1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backtesting manual trades.

Discussion in 'Forex Company Comparisons' started by Thos1087, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Thos1087

Thos1087 Recruit

Hi There,

Are there low cost or free software for backtesting a manual trading strategy on MT4?

2. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez Recruit

This is akin to demo trading today; a way that we can test our theories and strategies on the market without financial risk. Is this exactly the same as trading live, no, because there isn’t a liquidity provider on the other end of your trade performing actual execution; but it can allow me to test my strategies in a dynamic environment. The downside to demo trading or demo-testing a strategy is the fact that it may take a long time to get enough results to make a determination for my strategies consistency.

3. Thos1087

Thos1087 Recruit

Hi Jeff, I have been back and forward testing EA's for about 8 years and would like a way to prove a concept in the early stages by placing manual trades in an historical data environment. There are rather expensive software packages to do this, I just wondered if someone knew of a cheap offering. I would need the programme to handle multiple hedge trades.

4. bigdolly

bigdolly Master Sergeant

What software is necessary to conduct such tests? Is MT4 platform have sufficient tools to make improvements to this stuff?

5. Makenzie Malachi

Backtesting manual trades is close to demo trading. This is a way to test business theories and strategies on the market. It is totally risk free. It is not other than real trading. Here you will get all the same process as live trading but all it happens as virtual trading. In this platform trader can test their strategies in a dynamic environment. But if you wanted to get the feedback of negative review of backtesting there is a small review is take a long time to get essential results to make any decision.

6. Thos1087

Thos1087 Recruit

This is a good programme for achieving good analysis of manual trading using historical data. http://www.forextester.com/

The price is more than $400 US... I am trying to find something cheaper.

The backtesting tools that come with MT4 are rather limited and the data is not such good quality in my view.

Any other options???