Australian Trade Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felix Homogratus

Commander in Chief
Australian Trade Balance comes out once per month at around 19:30 New York Time.

The Australian Trade Balance is derived by subtracting monetary value of imported items from monetary value of exported items.

So when the number is positive, it means that Australian exports are higher than Australian imports.

Higher trade balance usually has a positive effect on Australian dollar, and lower trade balance usually has a negative effect on Australian dollar.

This is because in order for somebody to buy Australian export goods, they must first buy Australian dollars, and in order for somebody to import something into Australia from overseas, they must sell Australian dollars and buy the overseas currency. This is what traders base their speculations on.

So when Australian Trade Balance comes out significantly higher than expected, AUD/USD tends to go up. When it comes out significantly lower than expected, AUD/USD tends to go down.

I highly recommend you see a history of Australian Trade Balance and charts of how it affected the AUD/USD and other currencies. You can do it by visiting this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for AUD Trade Balance

You can read more information about this report by visiting its official government website: Australian Bureau of Statistics

If you want me to email you 1 day before this report is released, and explain to you in details on how to trade it, then please sign up for my free trading signals by going to this link:
Forex Daily Trading Signals - Forex Peace Army Forum

In the signal, I tell you exactly how many pips the currency will most likely move, depending on the difference between expected and actual numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back