Banc de Binary is Closing Down. End of a Scam?

Thoris

Private, 1st Class
Honestly from the start the name of Banc de Binary wouldn't put much trust in any of my gut feelings anyway, I simply was never comfortable with this guys, are all those links for recovering funds are working and people really get something back ?

Gateluri

Recruit
Well, Thoris, I was just thinking the same. The name Banc de Binary really does not put too much confidence, let along that I have never even tried to investigate their business as it immediately sounded suspicious to me. It is excellent news that they will not be able to scam people anymore

mbreitfelder

2nd Lieutenant
Well, Thoris, I was just thinking the same. The name Banc de Binary really does not put too much confidence, let along that I have never even tried to investigate their business as it immediately sounded suspicious to me. It is excellent news that they will not be able to scam people anymore
Oh, don't get things wrong here, Oren Shabat (Laurent) is still scammibg people. He only got a fine and to pay restitution, he is off onto the next scam that he can run, crypto.

Doctor911

Recruit
Why is this Banc de Binary so much discussed on this forum. I have never even heard about it. I think that there are many more good example of similar stories, so it would be good to discuss them also

mbreitfelder

2nd Lieutenant
This is a thread on them. Oren Shabat (Laurent) is still very active. BDB had the highest-profile, but the real people behind the scams have not been named. When you get to names that you cannot pronounce, then you have gotten really close.