AvaFX let me give myself a margin call

AvaFX stole my money

n January 2011, I did open a demo account at AvaFx. My goal was to be able to invest in Gold and other ressources on the long term.
At expiration of my demo account, and before funding my real account, I did confirm I could leave a position open for a long period (see extract of mail hereunder)
Hi,

I would like to know what is the time limit, between a buying order and its corresponding sold, i.e. let's say I would buy gold or silver tomorrow, may I wait says 5 years before solding it ?
My contact at AvaFX, Julie Baker, did answer with this:
Thank you for your email. There is no time limit on how long you can keep positions open. You are welcome to leave the position open for as long as you see fit.
So I did indeed invest 3,000.00 EURO in April and bought gold, silver and platinum. Since my goal was for long term investment, I did not check my account everyday.
After a while, I could see that all my positions were closed. It appear the system did close my positions the same day due to the fact my balance was too low. So I lost 2,734.00 EURO byt the fault of the system and AvaFX rules.
Moreover, when I ask them to withdraw my account and refund me the remaining 200+ EURO, they explain they cannot do it since there is not enough money on my account and I do not have the minimum required to refund THEM of the 400 EURO "play" money they gave me.
Sorry for such an awefuly experience.

Sorry for such an awefuly experience.

Did you notice the subject line? Did you read the rest of the thread? Fibag21 gave himself a margin call and also filed a second Traders Court case where he deliberately lied about the dates.

Did you notice the subject line? Did you read the rest of the thread? Fibag21 gave himself a margin call and also filed a second Traders Court case where he deliberately lied about the dates.
I only read the subject line and felt for him! Margin call hurts though!

Back