• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Automated Trading

dhm4x

Recruit
I am new to this forum. What is the best way to find info in Forex Peace Army about automated trading? Possibly reviews, ratings and discussion. I tried a search for "automated trading" and this gets a lot of matches. I cannot seem to find an area, such as a discussion thread, etc. that is dedicated to automated trading.

I have played around with demo accounts from FXCM's and FXDD's automated trading platforms. BUT, I see there are several negative comments about these two brokers.

Any info about platforms based on Tradency.com (this is what FXDD and FXCM are based on)?

Thanks!!

Check the reviews for Software and look for things labeled as EAs.

You can also look up performance tests of EAs.

Definition of EA, Robot, Automated Trading

The reason for my questions is so I will know what to search on at Forex Peace Army in order to find reviews and discussion about what I am interested in (automated trading).

I am fairly new to 4X and would appreciate the definition of the following terms:
1) EA = I believe it means Expert Advisor, but not exactly sure what that is.
2) Robot = ??
3) Automated Trading = ??

I am interested in automated trading, and by this I mean the ability to select from multiple systems and have the trading be completely automated. I have tried a few demos accts at FXDD and FXCM and a couple of others.

Is "EA" automated trading as I described, OR is it something that sends you recommendations and then it is up to you to trade or not trade? What about Robots?

THANKS!

Hi there, i am also new to the forum, but have been trading for a long time.

The EA is expert advisor on your platform on metatrader, but as far as i know you need to buy a robot to copy it into that expert advisor in order to have a automated trading system.

Then you drag it out of the expert advisor into a graph that will be compatible with that robot, put in all your signals according to the settings of that robot and then it trades automaticaly from there on in.

There are also people that sends out signals when to buy or sell, but then you have to make the trade yourself.

I hope this helps a little.

Thanks, JohnGfx!!

From your reply, I believe the automated trading at sites such ZuluTrade, FXCM System Selector, and FXDD's auto trade (tradency), would NOT be considered EAs or Robots, but simply Auto Trading platforms.

If this is true, then back to my original question:
What is the best way to find info in Forex Peace Army about automated trading? Possibly reviews, ratings and discussion. I tried a search for "automated trading" and this gets a lot of matches. I cannot seem to find an area, such as a discussion thread, etc. that is dedicated to automated trading.

I am interested in automated trading, and by this I mean the ability to select from multiple systems and have the trading be completely automated. I have tried a few demos accts at FXDD and FXCM and a couple of others. BUT, I see there are several negative comments about these two brokers.

Any info about platforms based on Tradency.com (this is what FXDD and FXCM are based on)?

A MetaTrader4 EA is a robot trader, or auto-trader, or whatever you want to call it. You program it, then you let it trade for you. Please be sure to backtest your EA and also forward test it in a demo account before letting it loose on real money -- it is way easier to write an EA that loses money than it is to write one that makes money.

Good luck!

MM

Hi dhm4x,

I understand you wish to get information about Tradency's platform (Mirror Trading) and it's partner brokers. I didn't find much here in FPA, though, On next link you can find other partners of Tradency, Mirror trading platform by Tradency , so you might find more convenient broker for you.

In addition, there's a community on Facebook, there you can find instruction videos, interviews with Signal Providers and more useful info Login | Facebook .

Hope it helps,

Tradency's mirror trading in FXCM

FXCM uses Tradency's platform, I opened live account 2 weeks ago and now I am examaning the performance of the systems. I must say that some systems showed very good performance in my account.

you can see it in FXCM website: Forex Trading System

good luck! and please share portfolios if you see good results with systems, this way we can all enjoy the benefit of autotrading.

:)

Hi there ! I am on the learning process at forex trading. I am doing my self -study right now. Please help me find reliable software/ robot to choose from so I can practise on my demo account.Thanks and more power.:D

I started with demo account on Ava Auto trader, it's an automated platform. You select systems to your portfolio, and they execute trades to your account.
You need to realize what are the profitable systems, view their performance results and try a few, the performance results are very detailed so it's comfortable.
here you can open the demo account http://www.avafx.com/autotrader/

Good luck!

Back