• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Backtesting manual trades.

Thos1087

Private, 1st Class
Hi There,

Are there low cost or free software for backtesting a manual trading strategy on MT4?

This is akin to demo trading today; a way that we can test our theories and strategies on the market without financial risk. Is this exactly the same as trading live, no, because there isn’t a liquidity provider on the other end of your trade performing actual execution; but it can allow me to test my strategies in a dynamic environment. The downside to demo trading or demo-testing a strategy is the fact that it may take a long time to get enough results to make a determination for my strategies consistency.

Hi Jeff, I have been back and forward testing EA's for about 8 years and would like a way to prove a concept in the early stages by placing manual trades in an historical data environment. There are rather expensive software packages to do this, I just wondered if someone knew of a cheap offering. I would need the programme to handle multiple hedge trades.

Hi Jeff, I have been back and forward testing EA's for about 8 years and would like a way to prove a concept in the early stages by placing manual trades in an historical data environment. There are rather expensive software packages to do this, I just wondered if someone knew of a cheap offering. I would need the programme to handle multiple hedge trades.

What software is necessary to conduct such tests? Is MT4 platform have sufficient tools to make improvements to this stuff?

Backtesting manual trades is close to demo trading. This is a way to test business theories and strategies on the market. It is totally risk free. It is not other than real trading. Here you will get all the same process as live trading but all it happens as virtual trading. In this platform trader can test their strategies in a dynamic environment. But if you wanted to get the feedback of negative review of backtesting there is a small review is take a long time to get essential results to make any decision.

This is a good programme for achieving good analysis of manual trading using historical data. http://www.forextester.com/

The price is more than $400 US... I am trying to find something cheaper.

The backtesting tools that come with MT4 are rather limited and the data is not such good quality in my view.

Any other options???

Back