from FPA. I presume you get a lot of hotheads that have a bone to pick with brokers and are trying to use you as a tool to get revenge. That is not me. I tried to be respectful to Aura and provide them with every opportunity to explain themselves. They have failed to do that. Three months have gone by and no money or response.

I would assume that qualifies them as a scam. Explaining your position on this given what you've seen so far seems reasonable. Otherwise I and anybody who reads this is left in limbo as to what your true thoughts are with regards to their operation.

I'm perplexed as to why I am having so much trouble getting any kind of a response from FPA. I presume you get a lot of hotheads that have a bone to pick with brokers and are trying to use you as a tool to get revenge. That is not me. I tried to be respectful to Aura and provide them with every opportunity to explain themselves. They have failed to do that. Three months have gone by and no money or response.

I would assume that qualifies them as a scam. Explaining your position on this given what you've seen so far seems reasonable. Otherwise I and anybody who reads this is left in limbo as to what your true thoughts are with regards to their operation.
Aura FX (NZ) Ltd. was a New Zealand-based forex broker and while the parent company appears to be registered the broker itself (AuraFX) is not listed. Have you contacted the New Zealand FMA and filed a complaint?

1621964437375.png

1621964597290.png

I contacted the FMA and this is what they sent back:

Thank you for contacting the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) with regard to Aura FX (NZ) Limited.

We understand that you are having difficulty in accessing funds held in your account by this company.

It appears that this company was deregistered from the Financial Service Providers Register (FSPR) on 30/11/2017.

We cannot comment as to why this entity was deregistered and point out that it may have been voluntary.

FMA does not provide security or confirmations of legitimacy for any entity.

As this company is also no longer part of a Disputes Resolution Scheme, you will need to seek independent legal advice about what action you can take.

It appears they are completely untethered from any kind of oversight and can therefore bilk their customers as they please. I hope you list them as the scam they are.

Back